Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Onslaught mode efficiency problems.

(PSN)robotwars7

tried Onslaught for the first time today, doing about 15 games in total. in only 2 of those games did me and my friends make it past Zone 8 (and neither time did I get a Khora BP sadly). now I'd be happy to admit it was my fault if I were handicapping myself with low gear, or wasn't giving it 100%, but the truth is that it's not. I tried multiple, powerful loadouts, frequenting Mesa, Soma prime, AkLex Prime and Galatine Prime, all powerful weapons, all heavily invested in. yet despite consistently one-shotting some enemies even at lvl 60, the efficiency Drain is just too damn high and reaches zero well before Zone 8.

the first 4 Zones are easy, perhaps too easy: enemy spawns can be somewhat low and they drop like flies, but then suddenly in Zone 5 Efficiency starts taking a major nosedive. me and my team were always making sure to pick up every single Efficiency Stimulant throughout each Zone, yet after Zone 5 we almost never have enough Efficiency to last through zones 6, 7 and 8. I'm starting to believe there is something inherently wrong with the efficiency system, that the drain is just too high. even with entire mobs dying at once, we're lucky to get even 1% efficiency back. I have no Idea how anyone can reach Zone 8 without using the utmost meta gear, and bearing in mind, this is only the Normal Onslaught. the problem is exactly the same in Elite Onslaught, the only difference being that you get harder enemies from the get-go.

if there's some kind of secret setup that I need, or something I'm missing, then please, feel free to share it, enlighten me on how to reach wave 8 without needing a full squad all using the most powerful weapons in the game. as it stands, there just aren't enough enemies in some rooms to keep the Efficiency counter ticking, and even when I'm getting swarmed and fending them off with no problems, the Efficiency just continues to plummet. I think some changes are needed in order to make Zone 8 a little more achievable.

- add more enemies: the problem is with the efficiency counter, not the enemies, I'll gladly fight off as many enemies as you can throw at me, and as long as I can kill them, I should be granted an increase to efficiency. that's how the game is supposed to work right? if you want me to kill enemies, give me enemies to kill! this would just require spawn tweaking, rather than fiddling with efficiency numbers, so for anyone who disagrees with me and thinks the Efficiency system is fine, you get to keep it as is and everyone else gets a chance as long as they can kill enemies fast enough

- adjust efficiency values: the most obvious and direct approach if Spawn adjustments aren't an option. either a reduction of the speed at which Efficiency decreases over time, or an increase in the amount of efficiency given with each enemy killed (or preferably, both). I believe these values were already tweaked once before, but I believe they need looking at again.

- adjust Efficiency Stimulants: I understand that having them decrease in number as you progress adds to difficulty, and I am fine with this, but with the current efficiency drain, I'd say about 3 or 4 of those things are needed in ones 6 and 7, not the 3 or 2 that we currently have. there's also the problem of them being far apart in larger rooms, which is just more of an annoyance than anything. I believe that the values should be increased, perhaps doubled, as a means of countering the efficiency drain.

as it stands, I don't currently see any way of reaching Zone 8 in the normal Onslaught mode, let alone Elite mode, and that's the one I was most looking forward to for getting the Braton and Lato Vandals. but as it stands, no matter how fast or how many enemies I kill, there's no way of keeping that Efficiency counter up long enough. if anybody has any tips or recommendations as to what i should do to reach Zone 8, (best equipment, tactics etc.) let me know, I'm open to suggestions.

the main issue is..DE does not want us to be staying in a single round for more than 8 zones....apparently players were staying until 40-50 zones (nor sure if normal or elite).

While this is and endless mode, DE themselves have said it is meant to be arcade like in short bursts....which is why the insane ramp-up of enemy level and efficiency decay (though its locked at a max of x6..the longer it takes to kill the higher the drain seems)...after the more recent hotfixes, most PC players have only been able to get to zone 8-12 before not being able to keep up any longer.

personally, I've only ever been able to get to zone 8 or 9 at the most with the changes...before them i was getting to zone 12 (and getting FAR more focus per run than i am now...and kills (just between zones 8 to 12 i was getting nearly 3k more kills than zones 1-8...pre nerf...which equaled for me roughly 150k focus...now, now i only get maybe 50k a run in 8 zones...if im lucky and get corpus or infested the majority of the time

That being said, Ive only ever done it solo...its rare for me to pug anything and even moreso for my clanmates to be on wanting to play warframe.

TL;DR, basically there's either not enough enemies, or the efficiency goes down too quickly. I don't know how people are getting to 1m+ points because at about 400-600k enemy spawn rate drops and efficiency drop rate feels like it doubles lmao, it's ridiculous and almost unplayable.

• 3 weeks later...