Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Developer Workshop: Saryn Revisited 2.0

[DE]Danielle

Disputes now work well in terms of growth on the map minus on regular missions, mobs sometimes end earlier than before you have time to argue the virus's priority, since it is suitable for most purposes

molting now it is almost useless except to give the chance to throw up a dispute and have time to post the status of the virus I would like to see molting as a grove mobile skin that explodes as it approaches the enemy and creates a gas cloud (gas status)

toxic whip is not effective skill and the use of it is a regen of energy when there is no protection in the trini party due to spores and whip protection it does not give at 300% + strength is written that the damage is absorbed at block 1. + means if the unit catches damage completely blocked such there is no wanted to see a whip on all kinds of weapons and a bonus when hit in a dispute that made a cloud of gas

miasm is not a bad skill now the minuses do not have the status of corrosion that does not give the opportunity to kill the armored target a small radius even at 280% of the moult the explosion too in a very small radius they do not cover the radius of the spores thus sometimes they do not allow them to propagate the change in the damage is not needed there was enough duration norms but it is necessary to increase the duration of oglu

and so I would like to see from the sarin an extremely difficult frame that would depend on the accuracy of firing on the spores but with the bonus in the form of clouds and active moulting that I could take it off and she would walk either with me or to the nearest mob to rework the animation skills in the visual plane of the toxic whip is extremely inadequate as is the moult and miasma in 2018

my experience of playing on the sarin 32% of playing time and boliee 900k murders on it I play all possible missions 

6ae730b696a312153c7d0e90536ab2cb-full.jp

sorry for my english it's all a translator

I really like the changes I wont mention here:

But how will the spore rework look like? Will the damage scaling be kept when spreading?

2 Ways I can think of that would make the ability good:

First: For low levels: So when..lets say it scaled to 1k Damage and spreaded spores scale from 1k damage onwards? Because that with corrosive would be great.

Second: Corrosive would have to act on base armor here to be usefull for stripping armor. If not the ability will be kinda useless since you normally dont wait 20 seconds till the spores have taken the enemies armor.

Augment rework: Additionally it would be great if the buff also appeared on the caster not only the buffed target (would want that on all buffing augments)

Toxic Lash

2 Modes please: One with the toxin working with weapon mods like Chromatic Blade
                            Another one which works like the current one unlike Chromatic Blade

The rest sounds great.

• Stats 
    • Really welcome changes.
  • Spore 
    • I'm a little concern about that one, while the changes sound really good, what benefit a corrosive DoT will bring to a Corpus fight? With the current viral damage she's a really good enemy debuffer for all factions, so i would prefer to remain the same.
  • Molt
    • Damage absorving is a great implement to the ability and the movement speed make it a great escape tool.
  • Toxic Lash
    • Affecting other weapons is great, and my Melee/Tank Saryn will be even more powerful.
  • Miasma
    • All the stats buffs are great, but the switch between elements with Spore made me worried. Perhaps give Miasma the status chance boost suggested to Spores.

Overall it sounds like really good changes, but i just hope they are not based in ONE bad designed/variety killer/meta, cheesy only viable mode(AKA Onslaught), just like Chroma changes where based on the same bad designed/variety killer/meta, cheesy only viable Eidolon Hunt. 

Edited by jesusdh
Wiki research

Really not sure about this, Saryn is confusing yes, but I'm not really sure this makes her any less confusing. Usually changing abilities makes them more confusing. That's been my struggle with Mag at least. And while she's confusing I don't think she's really confusing in basic concept just in how things interact together. Which is mostly from a lack of information particularly in game. People have to go to forums and wikis to find things out, it's not very intuitive. Even having a link on ability pages to slightly more informative breakdowns would help.
Personally I think Saryn's synergy was a bit forced and all but not bad. Miasma and Toxic Lash was really the culprit of that.
Seems like a lot of big changes that could have been a little more simple to me at least.
Molt changes are welcome. The rest is really hard to say. Miasma's only one stun seems unnecessary. It costs 100 energy. Might as well stun the enemies. Particularly without the gain from Toxic Lash. If there's one change I definitely disagree with it's removing this. I have my doubts that she'll be less energy hungry, potentially could be even more energy hungry to get performance she currently has.

Edited by Sasuda

16 minutes ago, DeltaPangaea said:

You can't assume that people will just use this one weapon modded in this one way whenever they want to strip armor.

Don't need to assume, we already assume that people will be using Corrosive projection. As it's not always the case, you need at least one weapon in your arsenal to have high status chance for corrosive, unless you hate yourself that is.

Is this still that [DE}? Someone snicked into their main HQ and really buffed something correnct?! 😄

My Feedback:

Spores:

Swaping Viral into corrosive is amazing, wonder if we can reach 100% status, also seems  we won't need high duration.
I need to see how new ones will spread to know if I understand it correctly.

Molt:

Great change for high level game content but seems to not be need beside beign "decoy", since second cast of spores will just detonate them.
If someone doesn't want to play with augment abiliti feels kind usless right now, revisit this one for a bit longer and take a look.

Toxic Lash:

Oh boi, any kind of  buffing all weapons from abilities is welcomed always, didn't used it too much but I wonder does it still have mechanics to buff dmg reduction while blocking.
Augment for it has still has too low dmg and should be scaled with mods of melee or % of target health, that would make this insane.

Miasma:

Here comes the bigest applause for swaping dmg to viral and having 100% of chance to proc it, I just don't have the words to describe how brilliant is this.
She seems to be next new must have end-game frame. 

Well done DE

PS: I  would like to see some changes for Loki he is out of meta for real, and his abilities are in my opinnion outdated.

Edited by -ToH-Eternity
*molt thoughts

5 minutes ago, BlockBadger said:

Can we have the spores, scale up faster with more duration?

I like this idea. But the base damage would need to be reduced to compensate for how powerful this would be. A well cast spore in the new build will wreck havoc for a long time

well, from what I just read, it sounds like Saryn is getting one hell of a buff. infinite scaling Spores? even more powerful Molt with movement speed, Toxic lash that affects all weapons and Viral Miasma? dear god YES to every one of them! Saryn was already arguably the strongest of the base element frames, if DE go ahead with this rework as is, she'll be awesome!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

RIP my Saryn...but it actually seems pretty fun. I'm just not so sure about the Viral to Corrosive Change on her Spores though

instead of instant half health, they will be stripped of armour over time, and armour was her biggest scaling weakness. But depending on how fast the new spores scale, the damage could be ass

Since y'all are getting experimental, would it be a good time to let abilities that have their health scale with damage absorbed, also have their damage scale with the absorbed damage?  This is mainly focused on molt now scaling with absorbed damage health-wise but not it's explosion, but could also extend to abilities like tectonics or snowglobe for example.

Also saryn's passive could be strengthened a bit more, currently it only adds about 2 extra seconds to proc durations at best.

6 minutes ago, LynndorTruffles said:

Let her still spam 1 please. Not being able to cast on Molt is whatever. But blowing up the spores manually is useless. 

thats literally the point of these changes, they dont want you to spam 1 on your molt and farm easy like that. they want you to spread your single cast , then blow it up for a burst.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

well, from what I just read, it sounds like Saryn is getting one hell of a buff. infinite scaling Spores? even more powerful Molt with movement speed, Toxic lash that affects all weapons and Viral Miasma? dear god YES to every one of them! Saryn was already arguably the strongest of the base element frames, if DE go ahead with this rework as is, she'll be awesome!

That's exactly why I made this. She is TOO good with this rework. This build is using only one ability with 100% status chance to make things very easy, but balanced. After her rework it will be 3 abilities with guaranteed status procs. No other warframe in game can make even close to that claim.

honestly, the rework just sounds like a huge buff, to an already stronk frame no less. I'm OK with this, I love using Saryn and will probably enjoy her even more if this rework goes ahead.

DE, please don't bottle it on the infinite scaling thing: I get you're apprehensive about giving players that much power, but let's face it, even if you pull it away, we'll find a way to cheese. it's just in our nature. hopefully this will pave the way for other frames to receive a similar treatment. in fact, I think many other Warframes with lacklustre first abilities such as Volt and Ember could really benefit from a form of infinite scaling too. turn those basic cast abilities into something that actively scales, and maybe players will start using them rather than just saving energy for ults and more useful powers.