[DE]Rebecca

Melee: Present and Future goals!

17 hours ago, (PS4)TheRallykiller said:

My new fear is that Melee 3.0 necessitates an enemy rework to be truly successful.  If you change melee mechanics/dynamics but you're still swinging away at the thing that behaves super-similarly to the same thing 3 years ago, I don't know if we'd really be able to gauge the success of the melee rework.

Can I launch a Bombard or Ancient on an opening strike if I have built up combo? 

What about bosses?

DE hasn't mentioned anything that I can remember about a Melee 3.0 + An Enemy Rework, but I think the two have to go hand in hand...

Totally agree. The rework must go both ways. I mean being a rogue-sword god-archmage means nothing and feels empty when hitting an aimbot, hitscan wielding, brain dead, bullet/blade sponge with @rse-pull-aura-power enemy. Fights aren't memorable. I forgot the link but I think there was a thread that discusses enemy A.I. and how it would greatly impact the game overall. I trust DE though. Tennocon reveal was mindblowing. Who knows what's in store for this rework?

• Like 1

I think that clem would have answers if he were here.

Also melee is too repetitive in my opinion. I shouldn't be in a looping animation for ten minutes. So a little variety in animations would be nice despite how monumental that is.

Edited by (XB1)Architect Prime

I hope you've seen MCGamerCZ's video on this, as his suggestion of giving each melee a unique mechanic (such as hammers and big earth shaking ground slams, as in a special move to use with the combo counter).

I think this would add a lot of value to the melee choices, as all would be good choices and only depend on player preference rather than solely stats like range.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx
  • Like 2

Are they forgot this, two months passed? any progress to show ? @[DE]Rebecca

Also, there are many secondary out there , some weapons not really buffed or very little improvement (ex: tysis, acrid, nukor and etc) , as a result, it still forgotten weapons, with high disposition Riven still not be able to save them.

Edited by ToKeSia

13 hours ago, ToKeSia said:

Are they forgot this, two months passed? any progress to show ? @[DE]Rebecca

Also, there are many secondary out there , some weapons not really buffed or very little improvement (ex: tysis, acrid, nukor and etc) , as a result, it still forgotten weapons, with high disposition Riven still not be able to save them.

They've prolly been working on sacrifice and tennocon stuff, so they're probably just picking it back up to work on.

On 2018-05-11 at 8:09 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Combo Counter minimum hits per tier adjusted significantly so higher tiers can be reached more quickly and easily. Combo Counter damage multiplier may apply to heavy attack only and all points are spent on attack

Isn't this an indirect nerf to Warframe abilities like Whipclaw, Slash dash, Exalted blade, Blade storm, Iron jab, Hysteria, Landslide? Since they gain damage from the Combo multiplier's damage bonus...and Augments like Rising storm and Surging dash lose their use for their abilities since the abilities won't gain damage from the multiplier any more. Will those augments be changed?

• Like 1

I hope Fist weapons get looked at.

They need to feel more devastating, even against groups.

Shield and Sword Stances also need looking at. The Eleventh Storm stance needs buffs.

• Like 2

any news ? maybe some info about the melee balance pass ? eagerly awaiting that change especially for some older weapons.

46 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

any news ? maybe some info about the melee balance pass ? eagerly awaiting that change especially for some older weapons.

They said it just need some final polish to some weapons

On 2018-07-18 at 2:00 PM, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

I hope you've seen MCGamerCZ's video on this, as his suggestion of giving each melee a unique mechanic (such as hammers and big earth shaking ground slams, as in a special move to use with the combo counter).

I think this would add a lot of value to the melee choices, as all would be good choices and only depend on player preference rather than solely stats like range.

Hey this guy(MCGamerCZ's) stole my idea! Although mine went even further and added special abilities even within certain weapons of certain weapon types.

Also, Melee needs to be made faster, not just cetain weapons,, all weapons need to be made faster. Of course while keeping the status quo of Heavy Blades and Hammers being slower than Longswords and Machete weapons, etc.

Edited by DreadWarlock

vor 16 Minuten schrieb IVSnakeVI:

They said it just need some final polish to some weapons

they talked about the complete melee 3.0 overhaul. i am talking about the devblog announcing the planned stat changes to the melee weapons.

16 hours ago, ganjou234 said:

I hope Fist weapons get looked at.

They need to feel more devastating, even against groups.

Shield and Sword Stances also need looking at. The Eleventh Storm stance needs buffs.

For Fist and sparring weapons, all that needs to be changed is that they need some footwork. they deserve to be more mobile than other kinds of weapons in order to make up for their small reach. They also need to be Fluid, sparring weapons need to have both combos overhauled, Brutal Tides has too few options, and the other one is immobile as a rock and fails to use everything at your warframe's disposition, it needs more roudhouse kicks or low kicks, it needs some painful unch/elbow attacks, knee strike combos with a upwards kick sending enemies away from you, setting them up for slide attacks. Rather they just need to play a bit of Tekken or street fighter, or King of Fighters really. I'm sure they have so many Ideas we might even get new stances from that. 

Edited by DreadWarlock
  • Applause 1

2 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

they talked about the complete melee 3.0 overhaul. i am talking about the devblog announcing the planned stat changes to the melee weapons.

i guess they will post that after the next devstream

One thing I'd like to see in the future for melee, is that the weapon stance mods actually effect how the tenno holds the weapon (the actual pose of the tenno when in melee mode).

We already have unique combo animations for all stances so we're kinda half way there already.