The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where is the best place to find kuakas/spinal claw?

(XBOX)xX13L4CK0PSXx

You can try looking for them during eidolons hunts.

Grineers, Vomvalyst and the Eidolons themselves will target the wild life of PoE. All you need to do is jumo very high to easily spot some shiny resources on the ground.

Yup, only in the plains. Wildlife is not a hard thing to find, just roam around and look for wildlife (they usually shimmer in silver from a distance). Kuakas are a bit harder to find, i've found more in the tree/hilly areas. In case you need to find Condrocs, from the entrance do left to the sea, they fly around there.

Also bring a weapon with a wide spread, like the Arca Plasmor. They run when you get close, just blast em as you approach.

Edited by Errodin

Best way is to pull out a synthesis scanner and look through it every bullet jump you make to help you find them. Take Ivara and when you find them with the scanner use Prowl for an extra drop then kill them before they can run.. if they do run then just put them to sleep with an arrow. 

..same way I do those X amount of wildlife kills with a fishing spear rivens x_x

They spawn a lot near the big rock in front of the door of the plains. Takes a little patience but after 10-20 minutes I’ve gotten 60 of those claws without a booster. Also ember is the best for hunting these things since her WoF can kill them instantly within range. Also they are noticeable by a white outline. 

Now for the time of day, for these things it doesn’t matter much. The birds don’t appear much at night but these things appear a lot during both. Just run around the area with the big rock in front of the door and even listen a little as you’ll hear chirping sounds a lot and louder the more of those things appear. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

They spawn a lot near the big rock in front of the door of the plains. Takes a little patience but after 10-20 minutes I’ve gotten 60 of those claws without a booster. Also ember is the best for hunting these things since her WoF can kill them instantly within range. Also they are noticeable by a white outline. 

Now for the time of day, for these things it doesn’t matter much. The birds don’t appear much at night but these things appear a lot during both. Just run around the area with the big rock in front of the door and even listen a little as you’ll hear chirping sounds a lot and louder the more of those things appear. 

Thanks alot man i just tried that and got 22 witin 10 minutes,21 was all i needed

• 2 years later...
On 2018-05-16 at 8:55 PM, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

I have been roaming around the entrance of plains of eidolon for a while and I barely managed to find a kuaka, I did find a bunch of condrocs, but no kuaka

EDIT: I did manage to get the spinal claw i needed, there was this location i found at the left of the entrance, it is near the seas and has a dead pink shark on the shore, there lots of kuakas spawned during the day

Here is a link of another discussion about the shark, i hope it has more elaborate explanations and its location: 

Edited by BATTLEBOY_17890

• 3 years later...
On 2018-05-16 at 8:25 AM, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

They spawn a lot near the big rock in front of the door of the plains. Takes a little patience but after 10-20 minutes I’ve gotten 60 of those claws without a booster. Also ember is the best for hunting these things since her WolF can kill them instantly within range. Also they are noticeable by a white outline. 

excalibur or excalibur umbra is also good at hunting them since they can use their radial javelin skill and kill them all