Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need a clear and defined "Leave Squad" button

tprx

I did a relic pug, then some foundry tinkering. I see I need some Cryo, so off I am to some excavation. But behold! I forgot to revert to solo play! So I press the decline/clear vote to no avail, then I'm thrown in the loading screens. At that point, the only solution is to hard reset the game, and relog.

This has happened a number of times, in different situation (going into a relic hunt but forgetting to go public, and so on). The fact that the ONLY button cycles through useless commands clearly indicate that we need a clear and defined "Leave squad" button.

Please feel free to had your own waste of time horror story about being stuck in the loading screens when that could be avoided.

10 minutes ago, Xion said:

Are you asking for a button other than the one that we already have right now?

The one we have doesn't always allow to leave squad, like I said in my post. It sometimes cycle through "clear vote" or "decline", which doesn't do anything (usually). You then have to go in your own options, but the manipulation takes a few seconds longer, which usually results in you going into the mission you wanted to avoid in the first place.

13 minutes ago, Eathian said:

Why would you have to hard reset? That seems extreme.

It takes me less time to restart the game then to go in a mission (loading screen 1) then leaving said mission (loading screen 2).

2 minutes ago, tprx said:

The one we have doesn't always allow to leave squad, like I said in my post. It sometimes cycle through "clear vote" or "decline", which doesn't do anything (usually)

I'm referring to when you press esc and hover your mouse over your loadout on the top left, which shows "Leave Squad." You have to pass over that area to select decline anyways, so I don't see how having to press esc takes that much time that you end up in the mission anyways.

3 minutes ago, Xion said:

I'm referring to when you press esc and hover your mouse over your loadout on the top left, which shows "Leave Squad." You have to pass over that area to select decline anyways, so I don't see how having to press esc takes that much time that you end up in the mission anyways.

Quoting myself: You then have to go in your own options, but the manipulation takes a few seconds longer, which usually results in you going into the mission you wanted to avoid in the first place.

I don't have a top of the line pc sadly, so the area to press is tiny compare to the one in the main screen. Moving my cursor fast enough to press it in the 2 seconds before loading begins normally results in me missing it. Keep in mind that you must factor in the "surprise" factor at being public when you wanted to go solo, that loses you a few seconds too :)

Edited by tprx

its even more cumbersome on console due to not have a keyboard and having to use directional controls to cycle through menu options.

I generally just let the mission load then abort as soon as its loaded.

Its also annoying on PC when in finishing a mission in PoE pressing Esc the option to leave squad is often not there unless you press Esc->close the menu->press Esc again then the leave squad option is there.