Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slide Attack Meta Might Not Go Away, Here's Why

Cibyllae

DdZOQ.jpg

Scott_On_Combo_Meter_Tiers

Tl;DR No longer is it going to take an exponential amount of hits to get to 5x multiplier and higher. It is going to take a, "set amount between tiers."

latest?cb=20171007154130

Using Relentless Combination can expedite this process

Plague_Meme_War.png

EDIT: For everyone who does not understand the Crit on Slide Attack stat, it adds additive base critical chance to your slide attacks

Additive Ex. 

You gain 100% additive critical chance on your weapon with a base critical chance of 25%, how much critical chance do you have?

25+100 = 125% total critical chance

Multiplicative Ex.

You gain 100% multiplicative critical chance on your weapon with base critical chance of 25%, how much critical chance do you have?

25 + (100% of 25) = 25 + ( 1 x 25) = 25 + (25) = 50% total critical chance

Critical Chance on Slide Attack is Additive not Multiplicative

latest?cb=20180502202556

Blood Rush is Multiplicative not Additive but increases with your Combo Multiplier. So for every 1x combo you gain 165% of your base critical chance. With the ability to "get better combos, way faster," Blood Rush's effectiveness is not decreasing it is increasing.

ZjnOO.jpg

Scott_On_Melee_Dmg_Buff

Tl;DR Combo Multiplier only applies to heavy attacks, but the damage of all melees is receiving a "substantial" increase.

Disclaimer: I understand the changes put forth in the devstreams are always works in progress. The reason for me posting this is to spread information. It is not meant to persuade any tenno into believing something in one way or another. My titles are not meant as a point of argument, they are used to gain traction for the information I want to disseminate.

As a reply to: @SolarDwagon

@SolarDwagon: Long story short, stop making assumptions before an update happens, especially one with so little detail so far.
What we know for certain is

A) Melee will stop going through "walls" (What is a wall, will it go round corners of boxes, etc etc)
B) How combo works is changing. We don't know the details, all we know is that base combo is no longer meant to apply to quick attacks, presumably including slides.

That's basically all we know for certain

@Cibyllae The changes put forth so far are not going to make the the slide meta go away. Yet everyone in the devworkshop topic about the melee changes thinks it is enough to make it go away. I'm simply giving information to show why that is not true. I'm not defending or attacking the slide meta, I'm simply sharing information as to why the changes we have been given so far are not enough to make the slide meta go away.

EDIT: *Maybe the title was a bit* too much* Changed From "Slide Attack Meta Won't Go Away, Here's Why" to "Slide Attack Meta Might Not Go Away, Here's Why"

Edited by Cibyllae
I don't feel so good

You know what will slow down the slide attack meta ?

• Melee won't hit through walls
  • Range mods will get nerfed
  • Combo won't scale your damage anymore

And we currently don't know if blood rush and the likes will still work the way they do, maybe they'll just apply to charge attacks.

Maybe additive crit chance will be changed aswell (I hope so)

Edited by Trichouette

5 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Range mods will get nerfed

But base range gets increased

6 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Combo won't scale your damage anymore

But genral stats get increased and no one knows what will happen to Blood Rush

27 minutes ago, Cibyllae said:

Disclaimer: I understand the changes put forth in the devstreams are always works in progress. The reasons for me posting this are to spread information and are not meant to persuade any tenno into believing something in one way or another. My titles are not meant as a point of argument, they are used to gain traction for the information I want to disseminate.

Edited by Cibyllae
I don't feel so good

il y a 1 minute, Kyoresh a dit :

But base range gets increased

That probably won't be as huge as current range + range mods

il y a 2 minutes, Kyoresh a dit :

But genral stats get increased

Yes but no more infinite scaling due to combo.

Long story short, stop making assumptions before an update happens, especially one with so little detail so far.
What we know for certain is

A) Melee will stop going through "walls" (What is a wall, will it go round corners of boxes, etc etc)
B) How combo works is changing. We don't know the details, all we know is that base combo is no longer meant to apply to quick attacks, presumably including slides.

That's basically all we know for certain.

Or some people can experiment with their loadouts instead butchering each other's play styles like they do on the website for every other game. These forums are for people who have experienced the content enough to give feedback. Not to spit in someone's face; because someone sees it as customer service they can abuse.

27 minutes ago, Cibyllae said:

Disclaimer: I understand the changes put forth in the devstreams are always works in progress. The reasons for me posting this are to spread information and are not meant to persuade any tenno into believing something in one way or another. My titles are not meant as a point of argument, they are used to gain traction for the information I want to disseminate

Edited by Cibyllae
I don't feel so good

9 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

The changes put forth so far are not going to make the the slide meta go away. Yet everyone in the devworkshop topic about the melee changes thinks it is enough to make it go away. I'm simply giving information to show why that is not true. I'm not defending or attacking the slide meta, I'm simply sharing information as to why the changes we have been given so far are not enough to make the slide meta go away.

Edited by Cibyllae
I don't feel so good

12 minutes ago, Cibyllae said:

The changes put forth so far are not going to make the the slide meta go away. Yet everyone in the devworkshop topic about the melee changes thinks it is enough to make it go away. I'm simply giving information to show why that is not true. I'm not defending or attacking the slide meta, I'm simply sharing information as to why the changes we have been given so far are not enough to make the slide meta go away.

You say that when they haven't even announced the full changelist yet. For instance, if blood rush no longer applies to slide attacks, the slide meta is at the very least less meta, since you're now sacrificing a mod just to do more damage on slide attacks, where you could use an elemental mod and do more damage on all attacks. Maiming Strike in itself is a good mod, but not insane. It's MS+BR (plus range and going through walls, oh look the latter part is being removed) that creates the current strength of slide meta.

1 hour ago, SolarDwagon said:

For instance, if blood rush no longer applies to slide attacks

Is that a change they have put forth so far?

EDIT

Like I don't know if you are ignoring what I'm saying or are just not seeing it?

1 hour ago, SolarDwagon said:
1 hour ago, Cibyllae said:

Edited by Cibyllae
I don't feel so good

30 minutes ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

Or some people can experiment with their loadouts instead butchering each other's play styles like they do on the website for every other game.

I often wonder why some (most) are so afraid to experiment with things.  They generally just copy a build they see on YouTube, use it like no tomorrow, and then complain about being bored and/or lack of content.  

All the while not knowing why that build or combination works.  This is just my opinion though and not facts.  :clem: 

Edited by Cibyllae
I don't feel so good

Repeating it doesn't make it more relevant.

We do not yet have enough information to make ANY solid conclusions, in any direction, about anything.  For all we know, slide attacks will only cause Inverse Crits, dealing (Crit Multiplier)-1 damage.  Or maybe standing attacks will deal SUPER DUPER CRITS, dealing (Crit Multiplier)999 damage while Slide Attacks are unchanged.

We don't know yet, and cannot make any sort of conclusion at this point.  "All the information we have" is next to nothing, relatively speaking.  Not to mention how far away any of these changes might actually be.

Edited by Vox_Preliator

Edited by Cibyllae
I don't feel so good

39 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

We don't know yet, and cannot make any sort of conclusion at this point.  "All the information we have" is next to nothing, relatively speaking.  Not to mention how far away any of these changes might actually be.

31 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Come on man.  The constant repeating in the same first page is getting on the childish side.  It's not helping your case or topic

People think the changes put forth so far are enough to kill the slide meta. You can find them all over the topic in the devworkshop. I've stated multiple times that this is incorrect, the OP has the evidence as to why this is incorrect.  I've stated multiple times I am neither defending or attacking the slide meta. I'm not disagreeing with the notion that we can't draw conclusions about the totality of the melee changes. We can't do that for the simple fact that they are not all out yet. I'm simply refuting the idea that the melee changes put forth so far, are enough to kill the slide meta like everyone believes. Will future changes to come be the nail in the coffin? No one can answer that question with a yes or no. Maybe not even scott can answer that question because maybe he doesn't know what he wants to change. But that's not even what the topic at hand is about. This topic is about what we know right now, and from what we know right now the slide meta isn't going away. Can that change? Of course. If you can find a quote of me saying that the slide meta will never go away, please find that quote and put it in your reply.

Edited by Cibyllae
I don't feel so good

Uhhmmm, what was the point of quoting me for that.  None of what you said applies to my statement.  A statement which was meant to help you in the end.  

Now, as for the melee changes, those won't bother me at all or in the least.  It would actually be a buff to my playstyle.  I solo and use melee button combos.  The possible changes whether they happen or not, I can easily adjust too.  I might have to change my controller config a little or I might not have to at all.  Nothing more, nothing less.  

39 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Come on man.  The constant repeating in the same first page is getting on the childish side.  It's not helping your case or topic.

5 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Uhhmmm, what was the point of quoting me for that.  None of what you said applies to my statement.  A statement which was meant to help you in the end.

What I had been saying you seemed unable to understand. So I tried putting it in simpler terms for you.

EDIT: And it seems to have finally gotten through.

Edited by Cibyllae
I don't feel so good

10 minutes ago, Cibyllae said:

What I had been saying you seemed unable to understand. So I tried putting it in simpler terms for you.

EDIT: And it seems to have finally gotten through.

Please go back and READ the posts with my name on them.  Not once did I post anything that has been counter to your topic.  I am only DatDarkOne and not everyone that has posted in this topic.  Please don't confuse me with someone else.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
slight grammar correction

7 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Not once did I post anything that has been counter to your topic. 

No you did not, but you did not seem to understand why I was repeating myself. As you said:

18 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Come on man.  The constant repeating in the same first page is getting on the childish side.  It's not helping your case or topic.  

Edited by Cibyllae
I don't feel so good

I still don't see what purpose you intended this thread to have.

We know nothing.  We know that we know nothing.  We know that what has been shown is a fraction of what will be, and that everything shown has the possibility of being scrapped.  If someone believes that the stated changes will both not receive any other modifications between now and implementation AND will somehow be enough to remove the slide meta, that's not really relevant, because the changes are not complete.  We don't even have an actual Dev Workshop on it yet, just a quick heads-up stating a few of the goals they're going to be tackling and how they might hope to do so.

Anything at this point, whether you believe it to be incorrect or not, is speculative at best.