Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #111!

[DE]Rebecca

Hi DEV i have two question about of item and maybe new style mission i wonder you will make. 

1.dual nikana i wonder you will make.

2.you have got idea make ship mission i know have already the archwing but maybe our can move with our ship is can nice is just idea.

1. Will there be a way at some point to get back a lens already installed instead of destroying the previous one if we want to switch ? And if yes, will there be a way to change the school of it somehow ?
  2. Could you remove the limit of dragon keys equipped at once (thread related) ? If not, i'd like the details behind this, be it lore or limiting the solo.
  3. What do you think of modifiers you could activate for your missions like "hexes" that would give you more rewards at a higher risk ? A way to increase the challenge overall. Somehow related to Q2 with the increased challenge of having all dragon keys equipped at once.
  4. Would you be willing to let the player choose what they're aiming for if they want to ? Like choosing either between predetermined loot tables or some items directly. There's many directions to go from there, like depending on your MR you could influate with sliders to the percent of items in the loot table of rotation(s), to a high degree for very common items and a lesser degree for rare / very rare items. It's a suggestion i put in the thread previously linked in Q2.

My devstream 111 questions

1. When will we see volt get cloth physics

2. Will other weapons receive retextures like the one's gram and karak are receiving

3. Steve's pizza hat when

4. What's the progress on nezha deluxe and will we see a weapon skin come with him

5. Has the team ever thought of adding a grineer bow with a mini jovlok as an arrow

6.Will khora ever receive a story quest at some point or at least more lore on her

Now that Khora is here and I've dusted off my kitty😐, what is the progress with pets 2.0?  The AI is terrible, and I'm always heartbroken when I'm hiding in a corner screaming for Venari to come and heal me and she just stares . . . dead eyed . . . and watches me perish.  How about that bizarre and counter-intuitive health degradation?  Why is my pet at full health only every eighth day?

In regards to Venari, when is Defence mode going to get a buff?  Right now its just something I have to skip over as I'm going from attack to heal.

Picture very related.

jSpd1oA.png

I would like to see new environments for standard missions, these are getting really old. Maybe more contrast? more colours and secret places? Also can we get some new enemies for standard missions? Not the same old ,,,?

• Any news on ghoul weapons ? 
  • Any news on hydroid prime trailer ?
  • Can we get some sort of dislike (thumbs down, sad face, etc) button here ?
  • How far in development is sacrifice ? is it like 5% done or 50% ?
  • Will there ever be syndcate fashion for operators ?

Any word on Modular gun system that will come out with Venus plains? Like:

1. Category: Ex. Pistol, Shotgun, etc
  2. Attachments: scopes, suppressors
  3. Fire rate and Damage types
  4. Camo skin option(s)? Ex. Grineer, Corpus and/or Tenno

Bonus: what if there was an infested version of the Corinth and a infested sniper?

22 hours ago, Synpai said:
  1. Can the Gunsen stance be altered to be “Dual Glaives”/ Chakrams?
    • As much as I love the Gunsen, their unique appearance is dulled by having the functionality of dual swords with fanning. Is it possible to rework the stance into “Chakrams” so that they function more like “Dual Glaives” as opposed to dual swords? The original stance need not go to waste, it could be used for dual daggers or swords.
  2. Will infested weaponry ever get variants? Will we ever get an Infested Archwing?: 
    •     Corpus, Grineer, and Tenno weapons have all been graced with upgrades, why not infestation?
  3. Is it possible to change the Login 850 reward to a choice between rivens?
  4. Will we see the return to Artax rivens (the “rarity” is out of hand)?
  5. Can Syndicate Sigils give experience based on Syndicate rank instead of being sigil dependant?: 
    •     This has been a minor issue for a while, but a rehash of a problem involving cosmetics being limited by functionality. Currently each individual syndicate sigil has a separate experience value, is it possible to have the experience based on the syndicate rank (since it’s technically doing that anyway) rather than which sigil is being used?
  6. Can we free the condrocs from their cages (Will we see a bird companion anytime soon)!?: 
    •     I want all the bird, without the look of smuggling.
  7. Is it possible to bring the return of the Granmu Prism fire rate reset via Void Blast?: 
    •     It was an exploit that brought an interesting level of timing and activity to Eidolon Hunts similar to what you’d see in fighting games (or DMC combos). Something that used energy from both operator pools and had slight levels of proficiency.
  8. Can we see vomvalysts spawn WITH the Teralyst instead of adding RNG (vomvalyst spawn rate and position) to time spent hunting? (Would also be nice to see vomvalysts that spawn far away make their way to the mommalyst when players damage it): 
    •     I find this to be one of the things that make Eidolon Hunts truly tedious. There’s no skill involved; it seems like an unnecessary slow down. Three vomvalysts should just spawn with the Teralyst. It would also be nice to have the vomvalysts react (from a larger distance) to Eidolons in the area. Many times I’m baffled at the number of vomvalysts off playing with grineer and lures while their mommalyst is screaming.
  9. Do you think we’ll see a ship Air Support to call in Arch-Rifles or Melees in/outside of the Plains?
    •     Sometimes a Tenno just wants to have an oversized scythe and chop enemies to pieces (Even if temporarily).
  10. Will we see return of “Hold 5?” 
    • I would like to see this replace channeling as a form of “Hyper Transference” to give our warframes cool abilities based on our focus school.

❤️ to the team as always :3

I can't believe how many of these i thought of and didn't think anybody else would. Love the dual glaives or chakrams and the idea of summoning your arch weapons as like a temporary super weapon is a really cool one

Hello tenno! I just have some things that I've been noticing lately that really could use a fix, or a simple change over the last couple of days. 

1. Banshee Soprana Clipping. This has been since the skin's release... We've been begging for this to be fixed. When?

2. Simple change to Zenith, please don't allow punchthrough mods to affect the radar disk. It just falls through the floor when shred is placed on the rifle.

3. Single shot rifles. In warframe, these weapons are only mildly useful in POE if even that due to the fact that sniper rifles exist. It's sad, due to how much I love single shot rifles in other games. The critical stats required for a single shot rifle are not there. In particular I'd like to see the Latron Prime buffed. That weapon holds a very special place in my heart, but unfortunately it's too weak at the moment to use in most lategame content.

4. Sonicor. It has status chance, but it shows as 0% still even to this day. Can this please be fixed?

5. Sword & Shield/Whip zaws possibly?

6. Maiming Strike nerf when?

7. Dual Toxocyst: Please increase the buff to at least 4 seconds. I appreciate the change to allow it to be refreshable but I'd love it if it were just a little bit longer.

8. Will we be getting any new color pallettes in the future?

8 minutes ago, Osomara said:

I can't believe how many of these i thought of and didn't think anybody else would. Love the dual glaives or chakrams and the idea of summoning your arch weapons as like a temporary super weapon is a really cool one

(I REALLY want to use the Gunsen, but they need to feel more unique than dual swords). I want to be a blender >:L

Previously on a DevStream before Khora's release, it was mentioned that Zephyr's Air Burst may get a Flight Speed buff. With Warframe balance passes back on the table, what other changes to Zephyr are being considered at the moment? Personally I would love to see the hit box/shape of Air Burst adjusted so it accidentally hits walls and cover objects less frequently, maybe made sphere shaped instead of wave shaped. Thanks for taking the time to review Warframe performance again, as its honestly the thing that gets me the most excited for updates since its changing the vehicles through which I experience all the other content in the game.

Archwing and Archweapon Slot Limitations

I still refuse to let this slide, it was strictly insulting.

Telling us about the limitation on Archwing gear and slots to be bought for platinum 11 hotfixes into Specters of the Rail was NOT a solution to disingenuously sneaking it in without adequate, fair forewarning in the first place.

Relevant thread popularity banner and all, and second thread after the first was unjustly closed before the problem has been addressed.

PC players from the time of that limitation's introduction deserved a fair and equally forewarned opportunity to get their grandfathered weapon and 'wing slots as console players. When will some sort of compensation be provided for this? Or at the very least a display of humility for the way it was handled?

Unanswered Questions:

Will you take another look at Ember, or at least reconsider the scale-down reduction of World on Fire's range statistic?

The range of the ability was average at best. There are plenty of abilities and weapons that can cover even greater radii with similar cost investments (epecially considering the intended increase to cost as well).

Mathematically speaking, you would need to provide an additional 800% multiplier (1600% after accounting for the cost increase) to damge for that to balance out the net 87.5% reduction in effective coverage. But we don't even want that, because it still leaves Firequake almost useless in the pathetic 7.5m radius you leave us with after the ramp-down.

You also cannot claim that its channeled nature is a special case - you stopped Blind Mirage for the same reasons as you altered Resonant Quake, and the fact Simulor users needed to click mindlessly over and over again didn't stop their gameplay effect from being undesirable either. Therefore, channeling is separate from the consideration of effective coverage.

Additionally, thanks to double-dipped power strength in using Accelerant, mitigating the downscaled range with Overextended makes Ember scale even worse than before, making the full complement a total failure to achieve the desired effect - without Accelerant necessary, Ember clears just as well, once it becomes necessary to include, the result is higher cost and still lesser effectiveness.

Polarisation and Forma

Q: Separate to the issue of relevelling after Forma use, will there be any change to Forma and Polarisation to avoid 'wasted' forma in future?

A lot of posters seem to bemoan the lack of Forma drops, while some like myself rarely end up using it at all because of the downsides of removing build flexibility. Is there any chance of a Polarisation quality of life change so we don't have to suffer our obsolete polarity builds when balance changes and new mods happen? Body Count and Blood Rush gave melees more reason to want Madurai slots, while the upcoming removal of 'mandatory' base damage and multishot mods might ruin heavily Madurai polarised guns. Times change, and while we have to relevel our gear for every Forma we use, even if less in the proposed new Mastery Rank relevance change, making our efforts, our time and our resources wasted is not a satisfying element of the game.

Here's my original thread on the subject and a solution, with more discussion from another player's similar suggestion here.

Another thread here as well. Threads keep popping up about new Forma, better Forma, different Forma on a regular basis. The system needs overhauling.

Now: We have 'lower limit' modding capacity, making it more comfortable to level weapons by using them after Forma.

However, some still recognise that there's a bigger issue than just "when do I get to use a polarised item again". The growing mod load with Primed and other high-drain mods demands a lot out of our very limited drain, as often do Sorties for most weapons to perform adequately. The user-unfriendliness of polarisation impacts negatively on flexibility and fun, and I doubt I'm the only one who tends not to use it where possible to not lock myself out of half my mod collection.

Ammo Rework for the QOL of High Consumption Weapons

Q: Is there a possibility of a more significant ammo rework to fix bugs and aid balance of several weapon classes?

With static ammo pickups and certain restrictions, high ammo consumption weapons often fall short, not in raw DPS which they compete evenly in, but because they just can't keep going for long before they're completely dry and relying on pickups/Restores. We also had such bugs as the Sniper+Castana ammo restriction issue, eventually addressed by a half-application of my own suggestion for the issue overall, using Pistol ammo for 'special' secondaries but with a different actual restoration numbers.

The Twin Rogga now exists for the other half of the equation - using nonpistol ammo, but in its normal amounts. Between the 'special' secondaries and the Rogga, tech is clearly in place to implement this rework in a full and sweeping manner. Any idea of when it might happen?
My suggestion here attempts to address all of that, as well as opens up new balance levers by allowing any ammo type to be used for secondaries. There's also a chance for this to bring currently unused Max Ammo mods up to a functional level by allowing them to improve ammo gained per pickup (while not making Mutation totally obsolete either).

Using Mod Ranks Below Fusion Level

Q: Why force users to potentially hold many mods of lesser fusion, instead of being able to use ranks up to the fused maximum?

This has been mentioned in passing at times, but it's still ridiculous that we can't have this quality of life with the current modding system. It seems like something that would be an inherent part of a system where drain ranges so wildly and precise values are so aggressively tweaked (Corrupted Mods, looking at you).

Can the data load of a handful of extra bytes per loadout (to identify the rank of the slotted mod to use) really be higher than the load involved with having an actual incentive to hold multiple mods all with their own fusion levels?

When will Sentinels be able to use the mods for primaries while using the same mods for primary weapon; like Khora's 3 using 2x Kavat mods?

Will Zaw weapons be able to use skins?

Can Kavats gaining equivalent armor and health item as Kavasa Band?

Chromas intended change was to limit the ability to one shot Ediolons but hunting as time passed one-shotting still happens. Why change something if that wasn't what it was intended for Chroma is change was meant to give viability to teammates but doesn't fit his builds and scaling with mods isn't done correctly. Can we see any change incoming?

More gun poses/tenno poses for decoration?

Changing color scheme of sculptures for decoration to match player made interior colors for ship?

If scythes are moving to gain heavy blade stances can we look forward to the idea of weapons being able to use other types of stances for similar weapon styles? Staffs suck atm

Khora required two sets of forma one for her three and her innate modding, was it intended to be double the work to level with a general consensus of not as of a good pay off?

Creating a separate market sub chats to help expand the markets ability to look into different trade channels ie riven channel, arcanes, blueprints etc?

Is there a plan for a new faction that does not involve any crossover or layover to existing factions: a completely brand new faction?

Many people think that healing or support frames in Warframe are required in order to progress certain content. What is the official philosophy of the development team as far as the requirement or necessity for these types of frames and whether or not it is all about player choice?

As Warframe tries to expand and attract old and new players to come back and try other things what plans are in effect to gain popularity to both old and new players? Ie what is the team that worked on raids doing now exactly?

Trying to keep the perspective of the development team and the average player must be a difficult balancing act to perform I feel for the situation where you have to feel for long-term and short-term players and still cater to both. I sympathize with how tough the choices must be to the effect that you must be pressured to keep everyone happy; what is the most important aspect to keep in mind when doing so?

How often do outside games influence Warframe, either game play or just cultural aspects?

With the inclusion of many more types of pets in the future is there any plan to revamp the system of only being able to carry out one pet at a time?

What are the most concerning aspects of Warframe and things that you would like the community to recognize as problems that the warframe development team are looking into you as things that we should be aware of?

The age old question of how balance changes occur; to Nerf the thing that's very good or buff the thing that is doing poorly? What is the mindset of the development team for most balance changes?

Cooking in Warframe?

Can Khora's 3 be able to Smeeta Kavatt mods? This one is personal due to my love of [Charm]

Does Jeff feel the pressure of the men around him of slowly becoming bald?

How many times did you have to cut out an idea that was really good because the implantation was never going to work? No need for specifics as most people will just instantly want whatever you make reference to.

Bird frame, dragon frame, squid frame, bug frame, what next?

How much a fantasy RPG is incorporated to the development of a frames development?

Changes occurred with the Orokin Derelict ship having much more lighting then it's earlier implantation. Any chance of darkening the atmosphere to what it was as many players feel the dark atmosphere is what made it unique?

A lot of effort was made to encourage players to stream warframe during the release of PoE. How much thought/development goes into the idea of helping make the game more appealing to watch and or stream?

It's exhilarating to play a game where it feels like the dev team actually plays their game and makes changes that help the average player. How are you always able to keep on top of the ball when it comes to quality of life? What is your secret?

How much has motion capture changed the aspect of storytelling in Warframe?

The most controversial topic of Warframe (in my eyes) the one that divides the community the most is that of Vacuum. What are your thoughts about where it is right now and is there any change in mind?

Speaking of communities; when I think of a positive overall healthy communities in gaiming the first one I think of is Warframe. I've played a lot of multiplayer games but Warframe's community takes it to a new level of player helping other player. How have you cultivated this positive nature within your game, what do you owe it to?
Are there any ideas of expanding the company to other places and countries?

Despite the drops and spikes of player base during times of content releases how optimistic are you of future content keeping the community entertained and enticing more players to come try? Currently the biggest upset in that balance I can see is the example that games like Warcraft have dying communities with little to no interest to try and return just based on how much time is necessary to get to the current content. Does Warframe face is similar problem or challenge?

Digital Extremes seems like a very close knit community of developers players and people who care about the community that they are a part of. what is the secret ingredient that makes this team such a healthy close knit group of friends?

Explain the biggest mistake the company is ever faced when dealing with Warframe and how it was resolved/learned from?

Most games I know have a public test realm/server in which that they test incoming changes that of been handed down from the developers to players that play the game actively. Who are the public testers and or is this something average players can get in on?

Other game developers have explained why transparency isn't always the best option with dealing with developing content and showcasing it before it's released. In most circumstances digital extremes has shown great promise and expertise when showcasing developing content and releasing it almost explicitly as it was shown. What sets digital extremes apart from these other companies?

The introduction of disposition changes has met with parts equal fear and opportunity; what are the current plans if any for riven disposition changes?

It's been stated multiple times that warframe rivens will never occur however is this limit also apply to pets and sentinels? Sentinels may be a little bit harder to do as their weapons already have rivens but kavats might be a little bit easier to implement.

The creation of maiming strike has been met with equal parts hostility and admiration are there any ideas as to how to change it in any form without negative feedback?

Explain the funniest moment ever seen in warframe.

Know it's a bit late but I've been making this list for some time. Cheers.

For accessories and syandanas that have an action-specific animation or effect, can we have the option to toggle what activates it, or add additional triggers?

Examples: Edo Prime armor's lightning effect activating while sprinting as well as channeling, or Naru Syandana only opening with Aim Glide and not Bullet Jump.

Tileset questions:

Will we see an improvement to the way tiles generate to give maps a better sense of coherence? It's mainly apparent on tiles featuring windows, as it doesn't always make sense with how the map is laid out. 

Also wondering about continuity between Orokin and Derelict maps; there are rooms that seem exclusive to one or the other and I would love to see the clean and infested versions of both. 

Is there a chance of having some old or removed rooms brought back, even as an Onslaught exclusive? There's a particular Orokin loot room that I miss (Simaris might have old data, perhaps...)

Any planned expansion to our Orbiter? I thought they were supposed to be huge!

the game is having too many "host migrations" lately.

can you increase the tolerance of the loss of connectivity before starting a migration?

let's say that today the tolerance is 2 seconds without connection, increase it to 5 seconds to find out if we see less migrations.

Archived