Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Contest: Tenno Tunes Vol 3! [Winners Announced]

[DE]Helen

Well here is my submission, not as good or well not even close to being as good as the other submissions. I do apologize if my song is of poor quality, I'm still learning how to use my music software so It may be overly loud or really quiet .

I have only one sound included in my song the Ship Pager Ding. I had various Ordis lines included but removed them So my song could stay as original as possible.

Also to everyone that has submitted something thus far, I hope to make some music as epic as what I have heard someday, AWESOME WORK ;D

Edited by (XB1)BLOOD RAIN 2137
accidents happen I'm only human

21 hours ago, TacticalNukeMusic said:

Hey all! It feels like ages since I made another Warframe tune. Had fun making this song, playing around with Cephalon Simaris quotes and Cephalon Suda's quotes. Going to college for music theory has helped a lot, so I feel this song is much better than my older tunes. I was going for more than just "random quotes on dubstep" with this one.

Without further ado, a bunch of meaningless data...

Oh my, a song I genuinely loved listening to! I absolutely adored the in-between dialogue mashed with the music which contrasted Suda's calm, elegant ideas of music with Simaris's more chaotic, broken way of thinking, and the way that it was meant to sound incomplete until the end when they finally put their heads together really sold it for me!

Already a winner in my book! 

1 hour ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Oh my, a song I genuinely loved listening to! I absolutely adored the in-between dialogue mashed with the music which contrasted Suda's calm, elegant ideas of music with Simaris's more chaotic, broken way of thinking, and the way that it was meant to sound incomplete until the end when they finally put their heads together really sold it for me!

Already a winner in my book! 

That's EXACTLY what I was going for too!!

A Harrow themed composition for the Tenno Tunes competition

Turning the Volume up is Recommended ❤️

I don't know what name to really put this under. When I make a song, I put it under Pale Blue, My channel Name is GobsmackedGalaxy, And my Warframe name is PredatoryMudkip.

Let's see what they go with 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kainzaya said:

Here is my submission! 🙂

The sound quality on soundcloud is pretty bad though. 😞

Bahaha sorry bro but this song/song name makes me think about 2 Rhino having a step battle THAT NEVER GETS STARTED.   OR It is a single Rhino being a comedian and doing a step dance at an enemy lol  like Star Lord in guardians of the galaxy or something lol.    Either way I cant help but laugh at what it makes me see in my head.  

Here's my submission this year.
Everything but the vocals is 100% built from warframe audio (mostly Octavia) - No other samples or instruments, just recordings from the game.
Edited by JoeyZero
  • Like 1

Hello from Antibueno42 and AppropriateName69!

This is our submission for Tenno Tunes Vol 3, which is based it on the recent Apostasy Prologue! 

The beginning is a thematic review of the Second Dream and the War Within which is then  followed by a sonic representation of the Apostasy Prologue. The track becomes very aggressive; Representing the anger of our operator, the protagonist, at the apparent betrayal of one who we trusted so. This section utilizes many Warframe sound effects to portray the rampage our protagonist unleashes. The track ends on a optimistic note, one which hopefully mirrors the upcoming in-game resolution to this story.

We hope that you enjoy our submission as much as we enjoyed making it! 

P.S. For a high quality download click here 🙂

Edited by antibueno42
Fixed typo: "Track ENDS on a..."
  • Like 1

Since I ... am sorta good with experimentation music and... my sounds are developed and used for other things .. and such  that Warframe is not the number one event in my life... but the music I make is.. so since I wish Warframe was number one in my life or maybe had more time to play ... If I did have more time..I might play better 🙂 

so this is experimental music using only the given sounds and then just some stretching there of.  I am really happy with the fact that I did not have to invent more new sounds atop the several improves I just performed before... and had the sounds right there... 

for the images I used... my screenshots that were floating about in my pictures directory and then made a slideshow as things go... there were a few images I could of edited out but for about 1.5 hours to put this together ... I Like it anyway..  thanks again. for allowing us the use of the sounds...I actually downloaded them at exactly 12 midnight it is now 1:42 am for the post here...

the link to the blog post I made of this work...included are the pre-final creations and such that had been rendered first then edited ...

http://ice9.soonlabel.com/blog/warframe-game-tune-contest-3-entry-and-video/

Edited by xik4
added the link to the blog post I made about entry.

Hey y'all! I tied for first place last time, so I figured I'd join the fray again in a petty venture to aim for the top of the top, but more importantly to rekindle my Warframe-loving fire and insatiable lore-searching tendencies. Really awesome works from everyone so far- no small number of Apostasy-songs, either. My entry is focuses heavily on the Operator post-Apostasy as well- we all have different interpretations of the aftermath, too. Mine is longing and misguided, nervous, confused, and almost angry.

So, presenting "Too Far Away".

https://soundcloud.com/nostraightanswer/too-far-away-tenno-tunes-vol-3-entry

Lyrics in the spoiler, or in the SoundCloud description if you prefer!

Spoiler

[Verse 1]
I can't begin to imagine where you've gone
Somewhere within, a feeling something's wrong
I'm wearing thin as the mirror sings your song
Wondering if your voice will be gone long

[Pre-Chorus]
When the world's on fire
Cold desire will bring us down
If you're not around
The sadness dire
I'll rise higher than ever before

[Chorus]
Come on, say something, why did you go astray?
Come on, say something, will you return one day?
I'm calling, "say something," into the distant space
But you're just too far, just too far, just too far away

[Verse 2]
I can't stand still ruminating
Your apostasy
Some long lost will approximating
What was meant to be

[Pre-Chorus]
When the world's on fire
Cold desire will bring us down
If you're not around
The sadness dire
I'll rise higher than ever before

[Chorus]

[Bridge]
For as far as I can see
There's something in the way, it's distorting
Reality, mentalities 
As if there was nothing to say

We're in our prime, but out of time
And I don't want us to fade
But we're just too far, just too far, just too far away

[Chorus - Reprised]
Come on, say something, what's up with the delay?
Come on, say something, I'm tired of playing games

[Outro - Bridge Reprised]
For as far as I can see
There's something in the way, it's distorting
Reality, mentalities 
As if there was nothing to say

We're in our prime, but out of time
And I don't want us to fade
But we're just too far, just too far, just too far away

Regarding the usage of Warframe samples- "Codex" used a very musically-integrated method, chopping the Lotus's voice into bits and tones. In this case, I used two sounds that I honed in on to aid the atmosphere. One sample of a door opening on the Orbiter- which I follow with a recorded sigh to add atmosphere in a short break- and a sample of steam ventilating (also in the Orbiter) to punctuate the song's conclusion. It's very minimal usage, but ultimately the song isn't complete without them now.

Thanks DE for hosting this contest and continuing to make Warframe better and more interesting. ❤️

Edited by nostraightanswer
How does embedding even work? Apparently it auto-embeds? But that didn't work so I tried BBcode? And that's not working either?
  • Like 3

Hi everyone! I only recently began playing Warframe a few months ago, and was already thinking of making a Rell/Chains of Harrow themed song as soon as I played through the mission, so this competition has been a wonderful excuse to actually create it.
So, I hope you'll all enjoy this dark display of Rell's pent up power and rage I've created!

Best of luck to everyone participating!

• Like 1

This is my submission for the Tenno Tunes Contest! If you asked my what my favorite quest in the whole game was, I would say The Jordas Precept. Now I get to share that love. I hope y'all enjoy!

John Rei- Precept Jordas 

Entry Song For Tenno Tunes Vol. 3 Competition By Me For The Competition Hosted By Digital Extremes.

This Song Was Created By Me To Have A Electronic EDM Feel And To Transition From The Authentic Feel Of A Warframe Track Straight Into An EDM Style In A Aggressive Tone.

Something To Note: I Am Deaf And Have Had Progressive Hearing Loss Throughout My Life. I Have Had To Get Two Surgeries On My Head Where They Slashed Behind My Ears, Drilled 1/8th Of A Hole Into Both Sides Of My Head, And Inserted Cochlear Implants. This Was Done During A Vital Part Of My Life - High School. I Have Had No Prior Musical Knowledge As It Was Considered "Unfair" To Me Because Of My Hearing Loss. If You Want More Information, Feel Free To Contact Me.

Youtube:

Soundcloud:

Edited by TheRealDRAGVAR
Reuploaded Song because I discovered a mixing issue, bass emphasis was not auditorily clear enough, the pads in the rise had crackle issues, the intro and outro wagner drums were bass boosted to give it that oomph, and choir was changed in intro.

I've done it! just in time (i got ill and had to finish this in bed..).
I present you "Infestation", a song where i tried to capture what i felt while playing the quests 'The Jordas Precept', 'Patient Zero' and 'Once Awake' for the first time, as these where some of my favorites. The game takes a turn that i was not expecting at all as a newcomer.

My goal here was to tell a short story, the Tenno heading to a Corpus ship for a regular mission, only to find it completely overrun by the infested. You're afraid, but soon realize that they should be afraid of you. Please enjoy!.

HUGE thanks to my good friend "GatoPaint" for the guitar skills you will hear. I do not know how to play the guitar/bass, and i didn't want to use fake sounding digital ones, so i wrote down my melodies on basic MIDIs and went to his place to record them. He nailed almost every take first try, and since we are both sound engineers we had a really cool back-and-forth of ideas on how to make the song even cooler (on a geeky technical level), so even if i get 10th place i am forcing him to play Warframe just to give him a cut of the plat for helping me out. You can find his work in the following links: SoundCloud & YouTube.

There's 8 pages worth of music in this post as I'm writing this and there's some gold here. I am so incredibly nervous, but all i can do is wish the best of luck to everyone participating! this was a great experience and a good reason to get back into producing, something i have not done in quite a bit <3.

I leave some technical stuff if you're interested on the content of the song / how it was made.

Spoiler

Estimated work time: 14hrs, 5/12/2018 - 5/27/2018.
Tempo: 130BPM
Key: D
DAWs used: FL Studio 12 for production and Studio One 4 for recording.
Samples used: Saryn abilities, Nidus abilities, Corpus ship ambience + alarms, Orbiter ambience, Infested Salvage voices (Rotation C), Infested voices (enemies), Ordis voices, Lotus voices, Jordas voices, Tenora (weapon).

Sounds used - Rell, Rell's Donda, Nekros' Shadows of the Dead, Lotus, Ordis.

A fairly somber piece especially when compared to the other entries. It wasn't what I set out to make, but it's what wanted to be made. First time I've ever attempted to make music - an interesting and rewarding experience.

Good luck to everyone

• Like 1