Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will there be any punishment fall on players who keep afk??

genesisfiend

Question

21 answers to this question

Adding a kickvote has been discussed several times and it always comes down to the possibility of people abusing the system, for example, to kick low MR players or people that use certain gear.

Personally, when I get an AFK on my squad I just quit the mission. Sure it does nothing to fix the underlying problem, but I least I get the satisfaction of not playing the game for someone else.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)DeluxeKnight831 said:

there is an AFK timer which makes it so players who don't move after a certain period of time don't receive rewards for the mission but it's easily worked around by moving a bit every so often

It's not even if they don't move, was on Io farming Meso relics a few weeks ago and we had a Banshee doing the Banshee thing. He stayed in one spot screaming away, killing everything, and because all he did was just keep spamming 4 and never moving it didn't give him rewards.

There's a timer for those who are afk and also there's no rewards after the mission ends. Problem is if they come back right before you're done, they get everything. Let's not overthink this too much though, if we start trying to punish afk players we might just end up punishing good players as well. 

20 minutes ago, (XB1)DeluxeKnight831 said:

there is an AFK timer which makes it so players who don't move after a certain period of time don't receive rewards for the mission but it's easily worked around by moving a bit every so often

I see, didn't know this kind of thing exist.

17 minutes ago, --Q--Mordred said:

Adding a kickvote has been discussed several times and it always comes down to the possibility of people abusing the system, for example, to kick low MR players or people that use certain gear.

Personally, when I get an AFK on my squad I just quit the mission. Sure it does nothing to fix the underlying problem, but I least I get the satisfaction of not playing the game for someone else.

I'll try your way next time, thanks a lot.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

There's a timer for those who are afk and also there's no rewards after the mission ends. Problem is if they come back right before you're done, they get everything. Let's not overthink this too much though, if we start trying to punish afk players we might just end up punishing good players as well. 

Ya, didn't think of that, hope DE will find out a better way to deal with AFK players then.

If afk-ing players bother you on high level mission - especially something like kuva flood or sortie don't queue public there.

Even if not enough friends/clan mates are online/willing to go you can use recruitment chat to get a group. Chances for afk-er there are minimal.

If you go public for such mission you must be prepared to carry rest of squad All of them. And personally I prefer that undergeared player will keep out of heat and don't die every 30 seconds than try to be heroic in the middle of fight.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Deflinek said:

If afk-ing players bother you on high level mission - especially something like kuva flood or sortie don't queue public there.

Even if not enough friends/clan mates are online/willing to go you can use recruitment chat to get a group. Chances for afk-er there are minimal.

If you go public for such mission you must be prepared to carry rest of squad All of them. And personally I prefer that undergeared player will keep out of heat and don't die every 30 seconds than try to be heroic in the middle of fight.

Noted, thanks for your advice.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)LubzinNJ said:

It's not even if they don't move, was on Io farming Meso relics a few weeks ago and we had a Banshee doing the Banshee thing. He stayed in one spot screaming away, killing everything, and because all he did was just keep spamming 4 and never moving it didn't give him rewards.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

^

As a parent, I find that the one place where I might have to afk for a minute or two where I dont get kicked to orbit is Hydron when I am leveling frames or weapons.  It is never intentional and always seems to happen after I have committed to 15 or 20 waves.  

I realize that those minutes inconvenience my squadmates a little, but I also know that I am coming right back in most cases.  Some people might say to just drop out in the event that something comes up, but I frequently host and host migrations are a point of contention for many people.  

Personally I don't mind leeches, they don't hurt my experience as the only modes that are adversely affected by lack of participation are eidolons, sanctuary onslaught, and index...which don't really work for afk farming.  Star map missions are all pretty much soloable so I can carry a leech without too much hassle...and I am poorly modded...just started to finally get primed mods and only one riven for the vulkar that I havent touched.

I just feel like people are overreacting to leeches in general since they have zero effect on your rewards, zero effect on your gameplay, and zero effect on the game world in general...this may just be carryover spite from other games where leeching is actually detrimental.

I find it amusing that some players reaction to "quit" if they have an "AFK" player in "their" public match.

Brings to question their legitimacy of such a claim of a player as afk, more like some player not playing as the elitist demands.

Met one such lowlife high level player having an anurism after he belted through a mission and players like me were still playing.

So a team of four. Whats worse, some player playing different or some capable player quitting and screwing two other team mates over.

Well lets be honest, there is no team play if someone decides his way or no way and sticks the finger up to the warframe players who have not got the equipment to keep up yet.