Jump to content
[DE]Danielle

XB1 Beasts of the Sanctuary: Update 22.18.8 (LIVE!)

Recommended Posts

On 2018-05-05 at 1:53 PM, (XB1)Vile Slanders said:

I remember there being all this hype for our S&M Crazy Cat Lady, and then she received the most disappointing pre-release revisionings to hit Warframe since the War Within went public. So... When does Strangledome not become the most impractical CC ability in the game? Excluding Titania's Lantern from the comparison of course, cause that ain't CC, that's just fail.

Can we get an Atlas style revisit for Khora? Cause the last rework didn't fix her most fundamental issues. Also, #feelsbad for new players who want to min/max Khora. Not only will Khora/Mecha-Kitty suck up their valuable Formas, but after crunching the numbers on endo investments...

...Running this kitty is gonna be bloody expensive, coming in at over 100,000 Endo (plus a Bite mod; OUCH). That's a 100,000 Endo investment to get the cattiest dominatrix possible. I mean, we vets can afford that kind of resource expenditure, but this frame REALLY feels gated to our community's newer players.

This is not a cheap frame to min/max; and given what you get for that kind of investment...

...Well, needless to say, until Strangledome's hindering ragdoll gets scrapped, your investment amounts to a disappointing market flop.

It would only take 100,000 endo if you are leveling every mod up the second you get her. Anyone that is going to be able to farm and obtain khora is going to have most of those mods maxed already most people won't have to spend any endo what are you smoking? Also her cc is used to create choke points but seeing as how u just watch videos instead of trying her out for yourself I see why u can't understand how to play her

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-05-05 at 1:53 PM, (XB1)Vile Slanders said:

I remember there being all this hype for our S&M Crazy Cat Lady, and then she received the most disappointing pre-release revisionings to hit Warframe since the War Within went public. So... When does Strangledome not become the most impractical CC ability in the game? Excluding Titania's Lantern from the comparison of course, cause that ain't CC, that's just fail.

Can we get an Atlas style revisit for Khora? Cause the last rework didn't fix her most fundamental issues. Also, #feelsbad for new players who want to min/max Khora. Not only will Khora/Mecha-Kitty suck up their valuable Formas, but after crunching the numbers on endo investments...

...Running this kitty is gonna be bloody expensive, coming in at over 100,000 Endo (plus a Bite mod; OUCH). That's a 100,000 Endo investment to get the cattiest dominatrix possible. I mean, we vets can afford that kind of resource expenditure, but this frame REALLY feels gated to our community's newer players.

This is not a cheap frame to min/max; and given what you get for that kind of investment...

...Well, needless to say, until Strangledome's hindering ragdoll gets scrapped, your investment amounts to a disappointing market flop.

It would only take 100,000 endo if you are leveling every mod up the second you get her. Anyone that is going to be able to farm and obtain khora is going to have most of those mods maxed already most people won't have to spend any endo what are you talking about? Also her cc is used to create choke points but seeing as how u just watch videos instead of trying her out for yourself I see why u can't understand how to play her. 

Edited by (XB1)MDawg5915
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, (XB1)XxhaydenXx357 said:

 

Anyone knows when update's coming? Someone said today, but it's not here yet.

 

 

Someone who, simply if no word comes from the DE staff take anything you hear with a grain of salt

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

During one of the dev streams u guys mentioned the possibility of doing one more warframe revisit any word on that. Titania, Wukong, and Valkyr need to be looked at. My suggestion for Valkyr is take away her sheilds give her more health to take advantage of her armor, plus it’s really annoying, her being a melee frame, that her shields are always trying to recharge. Rip line is good enough, but the augment is pretty useless, it should pull enemy’s to u to perform a finisher, or let u shoot it out to entangle them Spider-Man style. War cry is also ok but make it recastable with a little more duration so I can take advantage of the slow down effect. Paralysis is ok but take away shield requirement instead, Valkyr releases a burst of energy stunning nearby enemies and healing herself for a few seconds. And last and most importantly hysteria please take away damage immunity give her damage reduction lower energy cost that way u can take adavage of her great armor one of her defining features, maybe change her augment to include a rage feature where as u take damage u increase ur damage but lose damage reduction to a minimum cap risk vs. reward. Anyways keep up the great work DE. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i might just see how long i can go without breathing underwater and stay down for 30 more seconds 

my current record is 2 minutes 29 seconds

 

Edited by (XB1)EmpreyonQueen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (XB1)EmpreyonQueen said:

i might just see how long i can go without breathing underwater and stay down for 30 more seconds 

my current record is 2 minutes 29 seconds

 

What are you even talking about now??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (XB1)GR DarkNinja CL said:

what time is the update going live????

 

We don't know yet. They might be shooting for tomorrow or Thursday though it's possible that the same incident that happened on PC is happening again.

Edited by (XB1)BigLithuanian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (XB1)BigLithuanian said:

We don't know yet

im still not to happy about the extended delay but im dealing with it ill have a twin krohkur ready to turn my khora into a sortie hunter with its riven

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (XB1)EmpreyonQueen said:

im still not to happy about the extended delay but im dealing with it ill have a twin krohkur ready to turn my khora into a sortie hunter with its riven

 

No one is. Maybe DE will be really nice and give us a consolation reward of Tennogen round 12 earlier than planned for the excessive wait(I don't think they'll do this but it'd be nice). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (XB1)BigLithuanian said:

No one is. Maybe DE will be really nice and give us a consolation reward of Tennogen round 12 earlier than planned for the excessive wait(I don't think they'll do this but it'd be nice). 

i hope so but im so new to dual swords and my dex dakra do more damage than my galatine prime and zenistar combined so im hopeful that the twin krohkur are even better

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (XB1)reaper747 said:

During one of the dev streams u guys mentioned the possibility of doing one more warframe revisit any word on that. Titania, Wukong, and Valkyr need to be looked at. My suggestion for Valkyr is take away her sheilds give her more health to take advantage of her armor, plus it’s really annoying, her being a melee frame, that her shields are always trying to recharge. Rip line is good enough, but the augment is pretty useless, it should pull enemy’s to u to perform a finisher, or let u shoot it out to entangle them Spider-Man style. War cry is also ok but make it recastable with a little more duration so I can take advantage of the slow down effect. Paralysis is ok but take away shield requirement instead, Valkyr releases a burst of energy stunning nearby enemies and healing herself for a few seconds. And last and most importantly hysteria please take away damage immunity give her damage reduction lower energy cost that way u can take adavage of her great armor one of her defining features, maybe change her augment to include a rage feature where as u take damage u increase ur damage but lose damage reduction to a minimum cap risk vs. reward. Anyways keep up the great work DE. 

Did you just say warcry is 'ok'? It's amazing, or have you not seen its augment. What you want for hysteria is basically an eternal war build. As for paralysis, it's find as is. And about hysteria, you aren't immortal, it does keep track of damage you take and punish you I feel you're close to enemies when it drops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, (XB1)Maaid said:

Some update would be nice on what's happening....

i agree instead of a guessing game give us an update on the delay

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, (XB1)ietherius said:

Did you just say warcry is 'ok'? It's amazing, or have you not seen its augment. What you want for hysteria is basically an eternal war build. As for paralysis, it's find as is. And about hysteria, you aren't immortal, it does keep track of damage you take and punish you I feel you're close to enemies when it drops

ikr?  my brother and i as well as many others have stated that removing the invincibility from hysteria would only make it a knock off eternal war build.   if it could be done without making the ability completely useless, than DE would have done so by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (XB1)MDawg5915 said:

It would only take 100,000 endo if you are leveling every mod up the second you get her. Anyone that is going to be able to farm and obtain khora is going to have most of those mods maxed already most people won't have to spend any endo what are you talking about? Also her cc is used to create choke points but seeing as how u just watch videos instead of trying her out for yourself I see why u can't understand how to play her. 

Oh look, another fanboi who doesn't understand that ragdoll lowers KPM. Also chokepoint control in a run'n'gun hack'n'slash? Guess that makes Atlas's Tectonics more useful than a Trump meme. Which explains why Tectonic Atlas is considered top of the meta... Oh wait...

Honestly, where in the game do you need or even want chokepoint control? Survival Endless? Nope, we want enemies to get to us faster, so we can kill em faster, so we can pick up life support faster. Kuva Endless? That dome doesn't stop Napalm rockets, and the former applies doubly so.

Mobile Defense? Defense? Interception? Excavation? See Stomp Rhino, Slova, Gara, Frost, Limbo. Everyone of them has better holdout CC than Strangledome.

Exterminate? Nope, no need for chokepoint control in Hack and Slash at its most fundamental.

Which leaves us with Spy. Oh yeah, Strangledome has so much utility in spy. Really gets you through those pesky laser barriers... You know what? I can't be bothered to escalate the sarcasm. Let me just break it down for you:

Warframes come in six varieties: Support, Defense, CC, Stealth, Tank, and Killer. Some Warframes can fulfill multiple suits, like Equinox and Loki. Some are only good at a particular suit, like Ember. And some try too hard to be decent at all suits, but fail meta consideration miserably because hyper diversity comes at the cost role specialization. And in a four man squad? It's not only advisable, but highly practical to implement role specialization.

Everything Khora does, another frame does better. Look at Atlas for crying out loud. Better CC, better tanking, better damage: Better frame. Khora doesn't have a leg to stand on. Players hate Strangledome for the same reasons they hate Tornadoes and Tentacle Swarm. Mass ragdoll sucks.

Also, on the Endo note? I expressed condolences to our newer players, who don't have the resources required to improve Khora's 3rd by any meaningful margin. And don't act like new players aren't going to get her; we all know how vets carry their buddies through the new content en masse. Not to mention, Sentinel purists, who refuse to invest any resources into pets because Vacuum isn't universal. Just to improve Khora's 3rd, you have to dump resources into an asset that most player ignore. That doesn't seem like a very player-friendly design; doesn't seem particularly fair to implement a Warframe that is, by default, more resource intensive than any other Warframe. Especially when that Warframe fails to make an impact on the meta in any meaningful way.

Edited by (XB1)Vile Slanders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...