Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New GPU Particles and goodbye to PhysX FX!

[DE]Rebecca

21 minutes ago, Arniox said:

This would be very cool. 

@[DE]Steve, Steve, steve. Look, I know you're REALLY busy with all the upcoming stuff, but plz.... Plz consider adding Nvidia gibs and fluids? Liquids such as blood and guts could look sooooo good with them

giphy.gif

Well that explains the slow release of new content over the last months: I know from experience that rewriting such a crucial and complex peice of architecture requires immense amount of time and resources.

And that brings the second consideration: it's probably better to find an laternative to WF for the next months since there will be bugs and crashes every second.

Still, thank you for improving or at least trying to improve the quality of Warframe anytime the chance presents itself!

2 hours ago, den2k said:

Well that explains the slow release of new content over the last months: I know from experience that rewriting such a crucial and complex peice of architecture requires immense amount of time and resources.

Although you're most likely on to something, I think the bulk of the reason of slow release of new content have been three things: the massive gun and frame rebalance released during Shrine of the Eidolon (as well as the work on Damage 2.5 which was scrapped anyway), Khora pre-release rework and Dark Sectors 2.0 converted into Sanctuary Onslaught, and working on The Sacrifice and Venus Landscape.

I'm not saying rewriting particle physics isn't a big task, but I don't think it's THE reason why we've had a content drought.

Looks pretty! I am extremely into the greater degree of interaction with the environment, the "kinetic" feel adds a lot to the experience :satisfied:

Now to see how it'll run on my PC, which had its tenth birthday last month - I think it technically blows past "obsolete" and lands somewhere between "vintage" and "kitsch" :tongue:

I think details like particles. Can go along way in improving imersion and scaling difficulty upwards. It's something sim racing communities have been doing since Colin Mcrea Rally first came on the scene. If the best got bored of daytime driving, try night time with the headlights out/lowbeams, or chuck a full on rainy monsoon weather.

From this angle visibility can be used.
In saying that dont misinterpret my opinion as suggesting you fill all level 120+ missions with 15 metres of fog as in early Turok games. Theres a big difference between beauty effects caused by weapons, explosions and environmental collisions and a forcefield of grey haze that looks ugly as and make ranged weapons stupidly weak.

I think this will go a great further distance in balancing than just adding more numbers onto armor and weapons.

Quick, maybe silly question: how would Nvidia uses change between the new, better DE physics generator instead of the Nvidia one? Will I have to manualy disable it on the Nvidia control panel and then activate the DE one in the warframe menus? 

4 hours ago, Nitro747 said:

Quick, maybe silly question: how would Nvidia uses change between the new, better DE physics generator instead of the Nvidia one

I think they remove PhysX support from game and only their particles option remain, will be contraproductive support both particles, since Nvidia already drop PhysX support and have FleX instead under Nvidia Gameworks tools

3 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Hi I've only just recently upgraded to a computer that can handle Nvidia. Can I/we be shown some before and after examples? To the untrained eye (me) I don't see the difference so much.

Early 

After is pretty much we have now, since 99% of PhysX effect are replaced with engine particles

Archived