Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #111 Overview

[DE]Taylor

3 hours ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

So what's gonna happen to our melee rivens? Are you just gonna nerf their stats like range, channeling and combo duration???

Range will be nerfed, channeling would be changed or removed and combo duration won't matter anymore since this reworked combo meter won't decay so it will be changed

All range DMG seem to be nerf since fews months... i dont like it

Ember : range dmg nerf.... Ember is dead.

Banshee : hearthquake...

Next time : melee range nerf.... thks for guys who bought riven for scoliac many plat.... (Thks for after, people will need less plat to buy cheap riven after nerf...)
Next range dmg nerf :
Sarynn nerf ? (and equinox ?)

Continue to nerf the game and players will leave the game...

Stop to level down weapons, all warframe to have same dps, same range... The game will become so boring if all are the same.

The richness of warframe comes from the variety of weapons (range, power, style,...) and really different warframes (control, range dps, melee dps...)

And don't think that players will play more melee weapon after the nerf.... (the majority of player come in the game, if they dont have weapons or melee weapon, they wait and do nothing....)

Range melee weapons are really useful and important for weak warfame to be able to kill ennemies before they kill them...

but blocking gives purpose on my squishy power hungry frame, reducing damage with 80% while gaining energy with rage/hunter adrenaline, then unleash massive power blows after recharging my energy. So if blocking becomes auto channel blocking, then it'll just drain my energy to 0 before i can say "whose great idea is it to make channeling blocking a thing, i rather use my energy with my warframe abilities and kill every enemy in sight rather than stand there and reflect partial damage or wait for melee attackers so i can counter attack".

I rather see that every Heavy Attack eats energy per swing like the old channeling so that maybe people won't go crazy just doing Heavy Attacks only combo and make Precise Blocking and eats a set energy to counter attack a thing (like maybe double tapping the block key when triggered to counter attack), making the Auto Parry Mod and Parry Mod synergize when hit by a melee, that's more melee combat intuitive rather than, "oh hey let's nerf blocking by eating all the players energy... huehuehue, that'll be a riot"

5 hours ago, YuiTheOnlyOneForMe said:

but blocking gives purpose on my squishy power hungry frame, reducing damage with 80% while gaining energy with rage/hunter adrenaline, then unleash massive power blows after recharging my energy. So if blocking becomes auto channel blocking, then it'll just drain my energy to 0 before i can say "whose great idea is it to make channeling blocking a thing, i rather use my energy with my warframe abilities and kill every enemy in sight rather than stand there and reflect partial damage or wait for melee attackers so i can counter attack".

I rather see that every Heavy Attack eats energy per swing like the old channeling so that maybe people won't go crazy just doing Heavy Attacks only combo and make Precise Blocking and eats a set energy to counter attack a thing (like maybe double tapping the block key when triggered to counter attack), making the Auto Parry Mod and Parry Mod synergize when hit by a melee, that's more melee combat intuitive rather than, "oh hey let's nerf blocking by eating all the players energy... huehuehue, that'll be a riot"

Yeah, that was always the problem of channel blocking, it was undone by its rather higher than needed energy costs making it not functional for protection; and enemies do high damage compared to our life totals, not their own so damage return would have to be quite significant to be meaningful - similar with the previous Thorns type ability Vazarin had in the previous focus which Unairu has a lightly improved version of for some reason.

re: Nidus, I thought that was Mesa or Ash, maybe excal, these skins are starting to confuse me as to what frames i'm looking at.
re: Obstacle course: much smaller, much less stylish, also it seems like what I'm looking at is that the player can see the entire obstacle course from the gate, which is not a good thing. Very interested to see how this works though, could be a lot of fun.
re: melee changes: *holds breath*

On 2018-05-12 at 5:34 AM, [DE]Taylor said:

Web_Devstream111_NewsHeader_V01.jpg

While the majority of the Dev-team is sworn to secrecy on various projects, we still have some exciting things in the works that we wanted to share! If you want to learn more about the Dojo Lighting remaster, Nidus Deluxe Skin, Melee changes, and more, you can do so in our overview: https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-111-overview

er, so what if I finish the whole dojo parkor race with my operator? Since operator transference is available

Archived