Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Tenno have never done even a single truly peaceful thing.

Space0ddity

Every single action, every single event that happens between us is solely and purely based on conflict, or related to it. Even events like rebuilding the dojo network or inter-tenno marriage is still connected to violence and killing. We don't have hobbies in this universe, no. When we buy or sell things, we sell weapon parts and Warframe components to further our warpath. When we even dab in fashionframe or pet ownership, it's still related to killing and slaughter (swagging yourself up so you can prove to other players how good at killing you are).

You ever wonder why Grineer bosses always villify the Tenno and call them out as genocidal monsters? Because we are monsters, in every sense of the word. Anything that stands even slightly apart from killing, such as fishing, we despise doing as a whole and do it exclusively to obtain weapons.

True, but one can argue that we do all these things for the right reasons. It's not like you can reason with the Grineer or the Infestation. Corpus, maybe, but their ideology is also based on conflict. By culling the stronger, we help protect the weak. 

We have a hobby. It's called, killing every moving thing, that crosses our way.

But on the other hand. I think the tenno has their reason to do all this killing.
They suffered a horrible accident and when they were found, the orokin wanted to kill them first. After they realized the potential in the power of the tenno, they started to use them as weapons. This is what the warframes were built for, to be more effective at killing.
But the orokin were still hateful toward the tenno, it was good, that they were so good at killing the enemies of the orokin, but they were still despised/feared.
And don't forget, that the tennos are still child. Child need love and attention and understanding. If they don't get these, they become emotionally unstable. And combine this emotional unstableness (??? does this word even exist?) with huge power, and bam! you have a super powerful child, who wants revenge, for being used and not loved (also orokin executed to only people in the world who cared about them, Margulis).
So yeah, I think the tenno do all this killing, because they want to get rid of everything made by the orokin, which reminds them of their past, that they were handled like a weapon, an object and not like a living, feeling person. And they chosed to kill everything, because this is the only way they know.
Also there's the Lotus, who is the only one, who seemingly cares about them. The tenno will do everything for her, because she's the closest thing they have to a mother.

We are living in a time where the whole colony of people take daily risks of being wiped out.

There is an endless war between two governments with extreme ideology. There is a space technocyte outbreaks that is basically a sci-fi black death.

Desperate time calls for desperate measure, and none of our enemies seem to be open to reason or negotiation.

Do you really think that we should sit around in our dojo and recite poetry instead while all of these are happening?

Edited by Gharsan

True and not. During Octavia's Antem you play music. That's peaceful. Looking after  a kubrow or kavat. Mining. Also the tenno kill to protect. In The Glast Gambit you look after and save a camp of otherwise helpless people. I'm sure you can remember Lunaro and the Snowball battle event. Tenno just do what they have to. I hope you see my point.

1 minute ago, endersir said:

True and not. During Octavia's Antem you play music. That's peaceful. Looking after a kubrow or kavat. Mining. Also the tenno kill to protect. In The Glast Gambit you look after and save a camp of otherwise helpless people. I'm sure you can remember Lunaro and the Snowball battle event. Tenno just do what they have to. I hope you see my point.

I couldn’t agree more with this post. What was the Snowball battle event though? I don’t know what that is. I’m guessing it’s just us throwing snowballs at people.

3 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

because peacemaker power huehuehue.

oooh now I get it.

Are we supposed to be peaceful?

I'm not perfectly up to date on the tennos current standing, but back in the beta days it was heavily implied that the Tenno is kind of an amoral
militaristic normalizing force in the solar system. We cull the factions that get too strong to overcome the others, so that none of them get out of line.

These last few quests (years) it seems to be implied that we are nice guys, since we are helping the weak, but i dont think our reasons are ever implied.

Personally i'm selecting the balanced answers in the RP lines (and by the Lotus i hope it wont bite me in the backside later). I am not a total asshat,
but i dont go out of my way to be nice either. We preserve the balance (be it in peace or war), no matter the cost.

Edited by Lers