Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Developer Workshop: Saryn Revisited 2.0

[DE]Danielle

14 minutes ago, Shidonia said:

Baby I know you just received the update but we were screaming and crying and some of us were dead we were feeding on each other's body you guys are like a tribe which came from east and asking us what the hell happened here. Well yes some men came and slaughtered us but its meaningless now as we are lost souls and Saryn goddess of poison is now a housewife who cleans off the dust of her spores from the enemies. She is dead she is dead and she is dead god protect us these will be my last words look after this kid his name is Gambino and he will show you the way to the new world

What in the literal hell are you even trying to say?

after many revisits 🙂 she is fine atm. only issue i can find is molt. enemy wont shoot at it always. sometime need to cast in front of them to be effective. and about spores still dislike lets them make walk in pyjama. will be cool if we can "switch" nature of dmg in arsenal. something similar to exalted weapons "rework".

I have worked with Saryn for a little and fiddled around with her. The sruvivability has gone up, which I am very thankful for. Without any CC like Frosty or Volt as an ability caster frame, she suffered in surviving. The armour buff certainly helps. Now to the abilities.

Molt. Still useful and the speed boost is actually very helpful in 'oh S#&$buckets' moments I find. It is noticeable with some power strength. 

Toxic Lash. The buff and adding the damage to everything is very helpful in popping spores with certain weapons and just a damage boost to any kind of weapon. 

Miasma. This is the ability I use the least due to it's energy cost and general uselessness against any 'endgame' enemy before and after the rework. increasing the range and decreasing the cost, as I have seen in reading the PC rework, is something I am looking forward to in the console build. The viral proc is better off on Miasma, but it is not something I can use constantly for the viral proc, which is all I use the ability for along with the CC.

Spores.....

I understand the need for how it was nerfed to the ground... but I would have much preferred the status chance for the corrosive proc to be higher, as I would much rather have the proc itself than the scaling damage. I still use Saryn as a CO melee warframe, as her spores build has, and still is, a niche build specific to one situation. That niche has now shifted as an auto-turret in defensive situations to enemy squad-killers. 

I would much rather use Saryn as a frame suited to CO melees and damage support at this point in the rework than use her for her Spores meta. Her spores have too much of a delicate balance between wiping out squads and having to find a new target, vs. not dealing enough corrosive procs over a wide range. I feel too many concentrate on spores as the main damage dealer and not enough as a 'helper' ability as Saryn was originally intended to be, the poison goddess to spread toxin and viruses over a large area then wipe them out with squadmate help or with CO weapons.