The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Trinity Passive Concept

main_antagonist

How a joke inspired a concept,

I don't know of anybody I've ever played with that enjoys Trinity's passive or the nerfs, however my friend was joking about the nerfs today and I came up with an idea for an actual useful passive (sorry if you're a huge fan of her passive but I've never encountered a player praising it) 

So the idea is kinda silly but works when you think about it and it's as simple as this ... you take the idea and flip it on it's head and do the opposite.

Triage (concept)
Trinity can revive herself from a Well of life target.

Triage (currently)
Trinity can revive fallen allies 20% faster (reviving them in 4 seconds as opposed to 5 seconds) and from further away.
The current version gives you a whole 1 second? and from further away? What is the actual point it's so minuscule you don't notice it unless you were to video capture it and put a timer on it.

In my concept the statement is "Trinity can revive herself" So this doesn't work for other warframes, if the whole squad gets wiped from a massive amount of damage or a failed Blessing recast this gives Trinity a 2nd chance to keep the team alive by buffing herself and reviving her allies. It's pretty balanced compared to Soul punch where you just aim and press 1 to revive fallen allies, even nekros can revive himself by accidentally falling on a health orb and there's usually heaps of those laying around ... we don't talk about Inaros Passive since it doesn't scale ...

Cool you can revive your squad by getting up if you were smart enough to prepare a Well Of Life but what else is that really doing to do for her some people may ask?

S Y N E R G Y !

Renewal from Oberon will give Trinity extra time to revive herself the idea is that you need to lifesteal back the full Health of your warframe to get back up you can't just pop back up like a flower with 5hp.

Bleedout mods!

Undying Will means you don't have to have Renewal active to have better odds of reviving yourself, this also would consume a mod slot making her more balanced = less Trinity nerfs ...🤣

Provoked to make damage to the Well Of Life easier because Provoked amplifies all damage done while bleeding out, including the continuing damage of abilities cast before being downed which means you get Health faster because of larger health restoration ... at least in theory it does because I can't test that unless it becomes an implemented feature.

Discuss below thanks!

2nd idea; (better as an augment honestly)

With extra thought some people might like the idea of equivalent exchange meaning that if well of life is active and you were to go into bleedout the enemy would die instantly in your place with a cooldown period, similar to Phoenix Renewal however I think that would be better as an augment.

@[DE]Glen @[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Megan @[DE]Danielle @[DE]Steve @[DE]Sheldon

Edited by main_antagonist
2nd idea added

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, main_antagonist said:

I just got a youtube notification from a streamer that there's a Trinity rework on the way does anybody know where I can read up on it?

From what I can tell I’m hearing that it’s because of “nuke” trinity. With her link ability(75% damage reduction) + aviator(40% damage reduction while airborne) + plus mods that reduce damage from a specific element while using castanas of that element makes her “OP”. Basically just throw the castanas down and jump before setting them off with R3 or whatever button depending on device, and you’ll kill hordes of enemies. Electricity spread more so it is the best option since link can only target 3 at a time. 

So DE is probably going to either reduce the damage reduction from link or create an actual limit. Like a maximum damage reduction that can’t go any further no matter the warframe. With mirages eclipse plus other damage reduction mods, she would be invincible in dark areas. So if DE plan to remove the invincibility issue entirely then they would need to create a limit for all warframes. Equinox’s third ability can stack and be recast for more strength depending on if there’s 2 of them and how strong both already are. But it can’t go past 80%. That is what DE would have to do with damage reduction. 

But I have no idea where these people are getting their information from nor am I sure if what I believe is the reason for the upcoming change is correct but I’m pretty sure since DE always follows some new event or update with some kind of nerf of a warframe due to players(mostly noobs) complaining that the warframe is “killing too much”. And Nuke Trinity is the current topic. which is understandable but her minor invincibility comes with a risk of suicide. Plus she is still vulnerable to other damage. So it’s not like she is completely invincible. And the reason this build was created was because of ESO. 

It’s like DE created sanctuary onslaught as a means to hunt down “OP” builds and nerf them. I don’t really understand what DE’s goal is anymore. 

Edited by (PS4)chris1pat8twins

As it is blessing and Link have different ability durations so there is a window where you aren't getting the maximum damage reduction and if you forget to reapply blessing you can wipe yourself out, not to mention Link can't be recast while it's active there are so many factors that make it balanced.
If they nerf Link more I'd be fine with it only if they removed the 3 enemy target link cap, a smaller range but unlimited links, what I really want is warframes that don't have reliable abilities to be fixed.