Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Tenno have never done even a single truly peaceful thing.

Space0ddity

..so? The entire universe is based on conflict. The universe is started by a conflict and is fueled by one. Such is the "nature" of nature. 

Tenno are living beings. That makes them part of the very force of nature that runs everything. 

With peace you get oblivion. From the constant war of chaos and order you get living things and materials. Living things and materials that must be dismantled to be remade. 

Edited by CupcakesMoo
Better word I think.

13 hours ago, ALOEDA1 said:

You ever wonder why Grineer bosses always villify the Tenno and call them out as genocidal monsters? Because we are monsters, in every sense of the word. Anything that stands even slightly apart from killing, such as fishing, we despise doing as a whole and do it exclusively to obtain weapons.

Oh yeah, Ruk was spot on the money

This is part of why I hate the Zariman Kids subplot. When we were silent protagonists, it reinforced the incredibly obvious notion that we're all a bunch of violence-addicted demons who are only better than the things we're killing because we understand the concept of "civilian". My headcanon has always been that when we killed the Orokin, all Lotus needed to d owas say "Change of plans, ignore your original objective, leave nothing alive" and we just rolled with it. We didn't kill the Orokin because the Orokin deserved it, but because we were bored.

Tenno keeps the balance, nothing is said about peace, and Warframe were made, for one thing, War. Currently, we fight to keep the three main factions from taking over too much of the solar system, not to reach some end goal of peace. 

19 hours ago, ALOEDA1 said:

Every single action, every single event that happens between us is solely and purely based on conflict, or related to it. Even events like rebuilding the dojo network or inter-tenno marriage is still connected to violence and killing. We don't have hobbies in this universe, no. When we buy or sell things, we sell weapon parts and Warframe components to further our warpath. When we even dab in fashionframe or pet ownership, it's still related to killing and slaughter (swagging yourself up so you can prove to other players how good at killing you are).

You ever wonder why Grineer bosses always villify the Tenno and call them out as genocidal monsters? Because we are monsters, in every sense of the word. Anything that stands even slightly apart from killing, such as fishing, we despise doing as a whole and do it exclusively to obtain weapons.

...So what? Peace was never promised, peace was never offered. It's never been part of Warframe. As for the Grineer, they are doing the same thing to others. They aren't suddenly morally superior just because they're on the receiving end.

• 2 months later...

The idea of peace in the Origin system is laughable. With our surgical raids and intelligence gathering efforts we don't put a dent in the numbers of our enemies. We just outplay them, deny them assets, and prevent any one group from becoming dominant. We've got a hobby in helping our the downtrodden and the abused, but the only thing a Tenno could possibly choose that would be peaceful is inaction. To allow the factions that ravage the system to grow out of control is unconscionable.

On 2018-05-16 at 12:21 AM, ALOEDA1 said:

Every single action, every single event that happens between us is solely and purely based on conflict, or related to it. Even events like rebuilding the dojo network or inter-tenno marriage is still connected to violence and killing. We don't have hobbies in this universe, no. When we buy or sell things, we sell weapon parts and Warframe components to further our warpath. When we even dab in fashionframe or pet ownership, it's still related to killing and slaughter (swagging yourself up so you can prove to other players how good at killing you are).

Well, Tenno in this game are made for War. But aside from conflicts, there exists other things, but since we're playing Warframe as a shooter-game, this is all you can expect.

There are peaceful things, like fishing, mining, scanning, and decorating.

You try and stay peaceful when you were used as a test subject by some dead race, afterwards put into forced hibernation and then raised by the worst mother only to be abandoned by said mother. I'd say the Tenno are even quite calm at this point, considering they could have just went on a rampage across the galaxy and destroy everything.

No guys I don't think you understood what the OP means... I believe he meant it not as Gameplay but as Lore...

Anyway... In times of war, there is no good, everyone is cutted by the same scissor fighting for what they believe is right...

but who's to judge the right from wrong? when our guard is down I think we'll both agree that violence breeds violence... but in the end it has to be this way,

Even when you know you are starring across a barren wastedland new life will be born beneath the blood stained sand...

-Grinner- dominance of the system.

-Corpus - profit by exploiting the system.

-Sentients - conquering and destroying systems.

.Orokin- Greediness and selfishness.

-Infested- Result of orokin greed, the new life born from blood stained sand... these are victims. - consume all.

-Tenno - Balance by killing all they think that should be taken out of the way, No cost too great, no blood too precious...

We carved our own path they followed their wrath but maybe we are all the same...

All bound to kill for what they believe is right...

Embrace what I just said... for it is not only part of a game... but also a real life thing...

Edited by Strife-

55 minutes ago, Strife- said:

No guys I don't think you understood what the OP means... I believe he meant it not as Gameplay but as Lore...

Anyway... In times of war, there is no good, everyone is cutted by the same scissor fighting for what they believe is right...

but who's to judge the right from wrong? when our guard is down I think we'll both agree that violence breeds violence... but in the end it has to be this way,

Even when you know you are starring across a barren wastedland new life will be born beneath the blood stained sand...

-Grinner- dominance of the system.

-Corpus - profit by exploiting the system.

-Sentients - conquering and destroying systems.

.Orokin- Greediness and selfishness.

-Infested- Result of orokin greed, the new life born from blood stained sand... these are victims. - consume all.

-Tenno - Balance by killing all they think that should be taken out of the way, No cost too great, no blood too precious...

We carved our own path they followed their wrath but maybe we are all the same...

All bound to kill for what they believe is right...

Embrace what I just said... for it is not only part of a game... but also a real life thing...

Everything is a orokin mistake. Literally everything.

Infested - Created by orokin

Warframes - Created by orokin

Grineer - Created by orokin

Corpus - As a society, created by orokin

Sentients - Created by orokin

Tenno - "Created" by orokin

The main enemy here are orokins, but they are dead, or at least most of them. It's true that lorewise we should stop this madness. We don't even have reasons to fight against the sentients aside from the "we were enemies once so we must fight again".

Warframes/Tenno and Sentients weren't enemies, they were both actually victims. They shouldn't fight any longer. We should kill the remaining Queen and stop the cloning since every time they get cloned, they lose more of themselves and degenerate even more, they don't deserve that fate, they were people once. We should help Glast in changing the corpus ideals with the Perrin Sequence ideals (merchants that care about life and people, and also profit ofc, but not at the cost of lives).

After that, we should work with the sentients in terraforming the origin system and restoring it to glory in order for humanity to prosper. We should terraform other systems in order to expand, always under ideals of respect for what surrounds us and love instead of survival of the fittest.

The Tenno would always be guardians of humanity. The sentients would be helping everyone and humanity would regain its older self.

After all this is done, we should go after the Orokin and kill them ALL. I don't think that all Orokin are dead, I mean come on, such a strong "race", it's impossible to not have a colony or a massive spaceship where all the rest of the Orokins are, maybe plotting against everyone and trying to take control again.

Our REAL enemies are the Orokin, not the Sentients, nor humanity (more like what's left of it). We should work towards regaining that humanity and learning to live peacefully again. Of course that work requieres killing and none best than the Tenno and their Warframes at that.

On 2018-05-16 at 10:24 AM, ALOEDA1 said:

We just do it for the fancy swords.

Speak for yourself! After a long day of committing genocide there is nothing that i find more relaxing than killing fish with a pointy stick.All that just for the fun of it since I already have all the ZAWs!

Going back to your original post, yeah, we're pretty much genocidal monsters that enjoy slaughtering our enemies for loot, some times even for the fun of it or out of boredom. We mass slaughter kubrows and destroy their dens so we can enslave their offsprings for our ourselves. We've fanned the flames of war by helping either the corpus or the grineer so neither side manages to get the upper hand over the other just so both sides remain evenly matched and still at war.

Oh and lets not forget that we slaughtered the Orokin but they seemed like $&*^s so they probably deserved it, well maybe not ALL of them... maybe just the high ruling class, I don't know... I'm just throwing in ideas since I doubt all of them deserved it, probably not but not much point now since they're y'know, all dead?

Also, what was the question? I forgot where I was going with this.

Ah right. So yeah the way I see it we're basically void demons or devils in the guise of children that see the world around them as a playground and the people as toys that are made for our own amusement which we have fun by breaking and taking apart in fun ways! All because Space Mom told us to do it! And cuz it's fun!! ^^