Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Legendary Core!! also, mag's new-ish Augment.

after countless Sorties, some easy, some bone-breakingly frustrating, I finally got my first ever Legendary Core. plat value for them has apparently gone down so I'm holding onto it in case another really good Primed mod gets released. what I mainly want to ask though is just how good is the Counter Pulse Augment? when I did the sortie, I tag-teamed it with a close friend who was using Mag with said augment. I didn't know about it until today (haven't done much more than log in for about a month), so when Proxies and enemy weapons within an entire room were being shut down each time he cast his 3, I was like "jesus, I gotta get this for my Mag! sadly I'm not with Perrin Sequence but I'm sure I'll get the mod one way or another eventually.

my questions though are:

- does counter pulse scale with power range? sure as Hek looked like it when entire rooms on Lua (not small rooms either) were affected by it.

- has it made you think more positively of Mag? i can't imagine Mag still being given a bad rep now that she has this Augment, and even before Counter Pulse, Mag was actually pretty strong with a full strength polarize build.

any answers are welcome, as are any prayers you have for my RNG luck, which will likely be at an all time low after today.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

- does counter pulse scale with power range? sure as Hek looked like it when entire rooms on Lua (not small rooms either) were affected by it.

- has it made you think more positively of Mag? i can't imagine Mag still being given a bad rep now that she has this Augment, and even before Counter Pulse, Mag was actually pretty strong with a full strength polarize build.

any answers are welcome, as are any prayers you have for my RNG luck, which will likely be at an all time low after today.

-with duration rather than range.

-she is absolutely fine. You can cast all abilities while moving, Crush animation is sped up and gives overshields, bubble absolutely wrecks anything with right weapon. She is now even better against Grineer than Corpus with Polarize shredding armor. Counter Pulse adds much needed survivability, but its useless against Infested - against them use Crush augment instead. Her rework mostly was a success.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:
  1. Does counter pulse scale with power range? sure as Hek looked like it when entire rooms on Lua (not small rooms either) were affected by it.
  2. Has it made you think more positively of Mag? i can't imagine Mag still being given a bad rep now that she has this Augment, and even before Counter Pulse, Mag was actually pretty strong with a full strength polarize build.

1. Yes it does. With both power range and duration ( range affects initial radius , duration affects pulse travel speed )

2. She is amazing even without augment. Ofcourse augment affects her positively and makes her much more powerful against Corpus and Grineer ( disables robots and jams firearms )

Edited by Aeon94

I switched to this augment as soon as it came out right when she was slightly reworked.  Combined it with Magnetize augment for more control over my bubble duration.  Haven't looked back since.  I previously enjoyed playing her and having a blast while having area control.  Now she's just better all around.