Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ESO - Please hold back on the endless runs, Tenno

shootaman777

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Update 22.19.0

Fixes: 

• Fixed Exodia Contagion's interaction with Covert Lethality, resulting in the +100 damage being applied to the projectile damage multiplier instead of the base projectile damage.
  • Fixed Exodia Epidemic ground slam wave counting towards finisher damage instead of the intended explosion damage.
  • Fixed Thrown weapons equipped with Power Throw scaling with the range from Wukong’s Iron Vault Augment.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/952702-beasts-of-the-sanctuary-update-22190/

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.18.7

Sanctuary Onslaught Fixes:

• Fixed Wukong’s Primal Fury adding increased Range to all Melee weapons instead of just his Iron Staff.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/950089-beasts-of-the-sanctuary-hotfix-22187/

I'm just asking.  Not demanding, not ranting and raging.  

I may as well start off with the traditional arguments against not doing endless runs, such as the fact that the ESO lacks endlessly scaling rewards (focus doesn't count, since it has a low max daily cap of 375k, and after a certain point obtaining more focus is 100% useless when everything is unlocked in all focus schools).  And that you have to kill higher level enemies for no extra reward to go longer than the standard 8 zones, loot rotation c.  And no, appearing on a weekly disappearing leaderboard is NOT a reward.  

An honourable mention here would be that going to zone 8 and resetting would decrease grind efficiency/time due to adding time in between runs for loading and such.  The counterargument to which would be that the decreased efficiency is relatively irrelevant due to it only being about a minute's delay.  The compromise would be to go to zone 16 and reset, to remove an unnecessary reset (and subsequent waste of about a minute) between every other loot rotation cycle.  

The reason I ask this, is what I mentioned at the beginning of the post.  I'm of the opinion that DE is using SO to 'balance' the Tenno, by creating thresholds in terms of zones that should be impossible to cross without running certain builds/squad comps that are 'outside' of DE's calculations, so that when the thresholds are crossed it easily pinpoints them for DE so they can swing the nerf hammer.  

So, even if you can go farther in SO, please don't.  I don't want all the good builds to be highlighted to DE for prompt nerfing.  If everyone goes to the same wave, it will paint a picture of balance (even if it is obtained by purposely holding back) to DE and prevent the Tenno from getting nerfed, at best.  At worst, it'll just force DE to perform a more in-depth analysis of the shorter runs and have to focus more resources into nerfing the Tenno, at which point it'll either be judged to be a waste of time for DE to try and nerf the Tenno as much as possible, or it'll just take longer for each nerf to happen, so we can enjoy the ridiculousness of certain builds while they exist for that little bit longer.  

This is just my opinion.  I could be wrong, and I don't doubt that I am wrong.  But, on the off-chance that I'm not wrong, I figured I'd mention this as food for thought to anyone passing by.  

It's a similar situation to the closely-guarded secrets for cheesing through the old raids and skipping certain objectives entirely.  The second they went public, they were nerfed.  But, kept secret, they yielded rewards.  

At the very least, consider it to be an investment.  Why show off your good builds now for no extra reward and have them nerfed, when you can wait for a future event/mission where those builds will produce extra rewards and spam it in that future event/mission to at least get extra rewards for losing your build to the nerf hammer?  

Edited by shootaman777

Its interesting why those were suddenly fixed. In all my runs I encountered only one Contagion user that mostly was killing himself instead of enemies. Glaive Wukongs were very rare as well. Only Link castanas suicide Trinities increased suddenly their numbers.

There is that small possibility that people aren't playing ESO for farm.... You know, just for fun, racking up high scores and stuff. Personally I just find taking on loads of enemies fun, and just passively grind stuff, like I'm not butthurt about not getting the drop. Heck, I still haven't gone past the zephyr prime and mirage prime content because I can't be arsed to do Relics. There is an option for people to leave at zone 8, which is nice. But hey, in the same way that I can't force people to keep going, there's no way to force people to stop.

When something's an exploit, broken or unintended, it's gonna get fixed sooner or later, now or the next event. Like the Exalted Blade with Covert Lethality on unaware enemies, that didn't need ESO to get patched, I don't even think Sorties were a thing back then, so it got patched with non endless regular star map content. Might as well lose it now and find another option that plays within the game's rules, which might change later again. But hey, that's how a game stays healthy, it's gotta change over time to keep things fresh.

Not to say the game's rules are balanced. I'm still baffled as to who thought of Limbo's rework and how they didn't pick up on the fact that it's broken on defending objectives, but hey, that's within the game's rules.

Who knows, they might be able to make ESO endless more appealing. I personally have a beef with how ESO reward is basically handed out like survival rewards, at more than 5 minutes per reward if it accounts for Simaris lagging with the portal. Maybe they can decrease that timer every zone, maybe 10 second each zone, 2:30, 2:20, 2:10 etc. That could give people incentives to stay, since 1-8 takes longer than 8-16. It would cap off at some point, maybe 1 minute minimum.

Don’t worry my Tenno friend, DE knows the meta and how OP things are, it time everything broken or they think are broken will get fixed, there’s no escaping it   

No ‘ok and balanced farming strategy’ ever survived, this coming from a 4 yro Tenno, iirc the oldest one is saryn’s spores. They just don’t pay attention to it since....well, more ‘important’ things take priority like the next big quest and open landscape 

DE excessive attention to these things is what’s keeping the current meta alive for now, simple as that. If they had the time they’ll do something about it 

3 hours ago, RobWasHere said:

Its interesting why those were suddenly fixed. In all my runs I encountered only one Contagion user that mostly was killing himself instead of enemies. Glaive Wukongs were very rare as well. Only Link castanas suicide Trinities increased suddenly their numbers.

The ironic part about that is the Castanas/Link Trinity nuke is not very effective in ESO, since it can only nuke a few enemies at a time. 

Though, I'm not referring to pub runs in the context of the Wukong nerf.  I'm referring to the leaderboard runs. 

4 hours ago, AlphaSierraMike said:

There is that small possibility that people aren't playing ESO for farm.... You know, just for fun, racking up high scores and stuff. Personally I just find taking on loads of enemies fun, and just passively grind stuff, like I'm not butthurt about not getting the drop. Heck, I still haven't gone past the zephyr prime and mirage prime content because I can't be arsed to do Relics. There is an option for people to leave at zone 8, which is nice. But hey, in the same way that I can't force people to keep going, there's no way to force people to stop.

When something's an exploit, broken or unintended, it's gonna get fixed sooner or later, now or the next event. Like the Exalted Blade with Covert Lethality on unaware enemies, that didn't need ESO to get patched, I don't even think Sorties were a thing back then, so it got patched with non endless regular star map content. Might as well lose it now and find another option that plays within the game's rules, which might change later again. But hey, that's how a game stays healthy, it's gotta change over time to keep things fresh.

Not to say the game's rules are balanced. I'm still baffled as to who thought of Limbo's rework and how they didn't pick up on the fact that it's broken on defending objectives, but hey, that's within the game's rules.

Who knows, they might be able to make ESO endless more appealing. I personally have a beef with how ESO reward is basically handed out like survival rewards, at more than 5 minutes per reward if it accounts for Simaris lagging with the portal. Maybe they can decrease that timer every zone, maybe 10 second each zone, 2:30, 2:20, 2:10 etc. That could give people incentives to stay, since 1-8 takes longer than 8-16. It would cap off at some point, maybe 1 minute minimum.

My larger concern is that Sanctuary Onslaught is going to be the impetus for the next Update 18.13 where a bunch of Tenno abilities get nuked.  Regardless of why someone's running what they're running, if that's going to be the result, I'd like to ask that people stop.  I understand that 'in the same way that I can't force people to keep going, there's no way to force people to stop'.  That's why this thread is asking with a please, rather than demanding. 

Sooner or later, yes.  Why not go with later? 

I'd disagree with you on Limbo.  I've noticed that ever since a hotfix a month or two ago, enemies always get off 1-2 shots upon entering the rift, even if Stasis is active before, during, and after the enemy enters the rift.  This has led to the death of a large number of excavators when I solo multiple excavators in Hieracon as Limbo, as a single Osprey can use projectile attacks to destroy the excavator as the Cataclysm shrinks, due to entering/exiting the rift. That delay has made him far less invincible than he used to be. 

The problem with the reducing timer would be building up momentum with efficiency in rooms with crap spawns, of which there are still many, within just 1 minute. 

Edited by shootaman777