Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Setmod feedback

Simmml

We have now had mod sets for a good while, and I think it's time to leave a little feedback on them, since now more players have had the chance to gather them and play around with them

Setmods as of now are not very worth building for. Dedicated builds just have to compromise too heavily to be a viable option.
There is rarely if ever an incentive to actually sacrifice something for the miniscule bonus and no point to say no to a better option in order to just squeeze
in that one extra set mod.
This, in my opinion, is mostly due to using multiple mods of the same set not increasing the bonus per mod. As in "the mods don't enhance each other".
As they are a SET in concept I think that equipping more of one set should increase potency of reward per mod.

EXAMPLE:
As of now equipping all 6 Gladiator mods gives you the tiny bonus of 90% increased crit chance scaling with combo multiplier. You have to sacrifice a lot in order
to get this bonus. Meanwhile a single mod, Blood Rush gives you 165% crit chance without having to compromise much at all.
15% critchance is what we currently get. Let us assume that each additional set mod adds 2.5% bonus to all other mods of the set used.
1 mod used = 1 x 15%
2 mods used = 2 x 17.5%
3 mods used = 3 x 20%
6 mods (full set) = 6 x 27.5% (Which is 165% = Blood Rush btw)

In addition to this using more of the same set mod could increase the individual mods bonus aswell.

EXAMPLE:
Gladiator Resolve gives you +180% health
1 mod used = 180% health

2 mods used = 180% + (1 x 15%) = 195% health
3 mods used = 180% + (2 x 15%) = 210% health
6 mods (full set) = 180 + (5 x 15%) = 255% health (Vitality giving 440%)

This could apply to all mods of the set aswell, making specific set builds potent and worthwhile.

All current 4 sets would benefit greatly from implementing these changes or something similar, increasing their viability.

Edited by Simmml
I forgot that we have 4 sets with the Hunter one

And it would be nice if most of them were not completely irrelevant by the time you reach Sedna. Also to keep in mind: A few of these mods drop in Bounties that are level equivalent to Sedna. I am not asking to make them better than normal mods, but boost them a bit the more mods of a set you use.

This is a good idea, and i am with you on the set mods having a price that is way to high to use. 
I just feel that their actual set bonuses need to be re-done. 

Why would I even want to use the Gladiator Mod Set if I can just put Blood Rush on, why use 6 mods when I can use 1? 
The Augur Mod set is largely useless, we didn't get Shield Gating so why have it as shields? Would have been better if they dropped it to like 5% (30% at max) and made it restore Health . . . . .  
The Vigilante Mod set is okay, but the only really usable one is Armaments, the rest are just a shadow of their full counterparts. 

Hunter Mod set I feel is great, but Kavats are still a bit twitchy and do not really attack regularly enough to take full advantage. Mine is often too busy flying, bouncing off the walls or doing other cat stuff to even attempt to attack something. 

Edited by Dod-Regnbue

On 2018-04-28 at 8:18 AM, MillbrookWest said:

For where you find them (the very first planet), i'd say they fit their purpose.

Pretty sure you can max most of the set mods for the endo you'd drop on maxing a single vitality. They are pretty good for someone traipsing through the solar system for the first time.

Judging the usefulness of a mod based upon where you find them isn't a good system. I mean we are given serration very early on in the game and it is literally the most useful rifle mod, nay it is a mandatory rifle mod.

However the proposed idea is...well, viable actually....With each mod in the set not only increasing the individual mods bonus but also increasing the mod's base effect is a great idea, it doesn't bring them up to equal their initial mods, but it does make them worth using as a set(which currently....many aren't.)

Extra mod levels or extra effects on them would certainly be welcome. There's not much incentive to use whole sets beyond maxing the current bonus. Other games have "complete set" bonuses, maybe that would work here.