Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New mods for Sentinel : Targeting guide for players

XenMaster

A mod that guide the players' view of sentinel attacking enemies. This is for those who want to eliminate enemies that being targeted by the sentinel with their "CC build" weapon so you can kill them or ignoring the enemies that being stun locked (crowd control build of Sweeper sentinel) by the sentinel while players can do other job during mission.

The mod's capacity drain should be at 10 and without any upgrade option to it. It only trigger when the sentinel want to attack with their equipped weapon, not during when Sentinel use their precept mods like Wyrm's Crowd Dispersion or Dethcube's Vaporize.

Taxon's Artax has beam that shows which enemy it's attacking, but the Artax's beam should render the laser sight mod useless because, the beam is already help the players' sight of enemy presence.

Name of the mod : Laser Sight [Sentinel's Energy Colour should change it's laser colour]

Mod Capacity drain : 10

No upgrade option

Polarity type : Penjaga - Y [the sentinel's precept polarize]

Range depending on normal attack Precept mods : [Swift Deth] [Retarget] [Calculated Shot] etc

Another mod for offensive support is the precept where Sentinel only attack enemies behind player's back [180 degree view]. This mod should prioritize the sentinel to attack the enemies behind and if there's no enemy, it will prioritize to attack in front instead.

If players look at their back getting shot at, which the player turn 180 degree, the sentinel will maintain the targeting precept mod behind players' back.

Name of the mod : Back to Back [Name that suits between the sentinel and player]

Mod Capacity drain
: 10

No upgrade option

Polarity type : Penjaga - Y [the sentinel's precept polarize]

I can't see anyone using either mod.

A) If a sentinel is targeted above level 50 it's going to die long before you can find the enemy and kill him.

B) There's no more space for qol sentinel mods which prevents this from going on anyways.

Edit to point A: Apparently this mod shows what your sentinel is shooting at which is even more useless.

Edited by (PS4)Chris_Robet

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

A) If a sentinel is targeted above level 50 it's going to die long before you can find the enemy and kill him.

it's a Mod to show you what the Sentinel is Aiming at, not what is Aiming at the Sentinel.

besides, if your Sentinel is constantly dying there is some User Error involved. it's not like every Enemy is a Napalm.

Why the hell would it be useful if you could see what your sentinel is aiming at? NO ONE would waste a precious mod slot on that.

Seeing as sentinels lack health or general tankiness plus there is no way for you to interact with them, I fail to see how there is some error on the users end. Enemies are more accurate as the levels go up and with hitscan projectiles there's no chance of them dodging bullets even if they could.

• 4 weeks later...

I had some similar thoughts, but i do POE bounties solo and have started to reevaluate how useful some Sentinel abilities might be now, or could be......, Im not as excited to test things out lately as i just never seem to have enough time to do all the stuff i would like to do and tend to go with what is my current best all around success story. I figured i might mention it because i really did rethink a few things for POE that i would not have necessarily considered before, so,  maybe others have something to add.

My response is slightly out of order from when it appeared to be,    but  for Chris_Robet in POE it can be very very useful to find a threat especially if you have frames or frames making junk on the planes you will fail mission after mission on the hardest bountie if you cant be prepared to turn and grab one more enemy before the the control percentage timer expires. Its not how i would do it, but i have, and  it has helped me find a better way, including trying the newer gun that highlights outlines of enemies which i forma'd to the max before i decided its just not strong and fast enough no matter how it was modded. Anyway, for some it is definite worth considering mods or slots that might help you track an enemy in a heartbeat. I will still have an occasional rage quit when it tells me I will be unable to complete a bounty cuz of that damn timer