Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting a bit of sound popping after today's update

UnguidedSALTW

Think its the same thing I'm hearing..

After returning from missions getting a clicking noise, seems to go away after entering a menu but sometimes returns.

Spoiler

You can hear the click as I jump but it stops when i enter the menu again.

Edited by EliteStrike1
video added

il y a 14 minutes, EliteStrike1 a dit :

After returning from missions getting a clicking noise, seems to go away after entering a menu but sometimes returns.

you are lucky because this sound glitch never left me 😭.

1 hour ago, EliteStrike1 said:

Reveal hidden contents

You can hear the click as I jump but it stops when i enter the menu again.

Exact same problem here. Sounds like really small mice have infested my frame!

I'm getting this a lot too. It comes and goes but its always around. I wonder if it has anything to do with possible new implementation of the new UI system and this is one of the sounds accidentally getting in perhaps?

8 minutes ago, Cmdr-A said:

I'm getting this a lot too. It comes and goes but its always around. I wonder if it has anything to do with possible new implementation of the new UI system and this is one of the sounds accidentally getting in perhaps?

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's just a Void Fissure that corrupted DE's servers right before they released the new update.

7 minutes ago, Sunseahl said:

@[DE]MusclyArms I don't think this is associated with the recent Windows 10 update as i'm still using Windows 7 and experiencing this issue.

Happened to me after the Win 10 update - might just have been coincidence.  The symptoms everyone is describing fit what is going on with me.  Shame - the sound design in this game is so good, but with this bug everything sounds like crap.  

Not sure about the bass, but the clicky sounds in the menus are definitely a thing. And an annoying one at that.

EDIT:

Temporary workaround:

Options->Audio->Select Audio Output Device

Switching it back and forth seems to reinitialize the sound system and allows you to get rid of the clicking.

EDIT2: Nvm, it doesn't work consistently. 😞

Edited by DarthKadra

1 hour ago, Deniiiise said:

I got that terrible Realtek whatever onboard soundcard that virtually comes with 98% of all mainboards these days

Well, it's far from terrible. Sure, it's not some specialized professional sound card, but the reason a discrete audio card has long since stopped to be a must in a PC is that the onboard chip is actually a pretty decent solution. A lot of people won't even notice any difference between an onboard chip and a discrete card while engaged in their everyday activity on PC like playing games, watching movies or listening to music. What was terrible back in the day was some Sound Blaster clone that had the level of ground noise so high you could literally hear your mouse movement through the speakers. 

Edited by DarthKadra

Yo,

Not sure if my problem is related, but it sure sounds like it, ho ho ho.  😎

Anyhow, it was like short sounds (like click, mouseover, and steps) played over each other, accompanied with loud clicks as well as a kind of water/droplet effect to it.  It was annoying.

I'm posting because today's hotfix, 5/4/18 noonish CST, seems to have addressed the issue for me.  I hope others have similar results 😄