Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update fail

chevanis

logo.png

Update failed!

Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. 

Please restart Warframe to try again.

The update will be restarted shortly..

------------
I get that since yesterday . i did every possible thing i could (rebooted pc/rooter/uninstalled/reinstalled the game i'm out of idea and out of patience now , would anyone kindly help me find a solution to this problem cause it is really starting to get on my nerves ... thank you in advance.

2 hours ago, chevanis said:
logo.png

Update failed!

Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. 

Please restart Warframe to try again.

The update will be restarted shortly..

------------
I get that since yesterday . i did every possible thing i could (rebooted pc/rooter/uninstalled/reinstalled the game i'm out of idea and out of patience now , would anyone kindly help me find a solution to this problem cause it is really starting to get on my nerves ... thank you in advance.

It's happening to others too. Frankly I'm out of patience too for the hundreds of bugs making the game unusable. And most of those I'm complaining about are fresh from these last updates, my vpatience for the game is really running short. To think I've also wasted money on plat... and now that I think of it I have 4 boosters active and I've already wasted a day of them. I'm getting more and more demotivated.

This post is to help DE (tagging @[DE]Glen) with the problem.

Scanning launcher.log I see repeated instances of the following lines

6.451 Sys [Warning]: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
6.451 Sys [Warning]: Date: Thu, 03 May 2018 08:56:15 GMT
6.451 Sys [Warning]: Connection: Keep-Alive
6.451 Sys [Warning]: Accept-Ranges: bytes
6.451 Sys [Warning]: Cache-Control: public, max-age=86400
6.451 Sys [Warning]: Content-Length: 581263
6.451 Sys [Warning]: Content-Type: application/octet-stream
6.451 Sys [Warning]: Last-Modified: Wed, 02 May 2018 18:22:52 GMT
6.451 Sys [Warning]: ETag: "8de8f-56b3d2cc96b24"
6.451 Sys [Warning]: X-HW: 1525337774.dop011.ml1.t,1525337775.cds002.ml1.c
6.451 Sys [Warning]:
6.451 Sys [Warning]: Bad data from cache host content.warframe.com for /Lotus/Levels/Outpost/CrpOutpostDefenseTwo/3_dir.png!5A3_fuqaPgzzNXAP2AJ+R3J9jg
6.899 Sys [Warning]: GET /Lotus/Levels/Outpost/CrpOutpostDefenseTwo/3_dir.png!5A3_fuqaPgzzNXAP2AJ+R3J9jg HTTP/1.1
6.899 Sys [Warning]: Host: content.warframe.com
6.899 Sys [Warning]: Connection: Keep-Alive
6.900 Sys [Warning]: Cache-Control: no-cache

1) I pinged content.warframe.com and saw one of the IP addresses (the one ending with 42),

2) tried flushing the dns cache but nothing was fixed.

3) I then did a dns lookup on content.warframe.com and found the other IP address (ending with 10).

4) I then forced the resolution of content.warframe.com to the second IP editing the hosts file, flushed dns cache, tested the correct resolution and tried launching warframe again

The problem wasn't fixed. It's strange though because I would have though that since many people are playing the problem isn't strictly from DE but comes from the CDN (for example desynchronized server caches) but the only two public IP address for the servers show the same problem.

Edited by den2k
Formatting went awry

2 hours ago, den2k said:

*snip*

Thanks for the doing the legwork, since I honestly cbfa to do it myself, again. These issues pop up nearly every patch for me but it's usually sorted out in a couple of hours. I'm guessing that forcing the connection to a different CDN (one located in the US or whatever) would work because people have had success with VPN. Worth a shot if you're in a hurry to update.

29 minutes ago, Bawtzki said:

Thanks for the doing the legwork, since I honestly cbfa to do it myself, again. These issues pop up nearly every patch for me but it's usually sorted out in a couple of hours. I'm guessing that forcing the connection to a different CDN (one located in the US or whatever) would work because people have had success with VPN. Worth a shot if you're in a hurry to update.

A couple of weeks ago I would have done it, now I'm just tired and demoralized by the lack of quality of the service. I had some unexpected time to spare and tried a couple of easy fixes but I don't want to install VPN on my home machine if not absolutely necessary, in my past experience they tend to complicate a lot the maintenance when something goes south.

Maybe this evening if it is not fixed yet (now I'm at work).

I also confirm this issue.

I am connect from Italy and my launcher log show the same row that DEN2K posted,

8.703 Sys [Warning]: /Lotus/Levels/Outpost/CrpOutpostDefenseTwo/3_dir.png

The issue seems to be related to this .png image, that maube is corrupted and it can't download.

I do not think that it's need use some vpn,  I dont have any problems of slow connection or connection or firewall. All this is verified.

7.549 Sys [Warning]: Bad data from cache host content.warframe.com for /Lotus/Levels/Outpost/CrpOutpostDefenseTwo/3_dir.png!5A3_fuqaPgzzNXAP2AJ+R3J9jg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...