Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Revisited 2.0 what to change back.

IfritKajiTora

I don't like the changes of Saryn, while she is my second favourite Warframe.
1.SPORES: OverPowered itself, boosting damage automatically by just casting it and spreading.

2.MOLT: Just for dodge, no more boosting spore damage.

3.TOXIC LASH: Just for adding more damage to weapons, no more boosting spores.

4.MIASMA: Viral is fine (you can say that it's doubling the damage to health), But now Toxin or Viral doesn't boost the damage which was cool.

So it's just like
Saryn need to cast Spores, hit once and Spores will spread to enemies boosting them self. Saryn now can sit and wait for spores to build the damage.

CHANGES IT SHOULD GET:
1.SPORES: are too overpowered on itself. 50% corrosive status on 100% power strength, any enemy can get 3 spores so 50% corrosive status per second is insane. It should be changed to 25-30%. And not boost damage itself. Spores can be buffed by adding Gas and Toxin damage as it was before (but with reduced %. My Ogris deals around 15k gas damage so adding it to spores not to mention AoE hitting even 8 targets by one shot would be insanely OverPowered) I think that infinitely boosting spores will be OverPowered too it need damage limit. 5K damage per spore on 100% power strength. At damage limit changing the ICON to flashy toxical effect with your energy color choice on Saryn (just like NIDUS have), making it a signal that you can make full potential damage by casting Miasma if you applied Toxin and Gas to spores. This is the most important ability in Saryn KIT at the moment and get's really powerful with overextended builds going to 37.6 meters range spread. This should be changed to 25meters range not affected by power range, making overextended builds not mandatory

2.MOLT: Deals Gas damage and 100% status on explosion, this damage apply to spores. Explosion range affected by range mods.

3.TOXIC LASH: Deals toxin damage and 100% status, this add to spores damage.

4.MIASMA: it should be boosted by all toxin damage type (Toxin, Gas, Viral, Corrosive). Casting spores add Corrosive, Using Molt add Gas, Using Toxic Lash add toxins. So you need to use all her abilities to make full potential MIASMA DAMAGE. Probably it should detonate all spores with burst damage.

Why make range in spores not changeable by mods? Already Miasma and Molt will benefit from range mods to quickly spread gas in large area and Miasma will be able to damage a lot of enemies. Spores with 25 meters range spread is enough to be able to spread them in large area, not blindly shot one target and making them spread to all enemies even behind the walls. Overextended is bringing too much benefits (spores,molt,miasma), now it will not be needed, 145% range should be enough for Molt and Miasma, while overextended is a nice option for Miasma and Molt range.

TL:DR: Saryn still should spread GAS and TOXIN damage with spores, so 2 and 3 should be more usable, because they help boosting spore damage, you need to build up that damage to make it final NUKE with Miasma, not just cast spores, wait and sit for them to build damage by them self.

SARYN - The master of toxins.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

15 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

You posted in the actual Workshop Feedback thread, creating an entire additional thread to say the same thing is the definition of clutter.

posted it but made an official thread to make more sure they read it. And added more stuff. Came back and edit copy paste also there.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

40 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

I don't think they read it all.

It's easier to continue reading through a post dedicated for feedback than it is to find the hundreds or so posts of people who have "bigger ideas than others and need to be seen."

They're less likely to see this post than the one on the dev workshop. I do think DE could go a long way with a "post read" sorta thing. A pat on the back to put everyone at ease, because I know how it feels to "be unheard."