Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DirectX issues.

Zzaarreell

I haven't had this issue on my old computer OR on my current until the most recent updates.

Running ANY game other than Warframe seem to reset my DirectX back down to only Directx9. No other folders exist in my Warframe/drivers directory. I essentially have to RESTART my entire computer for it to register Warframe's DirectX settings. If anyone knows a fix, please let me know ASAP. And before you say, I have used Dxdiag.exe and the DirectXsetup that comes with Warframe. Neither work. I have even tried Verifying and Optimizing my download and that does nothing as well.

What's your OS?

What's your graphics card?

If one or both only support up to DirectX 9, then you will not be able to run the game in DirectX 10 or DirectX 11 mode. You need both compatible hardware (graphics processor) and software (operating system) to use these features.

Also, if your Warframe game is installed to your %localappdata%\Temp\ directory, then the game is not installed properly and may be reverting/undoing settings between game launches or computer restarts.

Edited by Letter13

Still having a bit of trouble figuring out the exact issue you're describing... are you saying that each time you run any game other than Warframe, it's resetting or disabling the DirectX 10 and 11 options in the Warframe launcher?

As a precaution/test, I'd recommend uninstalling DirectX and reinstall it using Microsoft's DirectX end user runtime web installer.

14 minutes ago, Zzaarreell said:

I have Windows 7 with a GTX 960. I don't see why that should even be a problem. My old setup could run 11 just fine.

If you have changed the hardware you are using, but copied settings files they may be confusing it. 

Sometimes if something like GPU version, or DirectX version used is stored in a games settings file it will revert to that when you attempt to run it. You might have to clear out the settings files for some games if this is the case. 

I feel like I did not explain that too well. This site gives an explanation for a GTX 960 having issues with DX11 on GTA, and provides the fix.

Click this text. This is the end fix: You may have been able to accomplish the same end result just by deleting all D3D entries in Windows/System32, then reinstalling Dx. At least you got it working though. || Otherwise it was fresh install of the OS.

Edited by krc473
Forgot to stick the fix from the linked site on

6 minutes ago, Zzaarreell said:

How do I go about uninstalling DirectX?

I am not sure if there is an easy way (you're not technically meant to uninstall it). Here is a site with some suggestions: link.

Edited by krc473