Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia's Deluxe Boltor Skin

Nines.AI

Is there any reason this thing is solely locked to the boltor? I love it to bits, the reload animation is amazing - but when I can turn twin shotguns or twin SMG's into a revolver skin with the new mesa deluxe skin, but I can't with the Octavia deluxe weapon skin, it feels like a let down, especially since there are ton more fun rifles I'd like to put it on over the boltor, which after 5 years I'm quite sick of seeing/hearing/using.

I only just recently came back and I'm just guessing that the octavia deluxe predated the mesa one, which is why one is weapon locked and one isen't, but can we please lift the restriction on the octavia one? <3

3 minutes ago, LuckyNines said:

II'm just guessing that the octavia deluxe predated the mesa one

You'd think that... but you'd be wrong. :P

Mesa's Deluxe was out on January 25th while Octavia's was out March 2nd.

Would be nice to have it work on other rifles, it never made sense why they chose to lock it down to only the boltor.

Edited by Sean

According to DE:

"BOLTOR BRAVURA SKIN
A new look for the Boltor, and one worthy of a diva.
*Please keep in mind that due to technical limitations and differences between firing/reloading animations on other Weapons, the Boltor Bravura Skin can only be equipped on the Boltor. While previous Skins have typically worked on multiple Weapons, we think it is better to optimize this Skin specifically for the Boltor."

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/928296-shrine-of-the-eidolon-update-22140/

Just now, NovusNova said:

According to DE:

"BOLTOR BRAVURA SKIN
*Please keep in mind that due to technical limitations and differences between firing/reloading animations on other Weapons, the Boltor Bravura Skin can only be equipped on the Boltor. While previous Skins have typically worked on multiple Weapons, we think it is better to optimize this Skin specifically for the Boltor."

Oh thank you! I couldn't find anything on it when I searched up reasons why it was weapon locked, guess I was looking in the wrong places :<

Just now, NovusNova said:

According to DE:

"BOLTOR BRAVURA SKIN

That honestly sounds more like an excuse.

It's ultimately just a model, unless the joke of how the game is built on such spaghetti code is true, but that would mean some pretty horrid things for the game as whole.