The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orvius and Power Throw, how to kill myself less often?

Kelpie77

Question

Hi everyone
after TWW i built orvius, and i found it funny but not really awesome as other melee weapons (ie Galatine Prime?)
Besides, i very rarely sell weapons i can't get another copy so i kept it in my inventory, sometime trying to put in a costructive build, without much love.

Then, after i found a good riven mod (and also bought stance from Baro), it started showing here and there in my loadouts; the first one was Mag's i use on the plain (with maxed out range and vectis), then for Nidus ('cause it's exploding and useful for larva trapped targets), for Chroma's eidolon hunter build (to self damage after vex armor to buff vectis damage vs eidolon, but i need to remove the riven mod or the damage is so insane it's killing myself). Then when i whant to have some fun, try something different, or while leveling up some trashy secondary weapon i can dual wield with it. And now is probably my second favorite "melee weapon" mostly because i can use full stance combo (or pretty similar) while in the same time using a secondary with almost no time delay.

I normally use it in dual wield with a Zakti, because this pistol does insane damage even with my crappy aiming skills

This is my build
VTOyFsZ.jpg

and this one the riven mod
C9IqpBs.jpg

However i got a very big problem: sometime i kill myself with self induced explosion. Where "sometime" i mean "really many times". Sometime is because of my crappy aiming skills, sometime because i don't notice some furniture item or a mob rushing to me from a blind spot. Sometime because i misjudged the radius of the expolosion.
So well, what i'm asking you is

a) some advice about the build
b) if Power Throw (and Diminished Return) is a must or if i can (should?) do a build without those mod
c) anything you can advice me to avoid killing myself way too often x_x

Ty for your help!!

2 answers to this question