Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game constantly freezes and change host

Airaneon

Hello everyone, how are u guys doing today?

So...I'm facing an odd issue, just got a new GPU (R7 240 2gb DDR5) since my last one died. And found out that I can't play the game anymore with Dx10 and 11, it runs silky smooth for few seconds and crashes my GPU. So now with both DX10/11 disabled I could play for a few minutes. But now every couple of min my game freezes, no fps drop, just straight up freezes, oddly "alt +tabs" by itself and then goes back to the game, this happens a 2/3 times in a few seconds and then the "Changing Host" messages pops up and I'm thrown into a session by myself with little to no mobs, and also their spawn is disabled somehow. I could play the game without any issues with my old gpu (GTX 760) so maybe this issue is GPU related? Thanks in advance.

Rig:

Mainboard: M5A78L-M LX/BR
CPU: FX 4100 3,60Ghz
RAM: 12GB
GPU: 
- Chipset: R7240
- Core Speed: 780 MHz
- Memory: 2048 MB
- Memory Type: DDR5
- Memory Clock: 1150 MHz
- Interface: 128 bit
PSU: 700W

Edited by Airaneon

7 hours ago, McSkops said:

Because you've downgraded massively. That GPU is extremely weak compared to the GTX 760.

Indeed it was a downgrade. But it still does not explain why the game runs smoothly in any configuration (High/mid/low) before crashing since the minimum requirements for the game are GT 8600 and ATI Radeon HD 3600. My rig should be able to run it without any issues but it crashes even with the lowest settings.

14 hours ago, Airaneon said:

oddly "alt +tabs" by itself and then goes back to the game, this happens a 2/3 times in a few seconds and then the "Changing Host" messages pops up and I'm thrown into a session by myself with little to no mobs, and also their spawn is disabled somehow

Hi Airaneon,

Have you tried verifying and optimizing your Download Cache via. the Warframe launcher? This can be done by clicking on the little cogwheel at the top right corner of the launcher. If this does not help, then can you please send us a copy of your EE.log file after you've had this issue occur? You can send it to us in a support ticket.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Hi Airaneon,

Have you tried verifying and optimizing your Download Cache via. the Warframe launcher? This can be done by clicking on the little cogwheel at the top right corner of the launcher. If this does not help, then can you please send us a copy of your EE.log file after you've had this issue occur? You can send it to us in a support ticket.

Thanks!

Yes I did, did the optmize once and verified 2/3 times. I've downclocked the GPU and it reduced the crashes but sometimes it freezes, "alt tabs" then goes back to the game. I'll send the EE.log for the support.

Thanks for your time.