Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harrow Penance "Ear Ringing"

SinKershel

Can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remove this ? So annoying.

Also, question DE : Do you have a sound director ? You guys want to give Saryn a voice ? Ear Ringing after a ability ? I can't believe the person who thought it would be a good idea is actually playing the game.

Offer me a job DE, minimum salary + paid travel between Montreal and T.DOT. once a month and I'm in. Sorry sound director guy.

thanks.

5 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Sounds like you are sensitive to high sound frequencies. There is indeed a ring there, but most people would not find it painful. Until they change it (if ever), you have no choice I but to play with reduced volume sound effects.

It ain't "painful". It's annoying.

Why would they keep it ? It's one of the most annoying sound ever and should only be used when i walk on a flashbang or a grenade just blew next to me.

Not like people are gonna be sad that the ear ringing is gone.

Edited by SinKershel

I know the tone you are talking about, but am afraid it doesn't cause me the same level of discomfort as it does yourself. It is a high pitched and sorta annoying but no pain on my end. I would conside N7 Leonhart's advice the most sound in this case.

9 minutes ago, Urlan said:

I know the tone you are talking about, but am afraid it doesn't cause me the same level of discomfort as it does yourself. It is a high pitched and sorta annoying but no pain on my end. I would conside N7 Leonhart's advice the most sound in this case.

I work in a recording studio. Never should you say "well if anybody hates that high pitch noise, they can turn the volume of the whole thing down".

That is not a solution.

I don't wanna turn my gunshot volume down because of one ability on one frame.

7 minutes ago, SinKershel said:

I work in a recording studio. Never should you say "well if anybody hates that high pitch noise, they can turn the volume of the whole thing down".

That is not a solution.

Fair enough, what would you suggest DE's Sound team do without putting out Hotfixes in the short-term? Perhaps a sound change for this next 'Mainline' coming this week; what would be the best solution for DE in the short-term, given your experience in a sound studio?

3 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

Didn't even notice it until you mentioned it.

Delet this thread.

Not deleting, maybe you need to clean those ears bro-dog.

I was playing at a friend's house yesterday, he was 8-10 feet away on his sofa  and he was hearing the high pitch from my laptop speakers.

talking bout "there's flashbangs in Warframe ?"

Maybe some of you guys don't care because you don't hear it, but from my point of view, it shouldn't be there.

You use Penance every minute or so. It's repetitive, it's annoying.

/thread

1 minute ago, Urlan said:

Fair enough, what would you suggest DE's Sound team do without putting out Hotfixes in the short-term? Perhaps a sound change for this next 'Mainline' coming this week; what would be the best solution for DE in the short-term, given your experience in a sound studio?

Oh, short term I don't care. I ain't in a hurry. But it's something that needs to be addressed in my opinion.

I would entirely remove the ear ringing. Since most people don't even hear it.

I'm even surprised someone said in the thread that he likes that sound. But hey, some people like getting chained and whipped sooooooo, i guess there's something for everyone.

Honestly, I thought community would pretty much agree with this.

I ain't asking to remove a song. It's one high pitch noise at the end of one ability.

23 hours ago, SinKershel said:

That is not a solution.

They could add an option to clip some frequencies. There are a lot of gun fire reports that are hard on the ears, yet lowering the volume impairs the value of other sounds.

DE should provide player a way to enjoy the game without damaging their hearing.

On 2018-05-13 at 12:47 PM, SinKershel said:

It ain't "painful". It's annoying.

Why would they keep it ? It's one of the most annoying sound ever and should only be used when i walk on a flashbang or a grenade just blew next to me.

Not like people are gonna be sad that the ear ringing is gone.

Hey, Harrow main here, and just because it's annoying to one player doesn't mean it's annoying to others. 

Developers shouldn't have to feel obligated to bow to your every whim because you find something "annoying." Turn down game volume, problem solved. I find the ringing noise barely noticable while in the middle of heat in battle. 

5 hours ago, (XB1)Mythical Warden said:

Hey, Harrow main here, and just because it's annoying to one player doesn't mean it's annoying to others. 

Developers shouldn't have to feel obligated to bow to your every whim because you find something "annoying." Turn down game volume, problem solved. I find the ringing noise barely noticable while in the middle of heat in battle. 

Next time you reply to a thread, read the whole thing before stepping in.

I already pointed out that "turn down the game volume" is far a solution.

Lots of people have no problem with nails on a chalkboard, some people feel like dying when they hear the sound.

I feel ear ringing falls in the same category.

Also, this is the feedback section right ? I ain't "asking the devs to bow down my every whim". Otherwise the list would be way longer.

This is something that I find annoying, and it's not like I'm asking a whole rework for a frame. I'm talking about removing a sound effect.

Some of yall came in the thread defending the sound like crazy. But i really doubt you would miss it if it was gone.

"Oh man, I miss that Harrow ear ringing after Penance, I'ma main Limbo now"

27 minutes ago, SinKershel said:

Next time you reply to a thread, read the whole thing before stepping in.

I already pointed out that "turn down the game volume" is far a solution.

Lots of people have no problem with nails on a chalkboard, some people feel like dying when they hear the sound.

I feel ear ringing falls in the same category.

Also, this is the feedback section right ? I ain't "asking the devs to bow down my every whim". Otherwise the list would be way longer.

This is something that I find annoying, and it's not like I'm asking a whole rework for a frame. I'm talking about removing a sound effect.

Some of yall came in the thread defending the sound like crazy. But i really doubt you would miss it if it was gone.

"Oh man, I miss that Harrow ear ringing after Penance, I'ma main Limbo now"

Hey, can you turn down the screeching about things nobody cares about? It's leaving a ringing in my ears.

3 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Maybe if you ask a little more nicely, they might consider it. But for now, it fits Harrow. No pain, no gain.

If that is the reason they put a ear ring with Penance, I get it, but still don't think it was a good thing to do on the long run.

You can compare the sound to a flashbang in first person shooters, but that's totally different. You don't get flashbanged every minute. Also the frequency is different, because FPS devs know that players need to endure the sound for the whole duration of the flashbang. Harrow is not long in duration but the frequency is very aggressive to the ear.

Warframe is a game where you spam a lot and the choice of sounds that goes with your actions is crucial to enjoying the game.

again, I didn't ask for Harrow to cast fireballs, rewind time and summon angels. I asked for a sound that is known to be hated to be removed.

13 hours ago, SinKershel said:

I asked for a sound that is known to be hated to be removed.

This is the first post ive seen that highlights it so its a very small portion of the palyer base that "hates" it :clem:

7 hours ago, Soki01 said:

This is the first post ive seen that highlights it so its a very small portion of the palyer base that "hates" it :clem:

I'm talking about the sound in general.

I'll try to put it into words you will understand.

It ain't in the "bird chirping" category, it's in the "nails on a chalkboard" category.