Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #111!

[DE]Rebecca

Sometimes ago, I remembered about a forum post by one of DE staff (sorry, I forget who is it) asking us (the Players) to submit an idea for Octavia Augment Mod. So, how is it now? Is there something we can know about that Augment for Octavia? 

Also, any plan for making all Zaw can use it respective weapon skin? (Please make this true #SkinForZaw) 

As a long time whale supporter of DE and Warframe, I've had a few questions about some semi-important subjects that have been boiling around for a while that I would love to see covered and answered.

1. @[DE]Rebecca, Scott said there was a possibility of bringing back old skins from past promotions e.g. RixtyMOL Aklato (we can still purchase platinum through them so why can't we get the skin?), IAHGames Braton, and even a possible official release of the NVIDIA Braton. Any word on this?
  2. This was asked before but with a rather touchy additive, would it be possible to have catch up weekends for Daily Tribute, similar to Black Desert Online's system (the person previous inquired about it even with the inclusion of using plat which is a horrible idea on many fronts as I knew that would turn the Dev team off of the idea.)
  3. Clan/Alliance Emblem resolution increase: this is a more minor request but given the new fidelity of the game, 128x128 resolution images are very very lossy in game, 320x320 or 580x580 should be norm as with most other games now.
  4. More appearance loadouts? With the amount of custom skins in the game, 3 Appearance slots nowhere near covers it and is now one of the most dire issues a lot of people are running into, any news on this?
  5. Being able to apply the Normal Variant "Skins" to all other Prime Categories (currently only an option on Warframes, this should be expanded to Weapons, Sentinels, and Archwing items.)
  6. Display Armor amount and percentage of Damage Mitigation in Arsenal UI and if possible on the HUD during gameplay
  7. Display Legacy Color Palettes next to the Standard color palettes as to not have to go through several menus to change for a single color (with upcoming UI rework this feels like the best time to bring these two previous up)
  8. Ability to equip each half of the "Dark Split-Sword Dulus Skin" to the corresponding weapon (e.g. Place the Half that applies to the Dark Sword half on the individual Dark Sword weapon, and the half for the Dark Dagger on the Dark Dagger weapon)

2 hours ago, (PS4)Oracle-Raven said:

Will Pets 2.0 feature Universal Vacuum, or are pets going to be useless still?

Sorry if passive-aggressive, but damn...

I use my pet for what they should be, Crit-kitty because I personally find vacuum useless. But I know that's a relatively unpopular opinion.

Hi:satisfied:

• Can we get operator "A" "B" "C" customization to switch clothing & accessory?
  • Daily reward changes or improvements?
  • Possible new planet?
  • When we can expect our Orbiter receive skins or types like Landing Craft?
  • Will operators grow old or stay young? 😄
  • New kavat? Infested kavat?
  • Ship battle?
  • Clan missions?

Thanks🙂

"talking about some Warframes new and old"

Alright then. What about Volt? He's as much a high damage alternative to gunplay as Atlas is a healer, and his only utility in life is spoiler mode buffing (and he's the only one who does that), when he'll get a full rework?

And what about Chroma? He's not in a good place and IMO never was - he doesn't do anything but buff weapons since his 1 and 4 are horrible and his 2/3 are arbitrarily separated. Any word about a full rework too? 

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Please ask your questions here!

I've got quite a few for you.

First, when is Archwing in PoE getting at least a slight buff?  Too many times I get knocked out of it for seemingly no fault of my own, only to find a Tusk was shooting peas at me from a very, very long ways away (relatively speaking) and eventually shot it off completely.

On this subject, will there be more land-to-archwing transition-based tilesets in the future, and if so, what will it take the form of?

Second, can Khora please get a slight increase in drop frequency, especially when she no longer appears in Elite Onslaught?

Third, with the current lootbox debacle going around, do Mod Packs count as lootboxes in the sense of 'roll the dice for loot', and, if the law requests it, would they be removed?

Finally, when can we expect Dark Sectors to come back, and not be rebranded into a new mode?

Thank you!

any chance we could stop having Simaris in elite onslaught disable skills after using them like 2-3 times and make it more like 9-10?
banshee is completely useless there, to name one of the many, since I get ability locked in a blink of an eye, being left to my otherwise squishy devices

meanwhile just using weapons on a tanky frame gets it all done without any penalties
seems a bit unfair tbh since it does not requite any more skill - and while I realise it's to avoid single button spamming, it's a bit too unbalanced if you compare it imho

Any thoughts on Conclave weapon augments with a syndicate proc (the proc only being in PvE of course)? Teshin's arena is a Syndicate in it's own right and while I personally feel it's not quite the right time for conclave variants of weapons (so as to not have too many people start freaking out), it could still use some attention to become better and slowly get rid of the stigma it's been given for far too long.

In the past, you've mentioned the possibility of operator melee weapons. Do you have anything to say on the matter?

Additionally, do you have any plans to buff void damage? It seems strange that the strongest force lore-wise is weak against every health type.

16 minutes ago, Chisah said:

any chance we could stop having Simaris in elite onslaught disable skills after using them like 2-3 times and make it more like 9-10?
banshee is completely useless there, to name one of the many, since I get ability locked in a blink of an eye, being left to my otherwise squishy devices

meanwhile just using weapons on a tanky frame gets it all done without any penalties
seems a bit unfair tbh since it does not requite any more skill - and while I realise it's to avoid single button spamming, it's a bit too unbalanced if you compare it imho

The delay is only 2-3 seconds, I run a banshee for sonar and it's perfectly fine. If anything they need to enable the lock for any swing of exalted blade past 2-3 in the same time span.👀 If however, you're asking to allow spamming of Soundquake, I have 0 sympathies personally.

A question from a relatively new player:

Could you expand on explanations? I drew a lot of knowledge from the Wiki, as i do with alot of other Games. But there are other people who only care about whats explained Ingame and dont even watch explain videos or look up the wiki.

One idea that came tomind is with the PoE: Let Nakak, who is mentioned as an Ostron that admires you give some actual tips that help with the start: i.e. "You should ask Konzu if there are Bounties..." or explain the fishing or mining. And make Nakak the first Ostron you meet.(Maybe a cutscene where she aproaches you and welcomes you to Cetus). This would help Newcomers to get into the PoE and would expand Nakak beyond simply being  'The Mask Seller'

Also more wares for Teasonai would be nice, poor guy has so little to sell. :(

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Who:  Rebecca is joined by the usual suspects Geoff, Steve, Sheldon, and Scott!

What: While the majority of the dev-team is sworn to secrecy on various projects, we’ll be highlighting a lot of in-progress items, talking about some Warframes new and old, and we’ll be taking a deeper look at the continued Dojo improvements this stream! Who will be the best at my personally designed obstacle course? Hobbled Keys only!

Prizes? Oh yes, Platinum and Prime Access awaits lucky Twitch viewers!

Twitch Drop!? Starting with the Devstream, all weekend long Warframe Partners will feature Twitch Drops! Watch any the Devstream or any Partner for 1 hour to receive 1 x Nitain!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this Friday, May 11th @ 2 p.m ET!

Please ask your questions here! Thread closes at 10 a.m ET on May 11 and we’d like to choose from some of your questions!

GET ME THAT LIMBO PRIME OR ELSE... I WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR NEXT TIME... LIMBO MASTER FRAME LIMBO IS BAE

How about: 

• new Clan management system;
  • fields for "Clan description"(Clan Rules), except for the already available "motd"
  • more flexible and variable "Hierarchy and Roles" system;
  • stricter access to the Dojo and Labs (to avoid players who join the clan, buy BP's and leave).

Well, this is exciting!

I have a few questions that I think alot of people are interested in. I rarely can speak only for one person when in a community as large as that of Warframe... 🙂

1: Will we ever get melee stances for our Warframe Articula? We already have the stances for primary and secondary (Not so much secondary, but most of the primary stances work for the secondary weapons as well.), but melee is something me and many others would like to see. Also, any chance at bow stances? That would be cool...

2: Will we ever get Operator appearance tabs? 

3: Will we be able to use Operators in each other's ships?

4: Will we ever be able to spawn multiple of our own Warframes in Captura? (We can do us and a friend, but doing a few of our Warframes would be nice.)

5: Will we ever get to have multiple pets roaming the ship at a time? (more than just one Kavat or Kubrow)

6: Will Sentinels ever be able to roam the ship? (Everyone I've talked to seems to like this idea.)

More questions may be added, but that's all I got for now! 

Is there a chance to see the ability to carry two different melee weapons at the same time? We already press F to cycle between primary and secondary ranged weapons and we hold F to go melee only, but then we get back to ranged weapons whether we hold or tap F, what if we had a "secondary melee" instead and tapping F while in melee mode would equip it?

Even if not for everyone, maybe it could be a future warframe's passive? I would LOVE to go around like Teshin with two nikanas on my hip.

Got a looong list of questions for the Dev boys

Weapons:

On the cusp of the weapon rework, a lot of weapons have become viable and there has been a rather large meta shift (especially when it comes to beams). With this in mind, are there any plans to look at launchers specifically in order to raise their power levels? To be more exact, are there any plans to remove the self damage or launchers as to make them more viable, as in recent memory the only viable launcher was the Tonkor, and the main reason behind that was the small self damage it had (after the self damage was added, ive rarely seen the weapon)

While the melee rework is (understandably) a larger process than the gun rework was, is there any way we can get some weapons/stats looked at? Specifically, adding a range stat to the stat screen, as well as having attack speed increase heavy attack charge time.

Syndicates & Conclave:

Is there any planned content coming for Syndicates outside of augments? Such as syndicate themed weapon skins (akin to the conclaves), operator armor, armor sets etc?

Any chance the way we acquire standing be changed? Specifically, tying the percentage increase to the syndicates level instead of the sigils, as to allow us to use any sigil we want instead of the most optimal one.

Any plans on replacing the specters available in the syndicates with faction specific ones? For example, replacing the charger with a Red Veil member that joins you in their syndicate missions.

With a large majority of the fan base not being fans of the Conclave, are there any plans to allow for its rewards to be available outside of it? Such as weapon skins and syandana being made available in the market?

Any discussions on making conclave specific augments available in PvE?  Such as Rumbled or Prism Guard?

Companions:

Is there any updates you can give on the progress of the current pet rework?

Has there been any discussion on moving some specters into the pet category? I for one propose Clem being a pet and having the Darvo mission reward Clembiscuits that raise his loyalty.

Warframes:

Are any of the following frames on the chopping block for a rework: Nezha, Wukong, Titania, Nyx, Vauban.

Are there any plans to make over used augments become part of the base kit? For example, Despoil and Pilfering Swarm .

Will we ever see warfames gain unique level up stats akin to Nidus? In that same vain, will level up stats be looked at and made unique to each frame?

Will a few overlooked primary/secondary weapons like the Acrid (currently MR7 sitting at 10% status/5% crit with poor damage/firing speed) get rebalanced in the future?

When reworking frames in the future, do you forsee getting more community participation for idea generation for them?

When can we expect the next great Riven disposition change? Is the plan to do this after the Melee Rework?

Do you plan on doing the Melee rework after Damage 2.5/3.0? If so, can we expect to see more Puncture/Impact based melee weapons in the future?

When you do the Melee rework, can we expect more mod support for Impact/Puncture based weapons to give them similar mods to those that benefit from slash status effects? Currently we only have Shattering Impact for mod support, and it works off of any amount of Impact Damage being present (even if the weapon is 99% other elements), so its not really an Impact mod specifically.

Actually, would it be possible to consider making Shattering Impact scale to some extent off of Base Impact Damage? For example, if by base it had +6 armor removal for all weapons that have Impact damage, but could scale up to +12 based on how much Base Impact Damage a weapon has? Would be kind of a cool idea and provide an alternative to the Corrosive/Slash meta.

Will some of the extremely outdated mods like Rifle Aptitude (+15% status chance) and some of the outdated Corrupted Mods ever receive buffs? I appreciate that the similar Shotgun Status mod has some merit for certain weapons, but it would be nice to see a buff to make these mods better than dual stat mods for giving you Status.

3 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Do we ever get Zaw Skins or can we ever use normal Skins on Zaws?

Personally, I'd love to be able to use normal weapons as reskins for zaws on top of cosmetic skins. I play Nidus a lot, so my plague kripath zaw would look so much better if it had the appearance of lesion.

Archived