Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.19.1

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Onslaught was okay for a few rotations, but it's really just survival. Different countdown timer, but still a survival mission.

It would be cool of onslaught was more of a tower defense style mode. Waves coming at you constantly, like survival, to see how long you can keep a defense point alive. No limited enemey per wave stuff like current defense mode and no breathers.

3 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Onslaught was okay for a few rotations, but it's really just survival. Different countdown timer, but still a survival mission.

Except survival you can use a bunch of different strategies, frames, weapons - instead of just spin2win and press 4 to nuke.

BUG

Entering the portal on Onslaught sometimes does not take you to the next level. 

Player can stay behind even if portal has just been opened. 

Trying to enter the portal still plays the fade out/fade in, but level does not change. 

Player eventually leaves the Sanctuary. 

Entering the portal again does not work. 

13 hours ago, tucker_d_dawg said:

Except survival you can use a bunch of different strategies, frames, weapons - instead of just spin2win and press 4 to nuke.

You have a point. So it's basically Survival, but less interesting. But hey, at least the rewards are bad!

On 2018-05-07 at 3:51 PM, tucker_d_dawg said:

True, but they both have a similar problem. I think players just want the challenge of fighting tougher enemies. DE throws in the extra objective of life support or efficiency and then they don't do a good job with that. So in Survival you usually need a way to make sure you keep getting life support and RNG plays a big role if you're not using Nekros or Ivara. With Sanctuary you need to cheese to keep efficiency up. 

I just wish it was about the challenge of surviving and killing tougher enemies. If they kept it more simple, they wouldn't have so many problems with balancing. The Index actually works a lot better because every enemy drops points. That mode has it's own problems, but I think it's a much better format for higher level content. Keep RNG out so it's just about the challenge.

12 hours ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

True, but they both have a similar problem. I think players just want the challenge of fighting tougher enemies. DE throws in the extra objective of life support or efficiency and then they don't do a good job with that. So in Survival you usually need a way to make sure you keep getting life support and RNG plays a big role if you're not using Nekros or Ivara. With Sanctuary you need to cheese to keep efficiency up. 

I just wish it was about the challenge of surviving and killing tougher enemies. If they kept it more simple, they wouldn't have so many problems with balancing. The Index actually works a lot better because every enemy drops points. That mode has it's own problems, but I think it's a much better format for higher level content. Keep RNG out so it's just about the challenge.

Yup.  While I rarely have an issue with life support in survivals... I frequently see complaints and I don't know what I do differently but survival life support is an afterthought  for me (solo or pubs - and I do 1-3 hour runs when solo).  Sanctuary (especially Elite) REQUIRES cheese.  and that to me is extremely disappointing.  I too wish it was about your own personal survival (no revives other than teammates picking you up.  You die you're out) and tougher enemies not some defficiency meter.

The index is also just rebranded survival - don't bank points you run out of time - but I hear you on the RNG (or removal thereof) on Index.

DE really had an opportunity to come up with something - anything and completely whiffed it IMHO.  And then even in the face of huge criticism, and many many great suggestions, rather than take it back to the drawing board, they just go silent on both the mechanics and efficiency drain - and I strongly suspect its so they can quickly push out this "content" to consoles rather than delay that and develop something good.

odd...all my comments that i have ever posted have been deleted... not sure why that happened... well anyway The Sword and Shield Danaus Skin is still bugged and the inaros blind and stab glitch is still a thing so.... just a reminder.

Edit: Seems they have returned... not sure what that was about but he not complaining.

I know this game can be grindy at times, i've had my fair share of "just not getting that one thing ever" but i feel khora is bit over the top on this aspect. I got the first 2 parts the day the mode was released, after that nada. 

Also the parts were removed from the elite version, forcing me to play the kiddie version over and over again. it takes aprox 20 minutes a run to do 8 waves, i've been playing these daily with no avail. The problem with this is that it is starting to make me hate this game mode, not because of the mode, but because of the repetition. Not enough challenge with poor rewards.

please add the parts somewhere else too to ease of the repetition. 

I have a job and all that so i can only play for so much during the day, with the drop rates currently it looks like i'm looking at about 45 hours of game time for getting a reasonable chance of the part dropping.. As the normal sanctuary is really boring, i can stomach like 1 or 2 runs max at one go, which means that i'm looking at somewhere between 4-6 months of time before i get one of the other parts i'm looking for. that is just nuts. nuts.

please change it so that elite mode still drops the parts, at least you would get radiant relics while grinding.

27 minutes ago, GiggityMaster said:

No fix for Archwing? This mode needs to be removed from the game. it only offers stress and emotional pain.

Be honest and say it for yourself, you don't like Archwing mode, fine. Don't touch it. But don't speak in the name of everyone because you are not right. I love the Archwing mode and I know a handful bunch of people that likes it too and we usually do missions together.

What Archwing mode needs is more polish, more different types of missions, more weapons and more Archwing types, I'd love one specialized for underwater missions for example.

hace 13 horas, Earth_Soldier dijo:

Be honest and say it for yourself, you don't like Archwing mode, fine. Don't touch it. But don't speak in the name of everyone because you are not right. I love the Archwing mode and I know a handful bunch of people that likes it too and we usually do missions together.

What Archwing mode needs is more polish, more different types of missions, more weapons and more Archwing types, I'd love one specialized for underwater missions for example.

That's a really nice idea, Archwing under water is really clunky, especially my elytron, nevertheless I love archwing missions.
In the plains the archwing is useless, the flight mode isn't good, archwing weapons don't do damage and a grineer can shot down you with a stone, so it needs a lot of fixes.
Finally, I agree, we need more different types of mission. Archwing have so much potential.

I know this is off topic, but. Can you lift the armistice? I came post armistice (Just this year too) and the oroking lab appears to be useless other than derelict keys. But, if you could also do me this favor, FINISH THIS TEASER QUEST SO I CAN SAVE THE GODDAMN LOTUS I NEED TO FINISH IT IM DYING OF ANTICIPATION! I blacked out, sorry about that. Anywho, maybe also bring in excal umbra, or tell me who the next prime is gonna be. but that thing i shouted earlier, maybe you could make excal umbra a reward for the quest with a comblimentary warframe slot. Do it not just for me but for : The veterans, the noobs, the kinda new guys. we are all dying for this and we need an awnser if its gonna be here. But that quest tho. VintageBones, over and out.

I think given the buggy-ness that still permeates Sanctuary Onslaught (don't even get me started on Khora's System drops), I was surprised they haven't released ANYthing--including fixes--in 2 weeks.  Having said that, I think I speak for most Gamers when I say that we'd rather wait for something AMAZING than get something w/ Game-Breaking Bugs on time.

As I said in my only other post here, PLEASE DE: Fix the s#!t you already have before spending resources on new things that will likely just add to the Bugs List.

Archived