Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Developer Workshop: Saryn Revisited 2.0

[DE]Danielle

DE is going to run their game into the ground. I have never seen a game developer with OCD this bad. The whole reason warframe is fun is because it makes us feel powerful, becoming an unstoppable killing machine is fun. Spending hundreds of dollars on a game grinding 12 hours a day grinding on a game, then having all the stuff you've earned be nerfed into the ground is not fun (at least in my opinion). I threw so much money at this game because I loved it, but now it's becoming more of a love hate relationship. Granted some nerfs were needed, (Resonating quake was broken, and getting 99% percent damage reduction with trinity was a bit much) but sometimes things in this game change too fast. I dont expect everything to be pefect either (everyone makes mistakes ) maybe there should be a survey with major changes to see what the community really wants, it would allow everyone in the community to feel like they have a say. Ok my rant is over have a nice day

• Like 1

On 2018-05-11 at 9:55 PM, blaes said:

No. rewatch the video. at 10m15s, he says something like "the one thing that we remove from this is that before it used to carry your toxin procs [blablablablabla], instead of relying on that damage being carried, we just increased the damage of spores, increased the damage of toxic lash, at least the melee portion, and basically removed that extra part there"

Anyway, in that video we have also seen that the damage will scale abnormally high and quite fast with the right equipment, so I don't give a damn about it anyway. It could've been a fun thing to do though.

1 hour ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

DE is going to run their game into the ground. I have never seen a game developer with OCD this bad. The whole reason warframe is fun is because it makes us feel powerful, becoming an unstoppable killing machine is fun. Spending hundreds of dollars on a game grinding 12 hours a day grinding on a game, then having all the stuff you've earned be nerfed into the ground is not fun (at least in my opinion). I threw so much money at this game because I loved it, but now it's becoming more of a love hate relationship. Granted some nerfs were needed, (Resonating quake was broken, and getting 99% percent damage reduction with trinity was a bit much) but sometimes things in this game change too fast. I dont expect everything to be pefect either (everyone makes mistakes ) maybe there should be a survey with major changes to see what the community really wants, it would allow everyone in the community to feel like they have a say. Ok my rant is over have a nice day

Good thing you said in your opinion, I'll have to agree you're right. Unlike most players some people don't think that lack of challenge is fun, so no I don't intend to side with your argument on this one. Being powerful i all good untill you become powerful at cost of good sense.

5 hours ago, Rankii said:

Saryn was already revisited. This is just a nerf disguised a s a buff with intent of making her less viable for onsslaught.

Can you explain in detail why you are saying that the changes made to saryn, so far, should be seen as a nerf

1 hour ago, Cibyllae said:

Can you explain in detail why you are saying that the changes made to saryn, so far, should be seen as a nerf

simple thing, change mechanic of spore and game play around spore turret. mean that they dont want you spam spore on molt, but have more interaction with frame. and yes, saryn was nerfed/changed b4. and you have multiple ways of play with her. now i dis like rework intended for her. and again spores are just fine as it is and we got multiple way to strip armor so far in game so no "t-shirts are gone" corrosive spores are needed so they trick you with dmg stack. only real use would be in surv missions that with constant enemy spam, defence mission not so much.

24 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

simple thing, change mechanic of spore and game play around spore turret. mean that they dont want you spam spore on molt, but have more interaction with frame. and yes, saryn was nerfed/changed b4. and you have multiple ways of play with her. now i dis like rework intended for her. and again spores are just fine as it is and we got multiple way to strip armor so far in game so no "t-shirts are gone" corrosive spores are needed so they trick you with dmg stack. only real use would be in surv missions that with constant enemy spam, defence mission not so much.

That would be a reduced number of interactions, since one is being removed to force the players to a more 'intended' type of playing with the warframe. Otherwise, I am glad the rework seems useful to your particular playstyle.

As someone who did the saryn turret mode in hydron 1000 times, I very much welcome these changes to make Saryn more appealing to play. Nearly every ability was somewhat pointless in sorties, although I'm not sure how much that will change. Toxic viral spores did help against the shield sorties. 4th skill has pretty high energy cost, I'm not sure if that's going to be an alternative. I also fear about the lack of control over spores. Yes you can detonate them if you fail to catch a group but it's going to happen so #*!%ing often. Also the scaling damage will have somewhat questionable use when you kill enemies in seconds even in 90+ range. Also Molt used to last 2 seconds before it died, but even if it lived, even with the augment, it never helped Saryn to deal with the incoming damage. A speed boost seems only nice for melee saryn (which luckily is probably the best choice I assume, it kind of would be nice if it increased attack speed as like volt's thing). But these decoy skills always have fairly limited effect vs just better cc or defensive skills.

6 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

FTFY.

You also forgot that part where DE aims to make her somewhat tankier and her other abilities are made more interesting.

I'd rather my toxin procs to spread than to gain 25 extra armor. The biggest change here is enemies won't be dying as fast, yes the corrosive procs removes armor, but like stated from someone earlier in this thread, that does not effect all enemies equally, viral procs no matter how you look it take half the health off an enemy regardless of their armor.

Edited by Endless-Waltz

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Rankii:

She won't. By the time damage ramps up to a point where it would be useful you'll have just gotten over there and killed it yourself. This is a need, and anyone that thinks otherwise is brain dead at best and a blind idiot at worse.

hmm finally someone toxic in this community...i was already afraid that there were non

calling people brain dead because of what they say about a rework in a game just shows how unsatisfied you have to be with your life

i pity you

22 minutes ago, Endless-Waltz said:

I'd rather my toxin procs to spread than to gain 25 extra armor

That's a fair point. I forgot how much that buff was going to be, so I appreciate the reminder.

Given the meager buff to armor...Yes, I would rather keep Spores as they are now, but perhaps tone down their DoT just a little. They really can be quite potent.

Edited by MirageKnight

12 minutes ago, xFlameHaze117x said:

i can't seem to grasp the idea of making spores corrosive, can't say i've ever heard of certain spores being corrosive in any sort of context.
other than that, i'm really looking forward to these changes 🙂

They don't like her as a frame that can deal lots of damage to a lot of enemies, what seems nice from someone who might not play her is a complete travesty to those who do. I hope she's not pushing up daisies soon.

@[DE]Danielle

Like many other players i have the opinion that Corrosive on Spores is the wrong Dmg type.

Reason: We have a Corrosive Aura, Frames like Oberon for excample that have corrosive (+ other Frames that can strip armor)... If DE really want to change my beloved Saryn, then please on an way that makes sence. My suggestion ist to select Gas as Dmg type cause it is toxin/poisen... and would make here more to the Queen of Poisen...

So pls pls pls do not use corrosive. 

38 minutes ago, xFlameHaze117x said:

i can't seem to grasp the idea of making spores corrosive, can't say i've ever heard of certain spores being corrosive in any sort of context.
other than that, i'm really looking forward to these changes 🙂