Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery rank change

(XBOX)lilkowboy

This is a simple change/suggestion for making Mastery Rank more "accomadting" in a way. Currently,  with how MR is set up,  you're not even able to purchase an item that's in a higher tier MR than you yourself haveachieved. Instead, what if we could actually OBTAIN those weapons, buy them, build them,  whatever, but NOT equip them until we reached the appropriate levels of Mastery. This way actually seems more tantalizing and encouraging, as in, you could build a weapon ahead of time and have it sitting in your inventory as a reminder. This would also allow people of a lower mastery to still obtain the weapon before its vaulted. Just a idea, and I don't expect everyone to agree, but thoughts are always welcome.

Edited by (XB1)lilkowboy

eh I don't see how that would make any difference.  You can't use it either way.  You know its out there even with it not in your foundry.

And some things are already like this: If you get an mr locked prime piece, or a riven you can keep that teasing you until you are high enough mr.

And lastly, just farming the base frames and doing all the BP available in the market is enough to get you to MR17 alone - by which point you will have unlocked almost everything and i'm sure come across a few prime things to further your MR.  the real wall doesn't start until MR19.

I understand where you're coming from, but you need to understand that currently one way DE profits from the game is by giving you access to MR locked content if you pay for it with plat or dollars. I understand an argument could be made for vaulted items, but as a general rule I think it's one that keeps the lights on and the game free. 

Considering DE already let you carry the parts, I see no reason not to let people build MR-locked items as well.
The current system is inconsequential and confusing to new players. They think if they can hold those parts, they can trade them as well (which makes perfect sense), but they can't, and I'll have to explain all this nonsense to them. They never understand the logic behind it, because of said items in their inventory.
It's just silly if you ask me. As long as they can't use them, there shouldn't be any issues.

Edited by Mana_Caldaria

16 minutes ago, (XB1)lilkowboy said:

You can't straight out buy individual mastery locked items anymore tho as of a recent update. Not even blueprints for said items from a research lab even

You can't buy PB that's correct, but you can buy the weapons from the market using plat and bypass the MR lock. The same is true for the weapons you receive when you purchase the prime access packs. 

I think the reasoning behind preventing purchase of blueprints and building ahead of time is that people might get frustrated at having spent the resources/credits when they could have put them towards something else.  They could of course put in a pop up noitice warning that you wont be able to claim the built item but I think if we are being honest with ourselves we'll admit that people wont read it and will just click on through then be disappointed.  Easier just to say 'no' at the Market.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

You can't buy PB that's correct, but you can buy the weapons from the market using plat and bypass the MR lock. The same is true for the weapons you receive when you purchase the prime access packs. 

"This item is Mastery Rank locked. You must reach rank 10 before you can purchase it." -Arca Plasmor.

You cant even use plat unless its from a weapon or Warframe bundle.

Edited by (XB1)Evilpricetag

27 minutes ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

"This item is Mastery Rank locked. You must reach rank 10 before you can purchase it." -Arca Plasmor.

You cant even use plat unless its from a weapon or Warframe bundle.

It appears that this community is actually against QoL improvements. They'll say it's not worth the devs time. lol

We can hope.

17 hours ago, Altre said:

It appears that this community is actually against QoL improvements. They'll say it's not worth the devs time. lol

We can hope.

Lol yea, I am MR 23 and have weapons on standby in foundry for when I'm ready. But hey if a MR 7 just got to 8 to build Banshee Prime now you gotta wait three days because you don't inted to rush it. But now you also have several weapons to level, 3 days later your MR 10/11... oh boy.