Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People fishing, farming, and mining during bounties

(PSN)xmouse

is there something that can be done about people fishing farming and mining during bounties

them being their spawns more enemies and makes the bounty harder but since there not just standing there

afk they still get the rewards. can you disable fishing and mining during an active bounty

or put a leash on players that teleports them to the objective after a minute if there to far away

there has to be some thing that can be done. or do i have to stop doing them public i can solo them it's just

some people can't so they're forced to deal with this problem. so if nothing can be done i guess those of us

who can solo bounties will just have to stop helping others sad.

Edited by (PS4)xmouse

I'd rather not have them disabled outright. While I don't go out of my way to fish or mine, if I come across a blue vein during my travels and I have the time I definitely wack out my laser and mine it quickly. Fishing is a different story - no need for that and not something that can be done on the fly.

Edited by Valiant

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

You have the power to leave squad when you see a leech.  If you are not doing that then you are an enabler and part of the problem.

Though still doesn't solve the problem as it still lacks the penalty to discourage them from future leeching.

26 минут назад, (PS4)xmouse сказал:

who can solo bounties will just have to stop helping others sad.

... i had a game session on PoE and host was doing something at the border of the map. So as a Mesa i have no problems with bounties, however, i play in coop to make it faster for other folks. But after such blatant leeching, i switched to "friends only".

Just an fyi, sometimes it's just players who are not familiar with the bounties. I started PoE bounties at MR 15 and had a hard time getting the rhythm of it. Even now, I sometime get stuck (or loss in a cave... but that's another story). Even on those times all goes well for me, some other player is late to leave the last site due to lots of remaining baddies. So it's not always true leeching, just lack of experience. So if DE indeed install a system to penalyze those players, only the players with hours of experience on the plains will be left to do those quests. The new players or less experienced ones will just quit. Still, I get it about the frustration about players who actually don't even bother to try and help and go on their own to do other activities. I wish there were a system to put those players on a personnal ignore list that would make sure you're never paired with them again.

When you play random you get both good and bad. In addition, not every player has the same priorities; if you would like to correct this situation, play with set allies. Alternatively, you can try communicating with the random players and see if they will help you if you help their objective. Considering the thread, that isn't the most likely; but its better than nothing.

11 minutes ago, tprx said:

Even now, I sometime get stuck (or loss in a cave... but that's another story). Even on those times all goes well for me, some other player is late to leave the last site due to lots of remaining baddies.

its easy to tell when someone is across the map in one spot  near the water that there fishing

and when i see someone not near a cave or even close to an objective but running on my wisp farming rout

that there wisp farming. well if your afraid to mistakenly punish someone make wisps only spawn in free rome

and fishing and mining disabled during an active bounties. or what if your too far away from the objective teleport

them to another player that would even help people who get stuck in caves

45 minutes ago, Urlan said:

not every player has the same priorities;

when you do a mission or bounty your goal " priority" is to complete said mission or bounty. if i'm wrong about that then

tell me now cause i been playing warframe wrong. if it is not  there priority then why are there, they should be in free roam

1 hour ago, (PS4)xmouse said:

when you do a mission or bounty your goal " priority" is to complete said mission or bounty. if i'm wrong about that then

tell me now cause i been playing warframe wrong. if it is not  there priority then why are there, they should be in free roam

Its cool if you are playing Warframe wrong, its cool whatever works for you works in that respect. If you are going into a bounty on the plains random, and not considering that the other players might be focusing on mining, fishing, or just dancing while Dargyn's annoy everyone, that shows failure to anticipate the other players. Plains is designed to allow players to do their things separate from each other; versus the more linear and set nature of standard missions. Players would absolutely be better served doing their own runs if they don't like the company they keep.

134014994383.jpg

Leechers are a long-known "problem" in warframe. Ultimately, it's hardly more than an annoyance and is rather hard to track automatically reliably, especially so in PoE. If you feel strongly about this, report leechers(though leeching is not a ToC breach so this wouldn't get them banned or anything) and consider friends-only, invite-only or solo play.

On 2018-05-09 at 8:08 AM, xXHobbitXx said:

stop worrying about how others play and concentrate on your own, plains is open world , you have option to leave, people can and will do what they want to there

Not when you entered matchmaking for the bounty. This is a legitimate concern for a while now and is ok to be brought up on the forums again.

On 2018-05-08 at 4:56 PM, Valiant said:

I'd rather not have them disabled outright. While I don't go out of my way to fish or mine, if I come across a blue vein during my travels and I have the time I definitely wack out my laser and mine it quickly. Fishing is a different story - no need for that and not something that can be done on the fly.

Exactly this.. Sometimes I will use bounties to quickly spot out wisps and stuff along the path. I wont go out of the way, but if I see somethin I need, Im gonna take 20 seconds and get it... Same goes for people who loot caches and scan in missions. Something you get over, or find friends to do these things with specifically. 

On 2018-05-09 at 7:56 AM, Valiant said:

^ same. I dont miss out on a blue vein.  3-5 seconds wont kill you