[DE]Danielle

Developer Workshop: Saryn Revisited 2.0

Leaving it only if. It does what an how it supposed to functions,That is i think that players think its only for crowd control now. 

Show them its not.On ps4 there is nothing to show the damage being done as their is on pc.Why? 

1 hour ago, (PS4)RazorTheIceMan said:

Leaving it only if. It does what an how it supposed to functions,That is i think that players think its only for crowd control now. 

Show them its not.On ps4 there is nothing to show the damage being done as their is on pc.Why? 

Because we still don't have it the re-work? 

@[DE]Pablo

Alright, I have had the opportunity to try out this reworked rework now that it's on PS4.

The Good:

Better armor, better survivability. Always welcome.

Toxic Lash's appliance to all my equipped weapons is fantastic. The overall buff lets me build without needing to include Toxic mods, as I can just apply it as needed with a fairly long lasting ability. Doubling on melee is excellent.

Miasma's functional stunning over a large area is sublime. Going high duration makes it even better.

The Bad:

Molt is still entirely useless to me. It's aggro-pull on enemies is weaker than an unseen chihuahua going ballistic and making everyone jump. It's absolutely pitiful base health makes it's new bullet absorb mechanic make it last...exactly as long as enemies actually bothered to shoot it while it was building health, IF they even bother instead of riddling me into swiss cheese. The speed boost is a really bad gimmick, easily replicated with the pre-rework pair of bullet jumps. Spore turreting is obviously dead, which is the only intelligent thing done here.

SPORES

I. Hate. Everything. Using the high range that is requisite to get the most out of Spores, I've attempted to use a + strength/+ duration build/- efficiency build, and it just eats up the initial starting target like candy. And then the enemies in that first victim's spread range. And then promptly dies out. I can TRY to use Toxic Lash to tag the secondary victims with a single bullet before they die, but then ensues a mad scramble that's more fruitless than not to try and continue to shoot spored targets faster than the spores kill them. Or attempt to spam Miasma, in which case now I would HAVE to only run with an Energizing Dash Zenurik focus and Energy Siphon to TRY and maintain my energy to continue using her abilities.

I've ALSO tried a - strength/+ duration/+efficiency build, figuring that if the spores build slower, I can sustain them better. This turned out to be entirely false. I can spread the spores more easily with enemies not dropping like flies, but by the time I've spread them any meaningful distance, they've started to kill my targets en masse, leading to the same issue of now having to hunt and recast a decaying spores, or trying to spam Miasma and Lash to try to desperately hit targets with spores to try and spread them further.

In conclusion...

Saryn's been made into a half-functioning frame. The improvements to Toxic Lash and Miasma are very welcome, Molt is still useless as ever (outside of Regen Molt, which you don't use as a decoy, you hide it in a closet). Spores has been rendered virtually unusable compared to before the rework outside of a very specific, very niche build for a specific level threshold of enemies. This is completely unacceptable in a game with scaling enemies that range from comically easy to overcome to mind-blowing-ly tough to kill.

On top of this, Saryn's ability descriptions completely omit some of the functionalities of those abilities, which is part of why it was claimed this rework was "needed" in the first place. Molt doesn't elaborate that it absorbs enemy attacks at all, and Spores reads: "Spread spores to nearby enemies by destroying them or killing their host." without mentioning the caveat that the spores themselves can't do the killing besides the very first enemy you spore. Miasma doesn't mention enemies under its effect spread spores when they die from any source.

Prior to this rework, I could use spores as constant team damage and viral-status support, escalated as needed by properly "farming" them with carefully modded weapons. I took advantage of the synergy Spores had with scaling damage based on the interactions between them and Toxin procs, and used Toxic Lash as a means to recover my energy, augment my spores, and spread my spores. Back then, I only really used Molt when I used it's syndicate mod, and Miasma was a panic button for a quick stun to get out of harm's way. Now, I'm bashing my head up against the wall trying to figure out how to have my once sustainable damage over time BE sustainable for more than the immediate wave of enemies present. While also having the energy to use my abilities in a manner than supports my damn team, without being required to use specific schools and mods to generate that energy or requiring a teammate to be an energy granting machine.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, (PS4)WhiteWolfMoon said:

@[DE]Pablo

Alright, I have had the opportunity to try out this reworked rework now that it's on PS4.

The Good:

Better armor, better survivability. Always welcome.

Toxic Lash's appliance to all my equipped weapons is fantastic. The overall buff lets me build without needing to include Toxic mods, as I can just apply it as needed with a fairly long lasting ability. Doubling on melee is excellent.

Miasma's functional stunning over a large area is sublime. Going high duration makes it even better.

The Bad:

Molt is still entirely useless to me. It's aggro-pull on enemies is weaker than an unseen chihuahua going ballistic and making everyone jump. It's absolutely pitiful base health makes it's new bullet absorb mechanic make it last...exactly as long as enemies actually bothered to shoot it while it was building health, IF they even bother instead of riddling me into swiss cheese. The speed boost is a really bad gimmick, easily replicated with the pre-rework pair of bullet jumps. Spore turreting is obviously dead, which is the only intelligent thing done here.

SPORES

I. Hate. Everything. Using the high range that is requisite to get the most out of Spores, I've attempted to use a + strength/+ duration build/- efficiency build, and it just eats up the initial starting target like candy. And then the enemies in that first victim's spread range. And then promptly dies out. I can TRY to use Toxic Lash to tag the secondary victims with a single bullet before they die, but then ensues a mad scramble that's more fruitless than not to try and continue to shoot spored targets faster than the spores kill them. Or attempt to spam Miasma, in which case now I would HAVE to only run with an Energizing Dash Zenurik focus and Energy Siphon to TRY and maintain my energy to continue using her abilities.

I've ALSO tried a - strength/+ duration/+efficiency build, figuring that if the spores build slower, I can sustain them better. This turned out to be entirely false. I can spread the spores more easily with enemies not dropping like flies, but by the time I've spread them any meaningful distance, they've started to kill my targets en masse, leading to the same issue of now having to hunt and recast a decaying spores, or trying to spam Miasma and Lash to try to desperately hit targets with spores to try and spread them further.

In conclusion...

Saryn's been made into a half-functioning frame. The improvements to Toxic Lash and Miasma are very welcome, Molt is still useless as ever (outside of Regen Molt, which you don't use as a decoy, you hide it in a closet). Spores has been rendered virtually unusable compared to before the rework outside of a very specific, very niche build for a specific level threshold of enemies. This is completely unacceptable in a game with scaling enemies that range from comically easy to overcome to mind-blowing-ly tough to kill.

On top of this, Saryn's ability descriptions completely omit some of the functionalities of those abilities, which is part of why it was claimed this rework was "needed" in the first place. Molt doesn't elaborate that it absorbs enemy attacks at all, and Spores reads: "Spread spores to nearby enemies by destroying them or killing their host." without mentioning the caveat that the spores themselves can't do the killing besides the very first enemy you spore. Miasma doesn't mention enemies under its effect spread spores when they die from any source.

Prior to this rework, I could use spores as constant team damage and viral-status support, escalated as needed by properly "farming" them with carefully modded weapons. I took advantage of the synergy Spores had with scaling damage based on the interactions between them and Toxin procs, and used Toxic Lash as a means to recover my energy, augment my spores, and spread my spores. Back then, I only really used Molt when I used it's syndicate mod, and Miasma was a panic button for a quick stun to get out of harm's way. Now, I'm bashing my head up against the wall trying to figure out how to have my once sustainable damage over time BE sustainable for more than the immediate wave of enemies present. While also having the energy to use my abilities in a manner than supports my damn team, without being required to use specific schools and mods to generate that energy or requiring a teammate to be an energy granting machine.

Baby I know you just received the update but we were screaming and crying and some of us were dead we were feeding on each other's body you guys are like a tribe which came from east and asking us what the hell happened here. Well yes some men came and slaughtered us but its meaningless now as we are lost souls and Saryn goddess of poison is now a housewife who cleans off the dust of her spores from the enemies. She is dead she is dead and she is dead god protect us these will be my last words look after this kid his name is Gambino and he will show you the way to the new world

Edited by Shidonia

14 minutes ago, Shidonia said:

Baby I know you just received the update but we were screaming and crying and some of us were dead we were feeding on each other's body you guys are like a tribe which came from east and asking us what the hell happened here. Well yes some men came and slaughtered us but its meaningless now as we are lost souls and Saryn goddess of poison is now a housewife who cleans off the dust of her spores from the enemies. She is dead she is dead and she is dead god protect us these will be my last words look after this kid his name is Gambino and he will show you the way to the new world

What in the literal hell are you even trying to say?

after many revisits 🙂 she is fine atm. only issue i can find is molt. enemy wont shoot at it always. sometime need to cast in front of them to be effective. and about spores still dislike lets them make walk in pyjama. will be cool if we can "switch" nature of dmg in arsenal. something similar to exalted weapons "rework".

I have worked with Saryn for a little and fiddled around with her. The sruvivability has gone up, which I am very thankful for. Without any CC like Frosty or Volt as an ability caster frame, she suffered in surviving. The armour buff certainly helps. Now to the abilities.

Molt. Still useful and the speed boost is actually very helpful in 'oh S#&$buckets' moments I find. It is noticeable with some power strength. 

Toxic Lash. The buff and adding the damage to everything is very helpful in popping spores with certain weapons and just a damage boost to any kind of weapon. 

Miasma. This is the ability I use the least due to it's energy cost and general uselessness against any 'endgame' enemy before and after the rework. increasing the range and decreasing the cost, as I have seen in reading the PC rework, is something I am looking forward to in the console build. The viral proc is better off on Miasma, but it is not something I can use constantly for the viral proc, which is all I use the ability for along with the CC.

Spores.....

I understand the need for how it was nerfed to the ground... but I would have much preferred the status chance for the corrosive proc to be higher, as I would much rather have the proc itself than the scaling damage. I still use Saryn as a CO melee warframe, as her spores build has, and still is, a niche build specific to one situation. That niche has now shifted as an auto-turret in defensive situations to enemy squad-killers. 

I would much rather use Saryn as a frame suited to CO melees and damage support at this point in the rework than use her for her Spores meta. Her spores have too much of a delicate balance between wiping out squads and having to find a new target, vs. not dealing enough corrosive procs over a wide range. I feel too many concentrate on spores as the main damage dealer and not enough as a 'helper' ability as Saryn was originally intended to be, the poison goddess to spread toxin and viruses over a large area then wipe them out with squadmate help or with CO weapons.

Yes you piont is well taken i my self nor agree or dispute what you are say.You cant make everyone happy.Us what you hav an use it the way its design to be used.Is what i do everyone says the old ways better.!