Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Warframes For Sanctuary Onslaught

(XBOX)Daltonsky9

Question

15 answers to this question

For Elite Onslaught I usually run Mesa with a Shatter Shield and Peacemaker build accompanied with an Amprex, Synoid Gammacor and Atterax. But usually I end up just Meme-Striking my way through the Zones and would reach zones 8-10 pretty consistently

Best frames in this mode change with each hotfix 😛 But from my own and my clanmates experience:

- Saryn - Spore build - very good at normal mode, nice to have on elite mode (health reduction) - my favourite frame now in Onslaught

- Volt - actually probably the best frame in both modes, if u have 2 Volts with Capacitance build AND good timing (discord/teamspeak etc) to avoid abilities blockade, you don't need anything else to progress

- Banshee - effective, but extremely boring for all players, also has flaw that she throws enemies under wall on map edges (elite mode, high level mobs), slowing the fight...

- Equinox - i think she works best in Normal mode, ofc Maim build; can be also used as utility frame (Night Mode)

- Nova (Slow) - very good as utility frame at higher waves of Elite. Makes Volt's or other casters job much easier and safer (they're usually glass cannons)

- Mag - not bad at Normal mode, good utility, team boost with shields, removes armor/shield, but sucks against Infested

- Mesa - pure dps, effectivity depends of particular map (sometimes she cannot "see" enemies and she cannot shoot/delete them)

- Nidus - not bad frame with great CC (with right build - min. duration, big range), good dps with some stacks, can proc Growing Power for your casters (!) easily with his 1

- Rhino - he don't do much damage himself, but can effectively double your team dps by his 3 - very useful

- Ember - not much to say about her, but she is ok for Normal mode (on most maps), personally i hate Ember so maybe someone else should say few tips

About weapons i honestly don't use them too much in this mode (except my gas Pox on Saryn), because for now Onslaught is the kingdom of caster frames. Use whatever suits you, usually i take some melee weapons with Eidolon lens. Many ppl use Amprex, because it's good aoe and you can proc Growing Power for yourself.

3 corrosive projections + 1 Coaction Drift makes all the difference in the world in this mode.

Volt as a nuker, max out range as you don't need much power. 

Rhino/Nidus/Equinox make solid support/boost frames.

Sayrn is solid for the viral procs

Trinity and maybe harrow for energy.

Spore Saryn with condition overload melee weapon with good damage and high reach. Galatine Prime quite useful here actually as you can also get decent crits, move around quite fast with block combo (Tempo Royale) and while swinging can't be knocked down. Use together with Toxic Lash, cast spore on 1 enemy at start, Toxic Lash and go melee enemies - this setup works nicely as you don't have to spam abilities, don't need spin to win and you are helping teammates too by halving enemy hp. Arcanes depending on your Saryn build - Guardian / Strike / Fury / Avenger.

Sonar Banshee with primed flow + quick thinking + good melee (also no need to use maiming, just with many melee weapons using spin attacks is fastest to move around - this depends on weapon stances). Arcane energize helps as energy is needed for quick thinking. Other arcanes - Strike / Guardian / etc. At start of waves cast silence, then sonar. Silence helps a lot to not get attacked before you can reach enemies. Must move around fast.

Slow Nova as already mentioned not only helps team survive but also gives 2x damage boost to enemies affected by molecular prime.

Cheat mode Trinity (Abating link + Evasion + Diamond skin + Sancti Castanas modded with radiation)

Primal Rage (augment for 4th) Wukong works well too. Nice crits with arcane avenger + a few gladiator mods (I use gladiator hp mod on wukong + crit damage mod on melee). Knockdowns from enemies can be quite annoying tho.

Equinox and Volt and Rhino as already mentioned. Chroma works well too both as buffer or damage dealer with good melee or aoe weapon.

There are other options too, but I haven't tried everything yet.

Not going to lie: I was hoping to do Sanctuary Onslaught as Nidus, as he's my go-to frame, and the setup seems perfect for his "I live here now" playstyle that he gets when using all of his abilities. Unfortunately, the general impression I'm getting from this thread is that he's only passable. Will I have a lot of trouble if I try to take Nidus into Elite mode solo?

i was using nezha doing some onslaught runs, because of the speed and the 3th shield it works pretty nice,also his 4th to hold a group of enemies pinned. i only lack weapon damage,need to work on that

On 2018-05-13 at 2:35 PM, (XB1)D34thst41ker said:

Not going to lie: I was hoping to do Sanctuary Onslaught as Nidus, as he's my go-to frame, and the setup seems perfect for his "I live here now" playstyle that he gets when using all of his abilities. Unfortunately, the general impression I'm getting from this thread is that he's only passable. Will I have a lot of trouble if I try to take Nidus into Elite mode solo?

He could be good with high range to draw enemies in his larva and well sorry to say this but probably need high range, maybe spin to win or at least high damage melee as well.

Solo is difficult on onslaught sometimes not because that you couldn't kill enemies but because many zones have bad spawns that are far from you usually and it takes time to get to them.

On 2018-04-30 at 5:29 PM, Ragaki said:

For Elite Onslaught I usually run Mesa with a Shatter Shield and Peacemaker build accompanied with an Amprex, Synoid Gammacor and Atterax. But usually I end up just Meme-Striking my way through the Zones and would reach zones 8-10 pretty consistently

👀

I feel like you buried the lead lol. 

On 2018-05-12 at 5:12 PM, DjKaplis said:

There are other options too, but I haven't tried everything yet.

Octavia!

But "combo" or teamwise, treat it as you would meta focus farming on say Bere.

Edited by Synpai

After trying elite onslaught with Mesa and randoms a few times and failing to finish wave 8, I'm convinced the ideal team would be Mesa, Trinity, and two Equinoxes.  Mesa for the early waves to power up the Equinoxes, who then take turns using their 4.  Trinity to supply energy.  

I'm also formaing up sancti castanas to try Nuke Trinity.  

Any thoughts from PC players with more experience?

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone

17 hours ago, (XB1)ThermalStone said:

After trying elite onslaught with Mesa and randoms a few times and failing to finish wave 8, I'm convinced the ideal team would be Mesa, Trinity, and two Equinoxes.  Mesa for the early waves to power up the Equinoxes, who then take turns using their 4.  Trinity to supply energy.  

I'm also formaing up sancti castanas to try Nuke Trinity.  

Any thoughts from PC players with more experience?

My teammate and I have been clearing with a nuke Equinox and high range Saryn.