Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 22.20.0] Virtual Cursor Feedback MEGATHREAD - Share Videos Where Possible!

aidan890

Thanks for the shortcuts back and the Warframe pivot being fixed. Still not thrilled with the cursor but I'll manage.

Main concern now is still what I said in my last post though. I don't see the point in this. I'll bare through it for now but this needs to have an ultimate goal and not just unhelpful change for the sake of it.

I highly dislike the new ui update. My main reason is indeed the cursor and the zooming in the solar map. 

Using the cursor to change rotation for emblems and even the sensibility is an big issue. You constant need to balance with your finger which is anoying (51 ooops.. 49 thats to little... 50. After 10 times) 

If i accidentally zoom in in the solar map, i need to shut it down and re-open to have the normal size again, which takes alot more time to navigate. 

Even the buttons that are shown that are now black are not really done in my opinion. It does not look smooth...

There are still bugs that need fixing. But i would love to see an option to choose between a cursor or the old style.

I never understood why DE in games change good working mechanics in the firstplace. If the reason is "it's better" you'll need the community's opinion on this concept i think. Since what is "better" for who? And why?

Edited by (PS4)TerrA-z-PhoeniX
Words

Hello, it would be better to leave the choice to the console player to use the cursor or not. When I'm on my desk I play mainly with the keyboard and mouse, but when I'm relaxed on my couch I prefer to play the controller that's why I buy a console not? So I understand that the game is to evolve and in general you do a good job but for me it's a failure. Nobody to test the game with a controller before? All actions take twice as much manipulation to do, scrolling with the right joystick is laborious in addition to that you just put the shortcut but you can not remove his weapons. Thank you for your speed of action but please do not sabotage yourself.

In one word - game-breaking (ok, that is two words with a hyphen, c'est la vie).  Faithful PS4 Tenno since the beginning, I always wondered what the final nail in the coffin to my Warframe days wold be.  Who knew way back then it would be a "Virtual Cursor" UI change to finally break the play-ability of the game.  Best of luck DE, it was a real fun ride.

Edited by (PS4)jkerry2

hi, I'd just like to cast a vote in the direction of reverting to the old system if possible. simply put you had it right the first time and the cursor just doesn't suit the needs of this console player and I think, by the look of the commenters before me, many others. Thanks and have a good one. 

FIrst off - thank you for re-adding the shortcuts in the arsenal, the preview in the relics, and some improvement with the drag and drop in the mods with today's XB hotfix (Can we get that on console tooo please)

Other issues:

• Selecting mods when you type [Riven Mod] in chat is cumbersome now as you have to cursor over to it, select it, then press x to confirm - there is no reason for the "X" to confirm
  • The same issue as above when trading - it is very tedious and slow.  If I clicked on it that is the one I wanted no need to confirm
  • The UI is also far less responsive in the trade window now - with both input lag and screen refresh lag (XB1x) (vs before this whole cursor/mouse rework mess)
  • Still have issues with some menu items deciding they don't want to be clicked on. Seems to come and go. can happen with oribitor menus, in mission menus etc. Leaving the location (e.g. the mission, or leaving the orbiter to go on a mission) seems to reset it, but closing the menu and re-opening it does not.

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg

50 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

FIrst off - thank you for re-adding the shortcuts in the arsenal, the preview in the relics, and some improvement with the drag and drop in the mods with today's XB hotfix (Can we get that on console tooo please)

Other issues:

• Selecting mods when you type [Riven Mod] in chat is cumbersome now as you have to cursor over to it, select it, then press x to confirm - there is no reason for the "X" to confirm
  • The same issue as above when trading - it is very tedious and slow.  If I clicked on it that is the one I wanted no need to confirm
  • The UI is also far less responsive in the trade window now - with both input lag and screen refresh lag (XB1x) (vs before this whole cursor/mouse rework mess)
  • Still have issues with some menu items deciding they don't want to be clicked on. Seems to come and go. can happen with oribitor menus, in mission menus etc. Leaving the location (e.g. the mission, or leaving the orbiter to go on a mission) seems to reset it, but closing the menu and re-opening it does not.

Going to add:

• Closing chat window (private message) on console is a pain the derrier now.  Used to simply be able to press "A" with the chat window active and was prompted with the drop down to close.  Now have to move the "curse"or over the users name on the right, then press A.  In addition to this unnecessary step, highlighting "Close tab" and pressing A again doesn't always register, and requires closing the drop down menu by clicking away, then dragging the CURSEor back over the name to try again.  resulting in more CURSES

This update has bugged riven challenges. I’m not sure how many but with me ‘kill X dargyns with a bow’ using paris prime has counted 0 towards the challenge.

The navigation now feels twice as slow for console users (PS4), sometimes 3x as slow and very inconvenient. It’s good that we can see any link in trade chat now but this new UI is extremely bad for us and i’m sure most console players will agree. Even simple things like rotating a warframe for customisation now requires the cursor to be on the warframe instead of just rotating the right stick.

Using the d-pad was much more convienient for chat, as now you mostly have to properly aim the cursor. Any type of cursor on console feels very unnatural. With some tweaks this update seems like it was made for PC but otherwise for console I can’t stress enough how bad the cursor feels and how simple things like modding and navigation have become serious chores. 

I’m not a game developer but i know how much work you guys put into warframe and how with new updates problems can come up. I think having the old UI with the new one overlayed would work well. Like having the option to use the cursor if you want, or not if you don’t but both options are there all the time. 

Also, i don’t know if it was fixed but if the host left a defence fissure mission during extraction and others chose to stay, the other players would bug out and their frames would be stuck. The only option would be to dashboard.

Cheers for the hard work you put into warframe, i’ve enjoyed it for a good few years.

This is not "fixed", if they wanted feedback on such mechanics for console they should have shipped it with an option to use either the new or old navigation methods...THEN ask for feedback from those willing to test it out. People would still be able to play while DE gets the responses they've been getting since it launched.

I know Warframe is free to play, but this is what I play when I'm stressed out and want to relax...I didn't "sign up" for bug testing like this was a cheap steam game in beta.

This is literally the only non-exclusive title I play on PS4 and one of the reasons I bought the system in the first place. The cursor needs to go, it doesn't fit, its painfull to use with a controller and feels like a complete downgrade from the interface we had. Which is unnaceptable for a game I've spent more on than any AAA title (which I agree, nobody but me is guilty of)

I nevertheless love this game and it's developers, I know all they do is out of goodwill and optimization for us, but this is a miss for consoles

It's like you bought a car and then the agency takes 1  of the wheels from you, still works but feels weird and unnatural to drive.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Convict_Hammer said:

This is not "fixed", if they wanted feedback on such mechanics for console they should have shipped it with an option to use either the new or old navigation methods...THEN ask for feedback from those willing to test it out. People would still be able to play while DE gets the responses they've been getting since it launched.

I know Warframe is free to play, but this is what I play when I'm stressed out and want to relax...I didn't "sign up" for bug testing like this was a cheap steam game in beta.

This is literally the only non-exclusive title I play on PS4 and one of the reasons I bought the system in the first place. The cursor needs to go, it doesn't fit, its painfull to use with a controller and feels like a complete downgrade from the interface we had. Which is unnaceptable for a game I've spent more on than any AAA title (which I agree, nobody but me is guilty of)

I nevertheless love this game and it's developers, I know all they do is out of goodwill and optimization for us, but this is a miss for consoles

It's like you bought a car and then the agency takes 1  of the wheels from you, still works but feels weird and unnatural to drive.

Read my feedback again, I never said the UI was ‘fixed’. It’s painfully slow and very uncomfortable to do simple things like modding/navigation. I appreciate the fact that DE are constantly trying to improve warframe but this update seems like it was aimed at PC players without any thought for consoles. It’s almost as if warfame is being ported to console for the first time with the default pc UI

While I appreciate the quick re-addition of navigation hotkeys for equip, upgrade, appearance, I stand by everyone else, everything I do in the menu feels like its moving through mud. This system was obviously designed for PC use, and is awkward at best on the console. Really, the best fix would be to FULLY reintegrate the old UI functionality.

Again im not trying to throw hate on the new Controller UI changes its a great addition to the PC tenno that plays with a controller but on console where its just a controller there is no need for the virtual cursor and im fully aware that some players like it which is fine all i would like to kindly suggest is that you give us the option to turn off the virtual cursor so those who hate it (like me) can go back to how things were; faster and more efficient and those that like it can still use it to their liking. also i appreciate you guys bringing back the shortcuts and hotkeys that one step in the right direction but please i beg let us be able to turn off and on the visual cursor that would be so much better. THank you 🙂

Again im not trying to throw hate on the new Controller UI changes its a great addition to the PC tenno that plays with a controller but on console where its just a controller there is no need for the virtual cursor and im fully aware that some players like it which is fine all i would like to kindly suggest is that you give us the option to turn off the virtual cursor so those who hate it (like me) can go back to how things were; faster and more efficient and those that like it can still use it to their liking. also i appreciate you guys bringing back the shortcuts and hotkeys that one step in the right direction but please i beg let us be able to turn off and on the visual cursor that would be so much better. THank you 🙂

THIS WAS MEANT FOR THE CONSOLE THREAD MY BAD 😞

Edited by (PS4)GlitchedOut_Skn
Mistake...this was meant for the console thread

39 minutes ago, (PS4)stoddydaman said:

Read my feedback again, I never said the UI was ‘fixed’. It’s painfully slow and very uncomfortable to do simple things like modding/navigation. I appreciate the fact that DE are constantly trying to improve warframe but this update seems like it was aimed at PC players without any thought for consoles. It’s almost as if warfame is being ported to console for the first time with the default pc UI

Lol sorry but I wasn't refering to your post, I've just been pasting my thoughts (this same text) on several threads for visibility.

In fact I completely agree with you, this patch mimics the behavior a poorly ported PC game, cheers

So... Out of curiousity... How am i supposed to complete certain riven challenges when unequipping anything is broken?? Not to mention earlier players that will need to unequip weapons to get through a relay...

This needs to be fixed asap DE... I love you, but you're going the right way about getting a smacked bottom =P

Please switch it back,  or give option to switch between old and this bs pc style cursor.  Only benefits pc users.  Try to change characters on navigation and no info posted on what that load out is.  Please switch back or refund money spent in game.  Not wanting to play with this pc version of the game.  It sucks. 

Console player here. Iv been playing since day 1 and absolutely agree changing the controls and UI to mouse and keyboard controls *Even-on-controllers* is backwards and a slap in the face that you cant change it back to controller settings, like ANY other respectful game would do and has done when changing the controls of games. Fix this please.

The controls as they are now are clunky, slow, and no matter how you adjust them they will NOT be as good as standard because you are squeezing a square peg through a round hole, and no amount of hotfixing short of allowing players to use standard controls will make this acceptable.

I wasnt prepared for the Sacrifice to be so Brutal... whats next, are you going to map jumping to the kinect?