Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SUGGESTION for Melee 3.0

RedZeroInferno

PLEASE don't change the melee striking through walls and objects, whenever I'm playing a mission and an enemy gets stuck in a wall how am I supposed to get rid of him if I'm not using a frame with an aoe damage ability? Honestly, Enemies get stuck in walls ALL THE TIME, especially on the corpus crashed ship Europa and the infested Eris tileset, PLEASE keep the melee strike through walls thing, Because sure sometimes it's a little op but regardless of it's strength in a mission it's often necessary otherwise the mission could become incomplete-able by an enemy stuck in a wall.

The times it is OP is why it is getting axed, because it has become severely abused in meta. If you find areas where enemies spawn in walls or floors, document it and report it so DE can adjust the navmesh and spawn locations. Attacking through walls with melee 100% needs to go. Use a punch through mod on a gun instead, it's great in most builds anyways.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb NeithanDiniem:

Use a punch through mod on a gun instead

vor 9 Minuten schrieb BringMeYourAzz:

Bring a weapon with punch through

I think the Melee rework is long overdue but this is not the way it should be handled. Limit themself to overcome bugs is plain wrong

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
typo

4 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I think the Melee rework is long overdue but this is not the way it should be handled. Limit themself to overcome bugs is plain wrong

17 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

If you find areas where enemies spawn in walls or floors, document it and report it so DE can adjust the navmesh and spawn locations

1 hour ago, RedZeroInferno said:

PLEASE don't change the melee striking through walls and objects, whenever I'm playing a mission and an enemy gets stuck in a wall how am I supposed to get rid of him if I'm not using a frame with an aoe damage ability?

g9DaJRc.png

Made small change to the Meme... CLEM!

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

1 hour ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Punch through mods are pure damage multiplication when aiming through crowds. It is in no way a limiting factor to a build, if you think that then i question what your idea of a good build is. If I can spray an automatic into a group of enemies and use half to a third of the shots, that is powerful.

5 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

The times it is OP is why it is getting axed, because it has become severely abused in meta. If you find areas where enemies spawn in walls or floors, document it and report it so DE can adjust the navmesh and spawn locations. Attacking through walls with melee 100% needs to go. Use a punch through mod on a gun instead, it's great in most builds anyways.

5 hours ago, BringMeYourAzz said:

Bring a weapon with punch through

4 hours ago, Synpai said:

T3 Scaffold, weapon with punch through, zenurik lightning balls + pull, a number of WF abilities 😄

3 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Punch through mods are pure damage multiplication when aiming through crowds. It is in no way a limiting factor to a build, if you think that then i question what your idea of a good build is. If I can spray an automatic into a group of enemies and use half to a third of the shots, that is powerful.

All of you fail to acknowledge the possibility of using ranking weapons or frames with no mods as a problem when enemies are getting stuck in walls and crap, think about that for a second, and Synpai, you completely ignored my statement about using a frame in a mission that doesn't have aoe based abilities or anything that can go through walls.

1 hour ago, RedZeroInferno said:

All of you fail to acknowledge the possibility of using ranking weapons or frames with no mods as a problem when enemies are getting stuck in walls and crap, think about that for a second, and Synpai, you completely ignored my statement about using a frame in a mission that doesn't have aoe based abilities or anything that can go through walls.

And you ignored all of the reasonable alternatives you were given, so I think we can call it even.

T3 scaffold and zenurik are really good general use alternatives as they aren't dependent on frame at all. Not to mention, it's been a decent bit of time since I've seen an enemy lock the game (that wasn't on PoE...where melee wouldn't have helped either way).

I'm not sure where you're going with that unranked gear that'll stop you from putting punch-through on ONE of them, but if you're looking for an unreasonable melee solution, log in 300 days and never unequip your zenistar for when that enemy gets stuck  :]

Edited by Synpai

vor 7 Stunden schrieb chaotea:

Or, add the command /unstuckenemies to make nearby enemies respawn?

vor 7 Stunden schrieb NeithanDiniem:

Those two answers.

2 hours ago, RedZeroInferno said:

And you completely ignored that if you find enemies in places they should not be, you should report it because that is unintentional game behavior and is a bug. If DE is changing a mechanic that will make said bug more of a problem, DE is inclined to work on eliminating said problem with more priority. Changing navmesh is not some monumental task, it is actually quite easy in most engines. The existence of a bug should not mean that an abused system shouldn't get fixed, it means people need to do their part and report locations that display the bug so it can get fixed.

The biggest issue that people bring up with melee being unable to hit through walls is literally a bug. If they manage to fix the game so that enemies stop getting stuck in walls, you biggest case for not having this change becomes nonexistent. So why not plead for DE to instead make that enemies don't continue to get stuck in the first place?

Or, they should fill the inside of walls with damage. If they spawn in a wall they should die. Alternatively maybe fix the spawning mechanic.

Also, I have a suggestion. Bring back the Stamina gauge for Melee 3 (exclusive for the melee 3). Specifically make it into a block gauge. Blocking was so much better when it was tied into the stamina system. Reflection was actually useful back when blocking was tied into the stamina system. I'm suspicious of this talk of turning into part of channeling as it makes me think now all blocking will cost energy.