[DE]Rebecca

Melee: Present and Future goals!

18 hours ago, BeardyKyle said:

I prefer it to be revamped in order to be a more worthwhile use of mod space. 

Its debatable what is "more worthwhile".

In my experience such changes mean an overall much more flashy but less useful content. In some situations it could be definitely better but in overall we will lose the balanced and totally uniqe build options that are available right now.

I am against change iam against bad directions. Wf wont benefit from arcade gameplay.

I just wish, from the bottom of my heart, that we could do stealth finishers from almost all directions in this melee 3.0 revision. I wish we'll be able to stealth kill from both sides of the enemy and even from a bullet jump from below not having the need to perfectly align yourself at the back and waiting for that press "E" prompt. At this point we should have quick, chain stealth finisher's like in Farcry 3 or even better-- chain finishers like in Onimusha 4's parry to chain finish and Ninja Gaiden's charged heavy attack. I also wish for a universally applied instant weapon cycle button between last ranged weapon used and melee. I'll have faith in DE to pleasantly surprise me. All of the wonderful feedback before me must have counted for something. As of now, fingers are anxiously crossed.

• Upvote 1

I'm anxiously awaiting the next developer workshop post the devs promised in the last stream that would include some information about which mods are being affected and how. I'm assuming the channeling mods will be converted into heavy attack related mods, channeling multipliers will be replaced with heavy attack multipliers, and weapons will vary between said multipliers. 

I can only hope that they'll eventually look into giving primary/secondary weapons an "exilus" slot so that every mod can finally have a purpose.

Edited by Xaxma
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Csaszar said:

Its debatable what is "more worthwhile".

In my experience such changes mean an overall much more flashy but less useful content. In some situations it could be definitely better but in overall we will lose the balanced and totally uniqe build options that are available right now.

I am against change iam against bad directions. Wf wont benefit from arcade gameplay.

we don't really have a lot of unique build options right now. It's either crit or status builds with slight variations. You can build differently but it isn't optimal. I would compare it guns, in that we have a lot more viable options since they were revisited but the best mods will remain the best mods probably until dmg 3.0. 

I also wouldn't call it arcade gameplay. I think it will be fairly similar to god of war combat, albeit more simplistic. Think of it as a foundation, with melee 3.0 there's a lot of room for more flashy combos in stances, more variation in inputs, more fluidity. 

in the current system you have 3 combo string options in a stance typically. Those are set and there's no breakage in the combo or the input. However, with the new system i think it would be possible to have essentially the same strings with breaks in between animations, allowing for more combo options with more inputs while allowing you to transition without having to wait for a string to end. Functions more like a fighting style than a choreography imo.

2 hours ago, Xaxma said:

I'm anxiously awaiting the next developer workshop post the devs promised in the last stream that would include some information about which mods are being affected and how. I'm assuming the channeling mods will be converted into heavy attack related mods, channeling multipliers will be replaced with heavy attack multipliers, and weapons will vary between said multipliers. 

I can only hope that they'll eventually look into giving primary/secondary weapons an "exilus" slot so that every mod can finally have a purpose.

why it's everyone saying channeling is going away?  iirc they said  it's gonna be rolled into the new "devil trigger" mode and still gonna be called channeling

• Upvote 1

I hope they rethink using hold forward as a universal input. Getting stuck doing the same clunky combo on scythe and staff stances already sucks, applying it to all weapons isn't a good idea. The only other game I've played with 3rd person directional inputs was Seven Samurai 20XX, and that was just god-awful. DE, rip off the old Warriors games and translate square, square, square, triangle into keyboard inputs. Getting punched in the face left and right like Rebecca did because she got stuck spamming the same combo string didn't look fun. And I can guarantee you that people are going to macro air slam attacks. Spin2Win is going to become Bunnyhop2Win. 

• Applause 1

21 hours ago, kingdomeTHEMADcthulhu said:

that's not my point i learned and mastered my combos.  now there getting dumb ed down because the majority are ether to lazy or unskilled to learn how to use them  there is only one thing this could fix and i bet it wont fix it  (that being high speed screwing with ppl using combos looking at you volt ppl) anyway 99 % is over the first part

I empathize with your frustration, but I do think there's way more data and analysis behind Melee 3.0 than just "dumbing-it-down", making it for n00bs, whatever...

I get the feeling that there's a huge portion of the semi-active community at all ranks of mastery that just aren't using combos.

I remember farming for the Dakra Prime and Crimson Dervish just for the huge damage combo...but it never applied as well I hoped it would, despite tons of practice and perfect execution, to the mission types as well max range Orthos spam, and eventually spin-to-win (which I've never done because I don't have the mod).

In response to some of the channeling comments above...

It IS great and CAN be powerful, but the demand is greater than the payoff versus other methods of dispatching enemies.  It's not that IT ISN'T effective, it just lacks some of the stronger weapon/frame synergies that deliver similar results per unit time/effort.

Again, I wonder just how far they are into 3.0—was the what we saw a vertical slice, or a far-more developed system (from a foundational point of view)?

3 hours ago, BeardyKyle said:

why it's everyone saying channeling is going away?  iirc they said  it's gonna be rolled into the new "devil trigger" mode and still gonna be called channeling

Channeling as we know it will be gone. There's no footage or real evidence for "devil trigger" besides a quick mention. It's probably going to be a state you activate as opposed to what we have now which is a toggle.

This really isn't related to melee 3.0 since it seems alright to me. But I was thinking of the games current state. Which is that it's a bit difficult for beginners and great for those in the middle. And the ones that have done most things can't really find challenges. Personaly I'm not endgame level yet as the FASHION FRAME is still needed. But I have noticed that I can very much calmly do about everything. And so with the next big update bringing new content I can see a lot of joy since I can spam Fortuna and Railjack. But after the challange reappears, the dreaded content drought. My idea isn't much better but if you were to significantly increase the difficultly of the next quest to sortie 3 lvl. It would be more of a challenge. I'm not sure if the "New War" will give us a new planet but if there is one. Make it very difficult and somewhat rewarding. I say this because I'd rather not destroy eveyones build with some new meta. Personaly I think something along the lines of Arcanes in terms of power would be good as they are much more utillity than power. Or my favourite more exclusive fashion items. Like a whole set locked behind great danger. I suppose a Syandana and armor and a color set would be something the endgame boiz would like (and gals). Although I think risk should be a thing too. Like them adding a 24 or more debuff to all warframes. Something like what the dragon keys do but random and out of your control. Also I would like it if it was locked like some bosses are. At first I thought of just not allowing someone to taxi but having an entry fee of sentient cores wouldn't be bad too. I don't know how others think but personaly, I like working for my rewards. Which is why a game like warframe that is very grind heavy suits me. To anyone that read this... congratulations you're insane now...

4 hours ago, (PS4)TheRallykiller said:

I empathize with your frustration, but I do think there's way more data and analysis behind Melee 3.0 than just "dumbing-it-down", making it for n00bs, whatever...

I get the feeling that there's a huge portion of the semi-active community at all ranks of mastery that just aren't using combos.

I remember farming for the Dakra Prime and Crimson Dervish just for the huge damage combo...but it never applied as well I hoped it would, despite tons of practice and perfect execution, to the mission types as well max range Orthos spam, and eventually spin-to-win (which I've never done because I don't have the mod).

In response to some of the channeling comments above...

It IS great and CAN be powerful, but the demand is greater than the payoff versus other methods of dispatching enemies.  It's not that IT ISN'T effective, it just lacks some of the stronger weapon/frame synergies that deliver similar results per unit time/effort.

Again, I wonder just how far they are into 3.0—was the what we saw a vertical slice, or a far-more developed system (from a foundational point of view)?

will see i hope im wrong in this but unlikely

I wonder whether short ranged weapons like fist, sparring, claws, etc can get any advantages or not..?

Hope De Give us considerable options to pick those weapons even compare to long ranged spin-to-win weapons Despite short range.

Edited by lullul1635
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, lullul1635 said:

I wonder whether short ranged weapons like fist, sparring, claws, etc can get any advantages or not..?

Hope De Give us considerable options to pick those weapons even compare to long ranged spin-to-win weapons Despite short range.

I've always wondered why they dont give them claw combo counters

8 hours ago, lullul1635 said:

I can see stuff like this:

Advantages:

• Gapclosing combo (Block combo) has significantly longer max distance, making them highly suitable to fight spread out enemies.
  • Very high DPS, in various ways (rather high damage, VERY high attack speed, high complimentary stats)

Disadvantages

• Generally shorter attack ranges
  • Less use of "wide arcs" / "cleaves" in their animations, suffering a bit more in regards to fighting clumped up enemies, at least compared to the more longer reaching weaponry
  • Like 1

Fixing the range issue of ultra-short-range melees can be very simple. Just add a melee mod (or series of them) that adds (tiny) flat range increases, maybe swordbeam on Heavy Attack with flat range. Or, as a secondary benefit, it could boost status statistics (maybe status duration, opening up a few alternate Condition Overload builds).

I hope that Melee 3.0 will allow us actually AIM our slashes.

I have hoped from the start, that we could just aim and slash floor traps, and disable them using melee that way. (Always ground slamming is boring.)

And coptering units above us too. It's just weird, that we are not able to swing above our warframe head with melee weapons.

Or dealing damage to specific bodypart. (Head for example. Make melee headshots a thing.)

Edited by Ryuurik

My question is "is spin to win gone entirely? (will DE overnerf it) or is it still useable? (will DE logically nerf it)" Because I have seen many developers nerf something and make the mechanic completely unusable and make the players really salty about it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Williamwaitunnaing said:

My question is "is spin to win gone entirely? (will DE overnerf it) or is it still useable? (will DE logically nerf it)" Because I have seen many developers nerf something and make the mechanic completely unusable and make the players really salty about it. 

I'm curious about this too.  AFAIK it's still stacking with Blood Rush so people are still going to have the motivation to butt-scoot all over to destroy mobs. 

More importantly, given what's happening to channeling, maybe now's a good time to get rid 'Spin2Win' completely and give us a fun way to use slides (and crit-slides) that don't motivate people to CONSTANTLY use them (at least give it a cooldown timer!)  We channel-heavy sorts are likely losing huge aspects of our playstyle, no reason to let anything be a sacred cow with all that change, right?

Hey D.E.

What if for rage mode there was a cutscene with our operator having the man the wall take over their body and cover the warframes with void energy and give have the voice we use as our operators scream to show it's rage mode not to take the howl away from Umbra.

Just food for thought.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, (PS4)dzayobi605 said:

Hey D.E.

What if for rage mode there was a cutscene with our operator having the man the wall take over their body and cover the warframes with void energy and give have the voice we use as our operators scream to show it's rage mode not to take the howl away from Umbra.

Just food for thought.

Considering the state we found Rell in with Wally at least partially in control of his Merged Harrow body, I don't think Wally taking control of us would in anyway be a good thing.

• Like 1

Still nervous about my speed/crit build, and the fate of the gladiator modset.

Waiting for news about Melee 3.0 makes me want to climb back into the cryopod.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Ogarra_Remaellus said:

Still nervous about my speed/crit build, and the fate of the gladiator modset.

Waiting for news about Melee 3.0 makes me want to climb back into the cryopod.

me 2

22 hours ago, Urlan said:

Considering the state we found Rell in with Wally at least partially in control of his Merged Harrow body, I don't think Wally taking control of us would in anyway be a good thing.

It just to add him in because the only time we see him is our ship and after a few quests. I thought that it would be cool to get him a little more spotlight.