Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with Volt Capacitance build for onslaught

(PSN)TheDrift-

Question

So I am looking to fine tune my volt build for onslaught, I am planning on removing Primed flow...what to replace it with..?

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Volt_prime/t_30_3402200030_1-2-10-4-6-5-6-3-5-34-8-5-46-1-5-411-5-10-479-4-10-519-7-3-615-9-5_f-f-46-6-1-14-6-6-479-7-411-16-4-9-519-9-34-14-615-9_0/en/1-0-36/

Contenders....

• Auger secrets More Damage (630 to 738)
  • Energy conversion...Even more damage (630 to 855 on orb pickup)
  • Auger reach...more reach (47m to 53m)
  • Streamline more efficiency (100 cost to 70)

I tend to run zenurik so energy is less of a problem leaning towards one of the first two...

Any help appreciated Tenno's 🙂

*Edit should also add not looking to go much further than round 9 in elite 

Edited by (PS4)TheDrift-

8 answers to this question

In my oppinion you should try Streamline, even if you'll not have energy problems with Zenurik, still you need some time to replenish 100 energy to your Discharge and the time is precious in Onslaught. Also to consider what arcanes you are running, if you have an Arcane Energize (max rank). You could take some Vitality mod instead of Redirection, the reason is simple, shields for now are not that good, HP and some extra armor are great to have (for example Vitality + Arcane Guardian will have you up for more time, than Capacitance).

Edited by Cryone

I would not use energy conversion. The bonus is much too inconsistent.

If you plan to use Capacitance as your main way of dealing damage, you will need to cast it many times. Increased efficiency then becomes more important than a little extra damage per cast. Better to cast more times. Thus, Streamline would be my suggestion.

Also I could add: In Onslaught, kill speed is of the essence. Capacitance is not a very quick damage dealer, nor very strong in your setup. You will have to complement it with good weapons.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)AlingsasArrende said:

Capacitance is not a very quick damage dealer, nor very strong in your setup.

Eh, I've been using pretty much the same build and it cleared tiles easily enough, at least up to Zone 8.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)TheDrift- said:

my volt build for onslaught

Streamline = very yes.

Also, you may wanna swap that Redirection for Vitality,
otherwise those dang Mutalist Ospreys / Toxic Ancients / Noxeses
as well as the odd e.g. Eviscerator Slash proc will put an end to your zappin' real quick.

Edited by NinjaZeku

1 minute ago, NinjaZeku said:

Eh, I've been using the same build (plus Streamline) and it cleared tiles easily enough, at least up to Wave 8.

Well, not very many enemies die from only 630 damage. Furthermore, since this is Electricity, it does lower damage to Grineer and most Corrupted. On top of that, as soon as enemies have some decent armour that damage will drop significantly. It will mainly just stun heavy gunners and bombards, e.g.. Thus, in most cases you would have to complement it for it too be reliable. But yes, it will probably work in the early zones.

Just now, (XB1)AlingsasArrende said:

Well, not very many enemies die from only 630 damage.

Have you ever used Discharge in its current form? It's pretty dang beastly.

That 630 is not the total damage, it's the damage per tick (with two ticks per second)
for the remaining duration after the initial 4.5 seconds,
and then there's also all the further (LOS-ignoring) chaining damage to enemies in range.

43 minutes ago, (PS4)TheDrift- said:

I always assumed the extra shields from capacitance were a % of volts total shields

Nope, Overshields are a flat +1200 max for all Frames / abilities (except Harrow, with his Passive for double Overshields).