The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poor, Poor Limbo

(XBOX)oOJeshuanOo

Question

15 answers to this question

Here we go again...

Person A : <insert post about how great Limbo is>
Person B : <insert post explaining how annoying and playstyle changing Limbo is>
Person C : <insert post about Limbo only being playable by people who know how Limbo works>
Person D : <insert post about Limbo being great for Spies>
Person E : <insert post with Warframe Bingo image>

Because he can can be abused to the detriment of other players very easily, and he needs to be locked away behind a higher MR or something so that people will have to have some more idea of how to play the game before they can (ab)use him.

One of my goals is to make and play a Limbo that people don't hate.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)oOJeshuanOo said:

Every time I want to use Limbo in a mission, my squad says that I'm a terrible person. Why do so many people hate Limbo?

Limbo has the potential to be the ultimate trollframe, that is why everyone hates him. I am not against a good Limbo who's not a jerk but those are far and few between.

People hate him for many reasons, from aesthetics to his kit to the Operator piloting this dapper rogue. Often they are stuck on what damage to the squad he could do, rather than what the player did do.

It doesn't help that his kit makes trolling easy and enables that type of playstyle by design. I'm not saying other frames can't do the same, but at least require the bad apples give an unattractive amount of effort to achieve it.

Limbo has had such a bad rep already in a community, that whether if he is indeed that bad or not in his current state has become somewhat irrelevant at this point. It's the same thing as Hok instinctively scolding Pedlek all the time (although Pedlek deserve it in some degree). That's why.

You see Limbo, you frown instinctively. You see Limbo casting cataclysm, you try to find something that annoys you about that cataclysm instinctively. It's past bad experience leading to confirmation bias.

Is Limbo not annoying? No, he can be annoying sometimes even in right hands. Is he AS annoying as some people freak out to be? No.

Edited by Gharsan

Limbo was one of the least used warframes along with Atlas before his rework. His moveset is somewhat narrow in application as its all focuses on throwing things in the rift or modifying what is happening to those in the rift, and the scaling damage that was one of the cores of his rework was removed to the point it was less damage on average than originally. That said, being able to confer invulnerability for the most part along with energy regen for allies is a strong effect but most players aren't that used to dealing with his negatives; as killing foes becomes less easy for many when they are in the rift and the enemies aren't or vice-versa. Cataclysm or Banish can send multiples into the Rift, but with Stasis up, ranged fire will be delayed until the Stasis is overwhelmed - melee and abilities don't have a problem with this - while if the enemy is stasis'd in the rift outside of the team's reach, then abilities still work but even melee won't without access to the inside of the Rift. Follow in the wake of a Limbo as most players can't resist rolling, and the Limbo will often leave Rift openings in his wake which allow you to melee those rifted foes yet again.

1 hour ago, (XB1)oOJeshuanOo said:

Every time I want to use Limbo in a mission, my squad says that I'm a terrible person. Why do so many people hate Limbo?

Do they say you're a terrible person, or do they say you're a bad Limbo player? Two very different things.

Limbo is a frame you build a squad around rather than joining randomly. It's just how he is.

He has some very powerful synergy but even the best Limbo player can annoy their team if the team is not built for him.

I don't think he's the only frame like that though.

15 hours ago, (XB1)oOJeshuanOo said:

Well I did use banish on them a few times, but only because I realized they were about to die.

Maybe they have so little knowledge about the warframe, they don't realize they can roll to take the banishment off?