Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Saryn?

(PSN)LoisGordils

1 hour ago, DjKaplis said:

Well, now that she is here, how you feel about the update?

Depends on where you take her ^^

On the main star-chart she's at the point where if your build is too good, she'll almost counter herself like she used to before; hit Spore, spread Spore, everything dies almost immediately and chains on to everything near it, and you have to start all over again. The spread-on-death feature ensures this effect takes a little longer, and kills a little more, but it does kill things too fast to really get things rolling.

Lash and Molt are now the best thing for running those low-levels, boosting weapons and melee up, and boosting your speed up to take advantage of them.

But when you get to higher level, that armour strip and the greater survivability of the enemies means that Spores really can go to work, combine that with a blast of Miasma to take care of the more difficult types. Lash, again, is key.

I'm personally really loving the changes, especially the new Molt... that quality-of-life boost to it is just so much better.

6 minutes ago, Cibyllae said:

I did not want these to get lost in the megathread, that is the reason for making my own topic. I will also post the other two spread tests I made here.

Saryn_Spore_Half_Range_On_Death_Sim_Test

Range: 145%

jqG7O.jpg

Saryn_Spore_Spread_On_Teammate_Kill_Sim_Test

Range:280%

q5VJ3.jpg

Saryn LoS Tests

10 hours ago, Cibyllae said:

ZjR4d.jpg

Saryn_Spore_LoS_Test_Solo_Hydron_Sedna_Wave_2

Links are working now

Proof Spore Spread is not affected by LoS

EDIT: This is the Sim. test I ran with equatable results. I apologize for the quality.

11 hours ago, Cibyllae said:

Here is a video in Sim of Spore interacting between two enemies without LoS. I'm working on another one out of Sim.

Saryn_Spore_LoS_Test

image?force_refresh=1526625194992

EDIT: I'll try and fix the quality on the next one

tl;dr

Spores spread on death from Saryn and Teammates

Spore range is halved when enemies die, this means your spread radius is half of what it is when calculating the range at which your spores will propagate when spores spread from enemies dying and not the actual popping of spores.

Spore Spread is not affected by LoS

On 2018-05-10 at 3:23 PM, GnarlsDarkley said:

You think so?

Enemies with 0 Armor (any good premade has 4x CPanyways) won't  be affected by the procs.

But with 3 procs of Viral (yes that is possible) enemies have only have 12.5% HP left.

Not hard math to know Viral is straight better

Viral procs have not stacked like that for years and I can't think of an unarmored enemy in this game that isn't made of tissue paper.

I am not sure how I am feeling about Saryn quite yet. Molt, love it! Toxic Lash, love it! Miasma well is Miasma still (though its used more because it now has Viral).

Spores though I am not sure if I like them or I just need more time to get use to them. They are good in their own way now, I will not deny. Though I am not sure if it beats my own preference for the easy cheap viral spread. I definitely feel like I am killing slower (at sortie levels) then previous Saryn and I certainly didn't need the molt spore holder function to do that. But yet I can't seem to put my finger on Spore spread either. I don't feel like I am infecting the same number of enemies (even with toxic lash) but I don't think its exactly LoS because I have seen enemies get spored that shouldn't even by enemy LoS standards. Definitely the single cast limitation is brutal though but I suppose its the only trade-off worth the infinite duration stack.

24 minutes ago, ZodiacShinryu said:

I am not sure how I am feeling about Saryn quite yet. Molt, love it! Toxic Lash, love it! Miasma well is Miasma still (though its used more because it now has Viral).

Spores though I am not sure if I like them or I just need more time to get use to them. They are good in their own way now, I will not deny. Though I am not sure if it beats my own preference for the easy cheap viral spread. I definitely feel like I am killing slower (at sortie levels) then previous Saryn and I certainly didn't need the molt spore holder function to do that. But yet I can't seem to put my finger on Spore spread either. I don't feel like I am infecting the same number of enemies (even with toxic lash) but I don't think its exactly LoS because I have seen enemies get spored that shouldn't even by enemy LoS standards. Definitely the single cast limitation is brutal though but I suppose its the only trade-off worth the infinite duration stack.

before using any skill saryn has, you've got to use toxic lash. it has become the center of the spore synergy where previous saryn was about molt synergy. damaging/killing any enemy while toxic lash is active instantly pops spores. i use augur reach, stretch, cunning drift, and my spore spread range is 30m which is more than enough just gotta maintain toxic lash which is now a universal self damage buff that applies to ranged weapons and x2 bonus addition to melee.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

14 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

before using any skill saryn has, you've got to use toxic lash. it has become the center of the spore synergy where previous saryn was about molt synergy. damaging/killing any enemy while toxic lash is active instantly pops spores. i use augur reach, stretch, cunning drift, and my spore spread range is 30m which is more than enough just gotta maintain toxic lash which is now a universal self damage buff that applies to ranged weapons and x2 bonus addition to melee.

I have been using Toxic Lash, there really isn't a lot of reason not to anymore. Even so my personal feeling of 205-250% Spore spread is... perplexing. I'm trying to determine if Spores are just killing too fast now giving me a "perceived reduced" feeling or if it is something else whether bug or feature. I still feel like it is slower overall (or at least more energy expensive) because despite anything people might have felt with toxin spreading it seemed to work fairly well for me. But there are a bunch of variables here with switching proc sources where Miasma has a kick now but it increases energy usage. That isn't necessarily bad but it is different.

It could very well just be adaption jitters that will resolve itself in time but it is what it is. At least Contagion Cloud is amusing to use now. hehe

14 hours ago, DjKaplis said:

Well, now that she is here, how you feel about the update? (Personally after testing except having a few bugs she still seems quite  good, just a bit different mechanics now)

Gonna copy this reply to the Saryn Feedback Megathread:

So far I find Saryn tons of fun. There have been some trade-offs, weakening here and strengthening there, but overall the strengths outweigh the weaknesses and have made Saryn better imo.

Spores are interesting. It's a lot more strategic than before and it gives you more benefit to focusing the spread of your spores than before. It makes the gameplay more engaging and rewards your focusing with scaling damage. I've always enjoyed Molt and the straight-up buffs are much appreciated. I wasn't really concerned about Toxic Lash's extension to ranged weapons because I prefer melee Saryn, but given this additon and the change to how Spores work, I'm gonna try her out as a ranged frame now as well. Toxic Lash's Damage Reduction on block was nerfed but she got a pretty meaty Armor buff, which is overall defensive buff for little tradeoff from TL. Miasma feels a lot better to me. It doesn't discharge Spores (and since Spores are infinite-Duration), so I feel more freedom in using Miasma. It works both at the beginning or the end of an ability combo now, and it feels way nicer because of this.

Ultimately, Saryn feels a little more intuitive and flexible in her gameplay, and the built-in minigame of Spore spreading feels more active and fun to me. Really nice update.

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

I wasn't really concerned about Toxic Lash's extension to ranged weapons because I prefer melee Saryn, but given this additon and the change to how Spores work, I'm gonna try her out as a ranged frame now as well.

I think we're gonna see some fun builds once the secondary/melee dual wield drops

Edited by Cibyllae