Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 3.0 Notes feedback

(XBOX)XGN DrFeelGood

While we are ahead of ourselves now before these patches get to their second draft, added to PC, mildly become readjusted on the 3rd draft, come to console, and maybe stand at a 4th draft it leaves room for debate. For 5 years Warframe has been Warframe. Not Monster Hunter, Nor Destiny, Dark Souls, For Honor, not even Star Wars. This is another round of "The game needs to be more realistic". Here is a game that was realistic and still was balanced: Red Faction Guerilla. A player could hit an enemy through the wall if it was not that dense or a certain material. Even in Warframe this has been fine for years. People had a problem with the Tonkor, Trinity 's endless blessing range, Quick Thinking, Argon Scope, and the other Shadow Debt upgrades that have been returned for a few times now for each platform to generate into the game. After the Primary and Secondary weapons got their buffs people waited or at east expected to see old and lesser used melee weapons get improvements.

1st to address is the new mechanics to the melee. Yes, while the weapons are being buffed the decentralised builds and removing the channeling to place it into the combo multiplyer it is likely to become less practical. Weapons that depended on the event upgrades to work or be improved are likely going to be set aside and not have any use aganst enemies above level 100 in their own forms of resistance. Although the idea is a 1st draft the buffs would have to be profound enough; so as a feedack topic it is a challenge to make melee 3.0 flourish; so people can still use their melee and exalted melee weapons in Sorties and longer play throughs against level 150+ enemies.

2nd is the stances and how the up and down work in the combos. The pause and hold mechanics can work; but the stance mechanics can use another look to ensure that it works all across the board. Used controllers and their circuit boards can struggle to perform a few combos that would makes the melee weapon types perform a finisher or a combo to make that weapon deliver in it's design. 

3rd on the list is some of the mechanics of the game that have been fun, unique, and creative in the game. These have been around for a long time. People suddenly had a problem with gas damage. Then the uproar created around the way some characters play has made the game more confined to the lack of appreciation of other players.Hitting a enemy through a small and medium width wall has been no issue and it has been a normal thing.

4th The range needed a measurement for each weapon; so people can get a fuller understanding of the weapons better instead of releasing a debuff to range on all weapons to make anything hit in a arm's reach than point blank. That is another issue that conflicts with Warframe being allowed to be Warframe.

5th Maiming Stike hasn't caused any loss nor harm to other players.   It's been a joke to call it Meme Strike and hate it as a joke. In American football it is like making a team good enough to beat the Patriots and people hate them for putting so much investment to achieve. "Spin to win" was another joke. People have found it useful to rev up Berserk on Melee weapons and put other melee weapons to use in the game. Throwing out a 2 year upgrade because a few people were spamming on the website about it isn't the solution. The interns who want this upgrade to be removed might even be part of that biased crowd. 

6th Warframe has to grow as a game and throwing around another 2016 level of spring debuffs is just going to make the game shrink and lose revenue. The Sacrifice quest will take more time to be put out if a portion of the spenders stopped funding the game they supported. 

In short, this draft has to be put through more review. This seems like a strong sounding rant as a feedback post; but it is intended to help the Developers make Warframe better anywhere it possibly can and to fix any bugs. The developers are getting gray hairs from so many new players and other unsatisfied people demanding and spamming the forums for debuffs. As developers of the game there is the power to tell them "No" and have them appreciate the hard work to make this product a disiplined art piece.

• 2 months later...

I love your train of thought. And I wish to god that this game continues. And I think that some things need to be addressed but mainly do not debuff so everything is even buff so the bad are just as good as the good and good levels. Except for newer players weapons and let them build up to our power. Another thing DE think people who have been playing will continue to, newer players may not like it so focus on vets and not noobs.

On 2018-07-31 at 7:24 PM, ChaosSabre said:

So basically oh no I can't use my maiming strike anymore without knowing how new changes will even affect non spin to win playstyles?

It is not just that they are taking it way. But think back on how many weapons we're nerfed because of it, mainly telos boltace ( might have spelled that wrong.) So now we are going to be crapped on even though I put real money into getting that weapon and mod. So it is that I got something for money, people like you started whining and complaining and now about $50 has been wasted. (Some on the mod some on the weapon.) Similar things happened to synoid gammocor, people spent 1000+ plat on it and people like you said I do not like that. So money wasted thanks to people like you.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Timmy_642 said:

... I put real money into getting that weapon and mod. So it is that I got something for money, people like you started whining and complaining and now about $50 has been wasted. (Some on the mod some on the weapon.)...

If you were willing to spend $50 on a single mod/weapon combo you probably knew it was broken and were looking to abuse it. So, you probably should have figured it would be nerfed eventually because that's what happens. And if you didn't know it was broken, and were just dropping fifty on it because you wipe your butt with fifties then, hey, no real loss because you're tossing fifties at any old garbage.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-08-02 at 5:45 PM, ChaosSabre said:

If you spent 50$ on a mod you probably should know it might be a bit broken. Though I got no clue why any sane person would spend 50$ on a mod.

And let's be honest the old Telos Boltace was broken even without Maiming Strike.

Nothing is broken it worked just fine but some other weapons just were not as good.

On 2018-08-02 at 2:38 PM, (XB1)HAPPYHapyJ0YJoy said:

If you were willing to spend $50 on a single mod/weapon combo you probably knew it was broken and were looking to abuse it. So, you probably should have figured it would be nerfed eventually because that's what happens. 

Stuff gets needed because of people like you.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Timmy_642 said:

Stuff gets needed because of people like you.

Actually the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Which means that as people flock to something that's broken (and obviously it was, and you knew it was, or you wouldn't have spent that much trying to get it) it becomes more of a problem, thus requiring action. If something is less known or used it's less of a priority and developers will be more likely to let it slide for a longer period, possibly indefinitely.

Which means stuff gets nerfed because of people like you.