Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning player kinda lost on what to do

papanak

Question

I played warframe a decent amount in 2014-2016, getting 300+ hours. I have 10+ frames, and what were good quality weapons, and possibly still are now. (e.g. 4 forma soma prime). 

I wanna get back into the game but I've missed so many updates that i'm genuinly lost on what the ♥♥♥♥ to do. The in-mission gameplay seems the same, however everything else seems to have completely changed, with a whole new void system, to the old T1, T2, T3, T4, etc.

If anybody could give some guidance on what's worth doing in 2018, it would be much appreciated.

5 answers to this question

First things first, check all of the "junction" nodes on planets you have access to if you left before those existed.

Then work your way through all the quests you haven't done yet. Once you're done, get your best equipment/frames and try a sortie or two.

Then go to Cetus on Earth and check out the stuff they have there. 

The T1, T2, etc. stuff is now all about relics which you get as rewards from running other missions. Once you have a relic you can do void fissure missions to try to get prime parts.

31 minutes ago, Domrond said:

Then go to Cetus on Earth and check out the stuff they have there

Ignore this part should your computer is unable to handle 1.5GB RAM usage with the in-ability to pause and sick of long traveling distance/time.

4 hours ago, papanak said:

I played warframe a decent amount in 2014-2016, getting 300+ hours. I have 10+ frames, and what were good quality weapons, and possibly still are now. (e.g. 4 forma soma prime). 

I wanna get back into the game but I've missed so many updates that i'm genuinly lost on what the ♥♥♥♥ to do. The in-mission gameplay seems the same, however everything else seems to have completely changed, with a whole new void system, to the old T1, T2, T3, T4, etc.

If anybody could give some guidance on what's worth doing in 2018, it would be much appreciated.

I'm all seriousness you can Forma any weapon to your heart's content.  Once you get a riven mod with a decent roll that weapon gets tucked away... The grind is still there, the void "key" change is for the better.  A couple of sessions and you'll be back at home again, welcome back Tenno.