The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When will the next update come out?

EndermanBeast

1 hour ago, IceColdHawk said:

Better rush it and fix it the next days than releasing it on a friday as a buggy mess that stays unfixed for the whole weekend.

Because delaying Beasts of the Sanctuary totally worked out just fine, right?

And the point is missed.

DE release something that has been delayed by them and its a buggy mess.

Imagine if they did not take the time to iron out things better first? Remember Specters of the Fail? DO YOU?!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.jpg

1 hour ago, (XB1)mickeyjuiceman said:

The point being that those who prioritise delivery dates over quality (and then whine about the lack of quality) are idiots.

Except that's rarely the case.

That's like saying  "Players ask for nerfs, DE delivers, players complain that nerfs were too hard."

The 2 groups aren't the same just because you represented them both as "players", just like the group asking for faster updates usually aren't the same as people saying DE rushed them.

It's a statement that intentionally misrepresents the situation and it doesn't achieve anything. If DE is that easy to be pressured into releasing updates, Umbra wouldn't have been delayed for Eidolons.

Why some people are so invested into portraying DE as a weak company that is easily pushed around is something I will never understand.

Just now, Kaotyke said:

Imagine if they did not take the time to iron out things better first? Remember Specters of the Fail? DO YOU?!

I mean, onslaught was pretty much unplayable at its release. I don't know how things can get worse than unplayable. But if released somewhere not at the last day of work in the week, they would have had more time to fix stuff and also more informations on what needs fixed. And yes i do remember Specters of the Fail and the last update reminded me.

Don't get me wrong, i'd prefer playable and stable updates but past history has shown that this doesn't seem possible. So it should be no surprise that people just want the updates not get delayed anymore. The moment when you wait even longer than expected for your finally new content only to see it being frustrating and a bug fortress for the whole weekend.

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

Don't get me wrong, i'd prefer playable and stable updates but past history has shown that this doesn't seem possible. So it should be no surprise that people just want the updates not get delayed anymore. The moment when you wait even longer than expected for your finally new content only to see it being frustrating and a bug fortress for the whole weekend.

So in the end its a lose-lose situation.

17 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

I mean, onslaught was pretty much unplayable at its release. I don't know how things can get worse than unplayable. But if released somewhere not at the last day of work in the week, they would have had more time to fix stuff and also more informations on what needs fixed. And yes i do remember Specters of the Fail and the last update reminded me.

im sorry, but specters literally halved their player count according to steam charts due to the rushed buggy mess it was, and thats not the worse update they have rushed. "We all remember the day syndicates were added dont we >->"

Edited by KubrowTamer

7 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

So in the end its a lose-lose situation.

DE is in a perpetual lose/lose situation. They can prioritise content over bugs and then the player base REEEEEEEE'S about the bugs. Or DE prioritise bugs over content and the exact same happens again.

Patience doesnt take you anywhere and it always comes with bugs and crap. It will come when its ready, you can turn off your pc, go outside and enjoy the sun while you fish or something

Edited by TzXtetriC