Rework PvP in Warframe

Raven0X

12 minutes ago, Raven0X said:

this game surely does have the potential to  successfully implement it and bring many new players and old ones back in to the game

Do you imply that people enjoy or would enjoy WF pvp to the degree when they would consider coming back in the midst of content draughts?

Create PvP exclusive weapons:

Rework parkour on PvP

Balance all warframes to fit PvP

Create a detailed Map for PvP

(maybe even) Implement PvE in PvP

Combine that all and it would essentially be "Make a new game that uses some of WF assets"

why not create a unique combination of PvE and PvP

Because people have enough salt already?

Edited by Teloch

@Prof.549 Add PvP to warframe* Lol. @Teloch Well, there won't be content draught if they added new PvP content which is what this post is about (which is exactly what happened to fornite) and ... don't most successful games make the most salty players anyway?

Edited by Raven0X

@Raven0X The funny thing is that DE already went 1/2 way through the 'changes' you suggest. Results? 1-3 people playing PVP at any point of time in any of the matchmaking servers. Not much considering the 40k+ average daily online. 

Also, the problem of man-hours / budget distribution. All those dev resources can be dedicated to something that actually does pick interest of the playerbase (rebalances, new tilesets, new gear, quests) instead of wasting fortunes on trying to reanimate a corpse. 

And no, a game does not make players salty if successful, unless you play exclusively pvp games. And I dare to assume that DE doesn't want to repeat the mistake of the rail conflicts and ramp up the drama and toxicity of its already spoiled and childish audience. 

So, no. If you want PVP, then go play PUBG or Fortnite.  

Edited by Teloch

44 minutes ago, Raven0X said:

Rework parkour on PvP:

Disable sprint speed mods, maybe even slow down warframe's speed to 80% and limit parkour abilities. (Like limiting wall jump to 1 consecutive jump, or making bullet jump/sliding range shorter).

The movement system is the unique thing about Warframe and carries over to PvP. if you'd like a bland and brain-dead movement system, I recommend playing something of the likes any popular title which has minimal freedom of movement.

3 minutes ago, bungawunga said:

The movement system is the unique thing about Warframe and carries over to PvP. if you'd like a bland and brain-dead movement system, I recommend playing something of the likes any popular title which has minimal freedom of movement.

As rudely as they put it, I'm afraid they're right.

I hate Warframe PvP, but I also understand it's "Warframe PvP". If they changed up the movement speed and jump/bullet-jump restrictions it would be just another PvP game but with Warframe skins.

They could maybe add a PvP game-mode like it and see how it flies when they have the extra Developer assets and manpower available, like the weapon restriction modes, and I'd love to give it a try......but all the while I'll know it's not "True Warframe" as well. (Still, likely to do better than Lunaro.....That's....Sorta Warframe? Just hits too far from home though)

22 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

-snip-

The OP asked for opinions and I gave my angle on it, my description wasn't a directed attack but it was summarizing pretty much most of the PvP games available so I wouldn't call honesty rude. 

Why would you not want a wonderful movement system to efficiently traverse tiles in a manner as such with a bit of practice? See the clip provided.

Sourced from NNKanell

@bungawunga @Kyryo @Tangent-Valley @An8rchy @TelochI do find the replies a little rude because I even said in the post that I'm aware warframe is mostly a PvE game so there is no need repeat that to me and no one actually acknowledged what I said about making a Competitive PvE which I think would be really cool. Like hey, at least I'm actually making suggestions and like it or not Warframe does actually have the conclave so why let it sit there unused, maybe if done well more people would play it, like me and my friends. @An8rchy (It obviously wouldn't be just 5% if it was actually fun to play)

Edited by Raven0X

18 minutes ago, Raven0X said:

I do find the replies a little rude because I even said in the post that I'm aware warframe is mostly a PvE game

So don't get mad when you expect people to state it. I gave my opinion on how suggesting anything else to conclave is a bad usage of resources, so why feel that way by my opinion, im just a person on the internet.
Also, even if it was fun, the number would still be low, its not really rewarding to normal play and it doesn't even captivate veterans nor regulars. I feel most people don't even know that conclave is a thing. and if they do know it they will get into bad servers with people that play warframe for pvp for some reason. (unless theres an event there.)

11 hours ago, Raven0X said:

What about Implement PvE in PvP  -> Competitive PvE ?

PvE competition isn't a direct one, so all DE would have to do is adding leaderboards like the ones already being used for Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, endless missions, the glitched one in dojo obstacle course, the one for speed running hunhow's boss fight on octavia's anthem, etc. Anything else would be nothing but an attempt to turn warframe pvp into a different game that isn't warframe, as has already been pointed by Teloch.

3 hours ago, Raven0X said:

@Kyryo I do find the replies a little rude because I even said in the post that I'm aware warframe is mostly a PvE

ooh poor thing. did we hurt your feelings?

If that was enough to "seem rude" then you do not seem really fit for PvP, where players are much more rude and toxic 😉

Lootboxes, newp.

PvP only weapons with controlled stats and normalized damage, yep.  Banning or reducing melee, newp.  I love my melee.

Limiting mobility, newp.

Warframe balance is an ongoing thing...for which I personally think most frames are good to go except when new stuff is added like Khora...

14 minutes ago, Nighttide77 said:

Conclave is not the place for rude or toxic...it is a place for honor and respect.

Idk I haven't been called slurs or told to end myself in almost every other PvP games, and even in the ones I have it's been 1-2 times instead of several.. I can legitimately say Conclave has been the most toxic PvP thing I have ever played, and I can say that as someone who has played League for 5+ years.

28 minutes ago, Dusteon said:
44 minutes ago, Nighttide77 said:
51 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

ooh poor thing. did we hurt your feelings?

If that was enough to "seem rude" then you do not seem really fit for PvP, where players are much more rude and toxic 😉

Conclave is not the place for rude or toxic...it is a place for honor and respect.

Idk I haven't been called slurs or told to end myself in almost every other PvP games, and even in the ones I have it's been 1-2 times instead of several.. I can legitimately say Conclave has been the most toxic PvP thing I have ever played, and I can say that as someone who has played League for 5+ years.

Please, keep these remarks out of feedback threads since you're adding nothing to the topic being discussed.

Edited by Stormdragon

8 hours ago, Dusteon said:

If you want to discuss this in a different manner we can, per Stormdragon's request.  However, in quick response, you're saying 'every other PvP games'.  Sure, it "can" happen in Conclave, but those individuals who do that sort of trash talk don't stick around for long, while veterans that keep playing have a mutual respect for each other and newbies.  There are also community forum guidelines here...which includes being respectful towards each other soz it's not just about being a good person.

Veteran, veteran ... It depends. If you call yourself "Mr Castanas" and you use the castanas op one shoot and you make 22,000 kills, I call that a looser. I have years of games in conclave, 150,000 kills and the experience behind. I have another player in the lead, 200,000 kills, but I beat him and ragequit at each game. Not to mention that I am not one of the most kind and respectful to others because I consider winning by any means ---> Loki Arca Plasmor, Castanas, Ignis loki etc as the big tryhard and, I can do worst of the kind Nekros opticor.

Veteran is the aim, the seniority, or the tryhard?

Edited by -Dren-

• 2 months later...