Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let us remove focus lenses from weapons/warframes?

issh0man

i know i can put a different lens on my weapon to remove the current one, but i've come to the conclusion that i don't want to use a lens on it at all after trying it out and i'd much rather not waste another lens.

it's fine if the consequence of removing a lens from a weapon is it getting destroyed or whatever, i just want it off my weapon. ☹️

please consider giving us the option to remove frames from warframes/weapons/etc, it'd be really great.

look up this topic, many threads on it, IT WONT HAPPEN for simple reason, it defeats DEs whole purpose which is to promote active gameplay, not make it easy for you to switch lens from frame to frame or weapon to weapon at leisure.

normal lens drop all the time in bountys, greater lens are a scource of income for DE, either buy greater lens or use 4 normal lens to make a greater lens, and eidolon lens promote plains gameplay, and you also need a greater lens to make 1, warframe is free to play they will always have gameplay mechanics like this to be able to scource plat income from players, which in turn promotes plat buying, they have to make a profit somewhere, and greater lens is just 1 way they do it

people like you would only ever need 4 lens(of any level) otherwise and you would just swap them around 24/7, how does that promote gameplay or plat spending? it flatout doesnt

Edited by xXHobbitXx

35 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Why?
You say you don't want any lenses on your weapons... but why?

i didn't say i don't want lenses on any of my weapons, i just meant that i don't want any lens on this one specific weapon only. not on literally all of my weapons, i just don't want a lens on my lenz lmao.

Then... why did you put one on it?

Frankly DE isn't likely to do this as people can accidentally remove a lens and Support very well might not be able to undo it, and I am unsure how they would feel about just giving people lenses in compensation when that can be abused to migrate a lens from one weapon to another. It also has potential for causing more grief to fix up if a player's account is hacked, to troll more the hacker can remove all the lenses from their gear just to irk the owner. Its just a messy idea.

Alternatively, you can re-built the weapon in question and potato/forma it back to what it was pre-lens. It's not fun, but that would give you back your "virgin" weapon. And it's a possibility in-game right now.

Edited by tprx

5 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Then... why did you put one on it?

Frankly DE isn't likely to do this as people can accidentally remove a lens and Support very well might not be able to undo it, and I am unsure how they would feel about just giving people lenses in compensation when that can be abused to migrate a lens from one weapon to another. It also has potential for causing more grief to fix up if a player's account is hacked, to troll more the hacker can remove all the lenses from their gear just to irk the owner. Its just a messy idea.

because... i thought it was going to be good for focus, and it turned out it wasn't? 

then don't give lenses as compensation and put multiple warnings in place like how it's done for trading to make sure you absolutely want to take it off. if the account is hacked i'm sure DE can confirm it and fix things for the person who was hacked?

2 hours ago, issh0man said:

because... i thought it was going to be good for focus, and it turned out it wasn't? 

then don't give lenses as compensation and put multiple warnings in place like how it's done for trading to make sure you absolutely want to take it off. if the account is hacked i'm sure DE can confirm it and fix things for the person who was hacked?

But it can be quite decent for focus gains for when you are using the weapon outside of farming? Why would you remove a purely positive bonus that has no drawbacks? Also, no, you'd be surprised what support is actually able and not able to do. Things they cant do themselves? Either they auto-decline support for that issue or they have to get one of the few devs available to take time out of their day working to help. DE only has ~170 developers in total, with a solid chunk of those working on their other titles besides Warframe. The less support has to bug them over, the better, and this type of thing adds more to the plate. Just saying, its possible this is exactly why they don't let you blank a weapon after you slot a lens on it. Why not just... ignore the lens and move on?

We should be able to remove lens from stuff and get to keep the lens and the gear.   Saying it forces us to choose or make decisions or whatever garbage is like saying Everytime we switch warframes or weapons they should be deleted and we should have to build a new one if we want to get back into it.  Yeah that would be pretty stupid wouldnt it??   So is how the lens work currently....  

14 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

But it can be quite decent for focus gains for when you are using the weapon outside of farming? Why would you remove a purely positive bonus that has no drawbacks? Also, no, you'd be surprised what support is actually able and not able to do. Things they cant do themselves? Either they auto-decline support for that issue or they have to get one of the few devs available to take time out of their day working to help. DE only has ~170 developers in total, with a solid chunk of those working on their other titles besides Warframe. The less support has to bug them over, the better, and this type of thing adds more to the plate. Just saying, its possible this is exactly why they don't let you blank a weapon after you slot a lens on it. Why not just... ignore the lens and move on?

homie i just want a way to get rid of the lens on a weapon, i'm not asking for an arm and a leg. just let me destroy the lens so that it's off the weapon, that's it. i don't need any reimbursement, i don't want any reimbursement, i just want to take the lens off my weapon good lord. 

57 minutes ago, issh0man said:

homie i just want a way to get rid of the lens on a weapon, i'm not asking for an arm and a leg. just let me destroy the lens so that it's off the weapon, that's it. i don't need any reimbursement, i don't want any reimbursement, i just want to take the lens off my weapon good lord. 

Then stop asking for a game wide change and file a support ticket.

19 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

You say you don't want any lenses on your weapons.

That's not quite what they said. They want one Lens removed from one weapon and then suggested an option to allow Lenses to be removed / destroyed as needed.

.. but why?

Why should you or anyone else care so much as to why they want the Lens removed?

17 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Then stop asking for a game wide change

I hope you realize that OP is asking for a change that would benefit the entire player-base, including you.

40 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

That's not quite what they said. They want one Lens removed from one weapon and then suggested an option to allow Lenses to be removed / destroyed as needed.

Why should you or anyone else care so much as to why they want the Lens removed?

I hope you realize that OP is asking for a change that would benefit the entire player-base, including you.

+1

This space-deer (sorry Oberon) gets it!

Destroying lenses if you want to would be a welcome option.  I don't want to see that annoying gold convergence globe unless I'm specifically looking for Focus, because passive "gain focus as you play" is a joke.  Convergence is just bothersome noise to me.  And to those who suggested it, no I'm not going remake my 7-Forma Rivened Amprex just to get rid of a lens.  You can do that if you want but who would?

3 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

No, it would serve absolutely no benefit to me, so good on ya there. I see no point in destroying a lens because if I didn't want one on a weapon, I'd not put one on there. As for my comment to OP, it was aimed towards them seeing help with their issue in a far more timely manor than asking for the mechanic being added to the game officially would, seeing as it is low priority. They could even report back with if it was successful or not if they cared.

7 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Yeah... got that, thanks...

Because it's a pointless request, they would rather have their lens destroyed than have it on... Even if it's not getting much focus, it's still some. I don't see the issue with just ignoring that it even exists, and getting that little bit extra focus when he is using the weapon.

En 14/5/2018 a las 21:44, tprx dijo:

Alternatively, you can re-built the weapon in question and potato/forma it back to what it was pre-lens. It's not fun, but that would give you back your "virgin" weapon. And it's a possibility in-game right now.

I was going to write the same thing.

But with one different opinion.

It IS fun.

On 2018-05-15 at 3:58 PM, NeithanDiniem said:

No, it would serve absolutely no benefit to me, so good on ya there. I see no point in destroying a lens because if I didn't want one on a weapon, I'd not put one on there. As for my comment to OP, it was aimed towards them seeing help with their issue in a far more timely manor than asking for the mechanic being added to the game officially would, seeing as it is low priority. They could even report back with if it was successful or not if they cared.

so because you personally wouldn't remove a lens, you don't see in any possible way why people would want to remove a lens off their weapon? adding this hurts nobody, if someone removes the lens, it gets destroyed and can't be reused. this way DE can still make plat sales from selling focus lenses, and the player doesn't have to deal with the flashing yellow orb anymore. i put the lens on my weapon because i thought it'd be good for focus farming, it's not, and i don't want it on there anymore. 

i'm not asking for them to give me my lens back, i don't care if it's destroyed in the process i just don't want it on my weapon no matter how little focus i'm still gaining from it. asking about adding this as an option, when plenty of other people have been asking for it, doesn't hurt. seriously, y'all are acting like i'm asking for something terrible when i'm just asking for a small feature to still be considered since a lot of people i know who play would like it added as well.

9 minutes ago, issh0man said:

so because you personally wouldn't remove a lens, you don't see in any possible way why people would want to remove a lens off their weapon? adding this hurts nobody, if someone removes the lens, it gets destroyed and can't be reused. this way DE can still make plat sales from selling focus lenses, and the player doesn't have to deal with the flashing yellow orb anymore. i put the lens on my weapon because i thought it'd be good for focus farming, it's not, and i don't want it on there anymore. 

i'm not asking for them to give me my lens back, i don't care if it's destroyed in the process i just don't want it on my weapon no matter how little focus i'm still gaining from it. asking about adding this as an option, when plenty of other people have been asking for it, doesn't hurt. seriously, y'all are acting like i'm asking for something terrible when i'm just asking for a small feature to still be considered since a lot of people i know who play would like it added as well.

And yet it causes more issues that the developers themselves would have to fix if an account is compromised since a support Zendesk member cant directly access your account to repair issues like this. I'm only stating why something like this likely hasn't been added before. Before lenses were difficult to obtain for a normal player, a lot more than a forma was. It was intended to also be a commitment install to your equipment, not a whim. They have changed the availability of lenses but as of yet have not expressed any interest in removal of lenses, destruction or not. I'm not saying they shouldn't do it, only said Id personally have no use for it in direct response to someone making a baseless assumption that I would. It isn't a high priority either, so I suggested trying support so you can possibly get some assistance with this issue sometime this year's quarter because I cant imagine DE just tossing this on top of their already busy release plans. Stop acting like I'm backhanding you across the face.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

2 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

And yet it causes more issues that the developers themselves would have to fix if an account is compromised since a support Zendesk member cant directly access your account to repair issues like this. I'm only stating why something like this likely hasn't been added before. Before lenses were difficult to obtain for a normal player, a lot more than a forma was. It was intended to also be a commitment install to your equipment, not a whim. They have changed the availability of lenses but as of yet have not expressed any interest in removal of lenses, destruction or not. I'm not saying they shouldn't do it, only said Id personally have no use for it in direct response to someone making a baseless assumption that I would. It isn't a high priority either, so I suggested trying support so you can possibly get some assistance with this issue sometime this year's quarter because I cant imagine DE just tossing this on top of their already busy release plans. Stop acting like I'm backhanding you across the face.

They are overhauling the entire UI. It seems to me that that is an excellent time to add these kind of QOL features. While I have certainly no practical coding experience...this does seem to be merely a question of adding a button in the menu where you can also add a new lens over an existing one...but...instead of adding a new lens...you actually  just destroy the old one. Doesn't seem that much work. And if they need an extra hour or two, three to do that...or delay the roll out of the new UI for 24 more hours...then I am completely OK with that.