Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC, NA] Synergy Corps - Looking for new players for a unique playstyle

J0ND0H

I am very new to Warframe. I have only played for a few hours so far. I am so new I am even still working on getting comfortable with the movement. There is still a vast amount of the game I do not even know exists yet. I can already tell that I am going to spend a lot of time in the game. I want to find a few people to share the experience of exploring the game content with.

The purpose of this clan is to find people who want to play as a team and who want to help build a small unit where we can experience some camaraderie as we play through together. I would like to build a unit that feels like a sort of relaxed military unit or a community sports team. I want to have room for pushing for the best that we can be, but also room for relaxing and taking it easy. I want to develop our ability to communicate and play together so that we can take on challenges of increasing difficulty. I like building good habits and a good play-style and environment even before we "need" to do it.

I want to build a unit where it feels like we are really stepping into the role of a military operator within a team of people we can depend on. I have a bunch of ideas already that I want to try out and I am sure there will be more. I am also open to suggestions that help move us in a similar style. Some things we will probably try will be designating team leaders for missions so we can start getting used to communicating and playing in an organized and methodical manner. I want to try having some mission briefings so we can get everyone on the same page and so that we can get deeper into immersion with the game. I also want to try after action reviews (AAR) where we get a chance to reflect on what went well and what we can look to improve for next time. These sort of ideas are to help get us into the mindset of team members and operators. I want to start early on, so that we will have a chance to figure out what works well for us while the challenges are relatively easy. These don't need to be super long or complicated affairs, just a few comments to help us focus our game-play and improve both our performance and immersion.

In general I want to build a clan where we can establish a sort of comfortable, steady but challenging rhythm and tempo. If you are the sort that needs to rush through everything at full tilt, or if you get bored easily, then this probably will not be the group for you. I do enjoy getting good at dishing out focused, lethal, aggression and then pushing the boundaries of what is possible. I want to build an environment where we can focus on what we are doing, learn from our mistakes, and get better at the game. I want people to feel they have time and space to improve and progress at a steady pace. I don't want to be pulled along by people with hyper tempo play-styles. Any way you can have fun is a fine way to play the game. Some play-styles just don't mix well. For the sake of all of our sanity we should just be honest about how we want to play the game.

There is too much that I still do not know for me to start doing too much more planning than that. I live in the US but I have a fairly flexible schedule so I will likely be able to play with people from Europe sometimes as well. If other leaders step up in the clan, then there will be no problem having multiple teams running with their own individual leaders. I expect to get my brother to start playing as well soon so we will likely be doing a lot of this together if all goes well.

I do have some challenges to consider that I will be thinking about and taking feedback or opinions about. One thing I need to figure out is how to deal with taking breaks from the game. I expect to be gone for about 2 weeks next month because I am meeting some friends for a hiking and backpacking trip. I don't know how much a trip like that will disrupt team activity or how well I will be able to step back into the swing of things. I want to try to be flexible enough to allow for that sort of thing, both for myself and for other members. I will probably have a better idea about how that will work as I play the game a bit more.

I do also want to especially encourage newer players to join. I think it would be great if we could have a team of new players who can play through the game content together coming at it fresh. I don't like turning away people, but if all you are after is only 'end game' content then there is probably a better fit for you elsewhere. More experienced players can be helpful to help us get our bearings, but I don't want it to become the sort of thing where we are just always in their shadow. I want people to feel as equal in our progression together as we can. This goes for the clan upgrades as well. I want to get the sense of satisfaction from helping build the clan together, not just find it all bought and paid for one day. I want to take my time and enjoy the entire game. I expect to enjoy the process of working through all the systems, stories, and upgrades along the way. I don't want to be in a rush to get to 'end game' if there is such a thing. I want to take my time and enjoy the process of playing through the entire game.

From what I can tell so far, the business model is one of the strong points about Warframe. I do think it is right and good to contribute to the developers. I expect to spend a modest amount on the game, especially to open up some more slots. However, at this point I have no inclination to buy any of the frames or weapons with platinum. Working my way through the unlocking process is part of the game that I am actually looking forward to. I want to keep this clan very friendly towards people who do not want to spend a ton of money on the game. My intent is that absolutely no one should ever feel pressured to buy a frame, weapon, or upgrade of any kind. I will gladly encourage people to financially support the devs as they wish and are able, but I do not want anyone to feel like they need to spend money to keep up with the clan. In fact, I would prefer to recruit people who do not want to buy equipment, but would rather earn it themselves. It is likely that those sorts of people will have the mindset and play-style I am trying to recruit.

I view all of this as very much a work in progress. There are a lot of details that are not nailed down yet. I am sure we will need to find our way around issues and problems I have not even though of as well. I am open to suggestions and would be glad to hear what other people think.

I have started up a discord channel. If anyone would like to swing by and hang out, even if you don't intend to join, you would be welcome.

Discord link:

I am also learning to stream on Twitch. I plan to stream a lot of this game. If you would like to swing by and chat that would be great. I have not settled on a streaming schedule yet. The sort of response I get from this may help determine what will work best. For now, I will try to stream when I can and see what sort of interest or momentum we can build.

Twitch link:

Spoiler