Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Frame You Want Reworked The Most

cookieknife

Titania: only fourth somehow useful, but now even her fourth not that good anymore, and she so f slow!

Wukong: Defy + Rage combination is true immortability, but, unfortunetly, that's all he has

Ember: poor, poor Ember, just compare she to Nidus, Octavia or Harrow, she was destroyed, she's Mag now

Nyx: kind of don't have a reason to be in game anymore

Khora: is it to soon to ask for her rework?

3 hours ago, (PS4)zedlanik said:

Frost rhino are good they don't need rework or nerf .....nezha  needs lil rework 

Rhino's syngerys are purely augments where most if not all of the other frames have them innate. He should catch up with the times and get new augments.

Frost's bubble is the only full circle set and forget AoE that blocks line of sight entirely.

So maybe not full reworks but don't think for a second that a little tlc or a QoL update wouldn't hurt them.

Don't get me wrong they're good frames but they are starting to show there age a respectable bit and it wouldn't hurt to have them looked at.

Edited by (PS4)purpleskullgamin

I saw a lot of people talking about wanting a warframe or another reworked because they are/feel useless. While I agree with a lot of the points raised, I would actually say I wish Chroma got reworked, not for uselessness but because I feel he's got a lot of wasted potential.

My idea:
Chroma is supposed to be dragon-inspired. Dragons are mythological creature with dozens of different interpretations, but most interpretation agree on a few things: they are extremely powerful, extremely resiliant, breath fire or another element, and in most recent interpretation are capable of using magic.

How does Chroma represent this? he's got one useless breath ability, a mediocre defensive ability, an ability that increase his power based on the damage he takes... and one incredibly out of place ability to create a static sentinel out of a pelt he wears.

Now, Chroma's breath ability is useless. I don't think it can kill anythin above level 15.
his second ability can be useful at times, depending on how you use it and what element you've applied to Chroma.
Third ability is objectively his best, giving a powerful buff to both armor and damage. This is also the only ability I would say should stay as it is.
Now, my main problem with current Chroma: Effigy. This ability, quite simply, should not be on Chroma. it has nothing to do with the dragon inspiration, or with anything really, and it's an absolutely useless and needless ability. Personally, I would like either some type of exalted weapon (similar to Excal or Ivara) or a new type of ability that changes the form of the warframe (kinda like Titania does).

At any rate, Chroma is my favorite frame as concept and design, but he's nothing but a buff-fest. And even that is only one ability.
What I would like to see is the first ability completely reworked into something useable, the second allowing to change elements on the fly without needing to change energy color when held and another effect, similar to the current one when simply pressed (like Vauban's 2 or Ivara's 1). Third ability is good, too bad my idea to uncap it would be way too OP. Fourth one I have no idea how to actually make it both interesting, dragon-inspired and useful in-game. My ideas, as wrote before, are either a exalted weapon of some kind or a transformation into some type of dragon-shaped quadruped. Altough my second idea is probably not doable.

Anything that isn't Saryn....

How and why DE decided Saryn is next up for rework is beyond me.... She's in a good place right now, while other frames like wukong, titania, octavia (lookin at you... perma invis octs), etc are still unbalanced/ scales poorly/ feels lacking in some aspect or another.

DE, love you and all for your hard work but please check your priorities.... Other frames need way more attention than THICC momma Saryn.

Valkyr:

She's currently a one-trick pony in which improving Warcry/Eternal War becomes detrimental to Ripline and Paralysis because of range. I also feel her shields are a problem and she should not have them. She's also thematically missing a taunt or buffs that focus aggro on her.

Edited by Jarriaga

16 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Valkyr:

She's currently a one-trick pony in which improving Warcry/Eternal War becomes detrimental to Ripline and Paralysis because of range. I also feel her shields are a problem and she should not have them. She also thematically missing a taunt or buffs that focuses aggro on her.

It's actually kinda funny how many frames force you to pick/choose the powers you "keep" because their ability requirements are frequently so diametrically apposed. Which is kinda extra funny because apparently DE hates "dumpstats" (stats that can be tanked with no consequence because no skills really pull from them) but the opposite of that are the "dumpskills" that we too frequently get. Because our options are be mediocre at everything or just focus on 1-2 of the 4 abilities. Which ultimately results in a devstream that takes time out to cover an impending rework because no one uses (insert frames) (insert ability). 

Seriously who in their right mind is going to choose to be mediocre at everything instead of excelling at one or two thing(s)? 

Edited by Oreades

32 minutes ago, Tsardova said:

Anything that isn't Saryn....

How and why DE decided Saryn is next up for rework is beyond me....

Pablo explained that on stream yesterday. Basically, the main reason why Saryn got reworked is because Pablo was responsible for her first rework, wanted to improve on it, and had time to work on a plan. That's it. It wasn't some decision made based on a long list of pros and cons. It's difficult for me to be objective in this situation, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt(pun intended), but if you want to make sure your frame of choice receives enough dev attention you'll have to play one who you know is popular with them.

12 minutes ago, Oreades said:

It's actually kinda funny how many frames force you to pick/choose the powers you "keep" because their ability requirements are frequently so diametrically apposed. Which is kinda extra funny because apparently DE hates "dumpstats" (stats that can be tanked with no consequence because no skills really pull from them) but the opposite of that are the "dumpskills" that we too frequently get. Because our options are be mediocre at everything or just focus on 1-2 of the 4 abilities. Which ultimately results in a devstream that takes time out to cover an impending rework because no one uses (insert frames) (insert ability). 

Seriously who in their right mind is going to choose to be mediocre at everything instead of excelling at one or two thing(s)? 

Indeed.

Edited by Jarriaga

Titania, Chroma, Nezha, Wukong and Trinity.

Titania works well for certain things, but it is all about her #4 and everything else is pointless. They tried to fix that by making her skills useful to buff #4 through the augment but that augment is utter and total crap, it is simply counter productive in so many ways.

Chroma is just straight up boring and really fills no purpose that other frames cant do more reliably without gimmick mechanics.

Nezha is quite fun but he could use a rework for way better synergy between skills.

Wukong just needs a rework, simple as that.

Trinity is another snoozefest frame that just doesnt bring anything that is really useful.

As a sidenote I gotta say I'm psyched about the Saryn changes they have planned, they look very good the way they are presented. She didnt really need it, but a more simple and synergized Saryn I wont say no to.

33 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Pablo explained that on stream yesterday. Basically, the main reason why Saryn got reworked is because Pablo was responsible for her first rework, wanted to improve on it, and had time to work on a plan. That's it. It wasn't some decision made based on a long list of pros and cons. It's difficult for me to be objective in this situation, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt(pun intended), but if you want to make sure your frame of choice receives enough dev attention you'll have to play one who you know is popular with them.

Doesn't change the fact that Saryn is in a good place and there are other frames that should be prioritized.... yet here we are, with me questioning DE's priorities. 😕

1 minute ago, Tsardova said:

Doesn't change the fact that Saryn is in a good place and there are other frames that should be prioritized.... yet here we are, with me questioning DE's priorities. 😕

The point is that there are none, or were, at least for this particular rework.

8 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

-snip-

This is pretty much how I feel about favoritism when it comes to weapon types like Dual Swords and cosmetics like the ones for Excalibur. Like, good lord, we REALLY need to stop getting so much stuff for one thing. 

I guess we just have to accept the fact that DE, like us, favor certain types of Warframes and weapons when it comes to balancing, so some will take priority over others. We already know Saryn was looked at because Rebecca suggested it to Pablo, who's had everything for her already, and went with her because her Rework was the most well formulated out of the batch. That or Rebecca hounded him until he did Saryn, potato tomato.

The thing that irks me is a Warframe being introduced or getting reworked, and then DE not fixing all of their problems before they go onto the next thing. Take Atlas as an example, Rumblers don't scale and neither does Bulwark, despite one being an Ultimate and the other being a Defensive Ability. Titania is another example. She was released and ... got nothing in the means of meaningful changes. No innate vacuum for Razorwing, no balloon weight for Lantern, nothing. For some of us in the community that really sucks, because now we're stuck with a semi-decent Warframe that basically doesn't have one or two abilities for years or more.

Titania , Wukong , Nezha on kinda high priority imo.

Then touch up some stuff like Mesa's Battery , Nyx's Psychic bolts, Banshee's quake again cause people still spam 4 to death, Octavia's Metronome (full team invis out and find a way to kill spam songs)

I wouldn't mind a touch up on Valkyr but idk what to futz with her at the moment.

Edited by (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam

Ash.

I feel like his rework was rushed and not very creative. The new Saryn re-rework looks good (and creative;) so I hope Ash can get one like it some day.

Edit: Also rhino because his abilities seem dated. Just a slight tweak/change to his abilities. Maybe make rhinos charge look and act more like the Juggernaut from the Marvel comic books. It could act like a slower version of zephyrs first ability but instead of flying you are running and building up more speed while knocking/damaging everything in your path.

Edited by RoninJed

1 hour ago, Chronometria said:

Titania - I particularly hate those buffs on tribute, which aren't random as they are supposed to be....and I never really understand what they are.

Her buffs are borderline useless with no impact in the game and they're not random, they're given by certain enemy types. One of her buffs reduces the accuracy of enemies around her up to 50% (while she'll spend most of the time on Razorwing having high dodging chances already) and you get that from ranged enemies. A damage reflect back to the enemy, which goes against her whole kit of CC and dodging attacks and you get that from melee enemies. Slowing enemies buff, again while they're all CCd and you get that from heavy enemies. Increasing companion damage (again, being most of the time in Razorwing and you can't have a companion/sentinel during that) and you get that from enemies summoned like the kavat or kubrow ones from that Grineer beastmaster enemy for example.