Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 22.20.0] Virtual Cursor Feedback MEGATHREAD - Share Videos Where Possible!

aidan890

Saw the update, got my hopes up today. Logged in and the D-pad still does not work at the map screen(at all). On the load out screen the D-pad half works but the only snaps the cursor to some random place on the loadout menu. So basically nothing has changed that is making me want to play this game. No D-pad means I can't select missions without using the left stick to move the cursor ( a move the takes longer than the old D-pad where the cursor would auto to the panel that was active) and I can't be bothered to deal with something that should not exist on my console game. Think I have only run one mission since this mess began and I don't feel like playing while these UI controls remain in place. Give us the option to use either the old system or this one. That is why they are called "Options." How this got past testing for console is beyond belief. 

Edited by (PS4)telamonayax

Lots of my friends are quitting warframe because of this courser and I may do the same soon because of that. I love the game but like them I just cant stand playing it how it is now so please for us those who don't want the courser put an option to revert back to old UI cause I get that some like this change although I don't know why it just adds more hassle to doing things on console. I will keep a lookout if the courser problem to be fixed but don't expect to see me or my friends on until then but that also hurts us cause we love the game but we hate to see it how it is now. On a side note I do like the new Dojo looks, now thats the good stuff everyone likes.

Seriously DE, why are you pushing this awful cursor system to console? Practically every single interaction with the console, UI, games, menus, apps etc are done with button and d-pad, why on earth try and change that? It's absolutely unintuative at every step. This isn't PC, it doesn't fit or belong on console. Just give us back the old way or at least give us the option to choose how we navigate the UI. This hybrid system is a complete mess.

This hybrid UI is not really working for anyone. When using mouse and keyboard hacking does not work, I have to switch to controller to hack and use gear items. The cursor is a bad idea, why not have a mouse/keyboard and controller mode that can be selected from settings. That way the player can choose the experience that they enjoy. 

Currently it feels like both controller and mouse/keyboard are unfinished and broken. Thanks for all the effort. Love your game.

Please think of disabled gamers. 

Some of us play on console for a reason. 

As a partially disabled veteran of the U.S Army with a TBI where it will take someone a week to learn its going to take my brain 6monthes, roughly- to get used to it.

Can we have a simple 'toggle off' for those of us who may be disabled? Everyone knocking on those of us who 'do not like it' seem to forget disabled gamers exist, and I dump 100's into this game a month for fun, as it is one of the few games I have came to love that have multi existence (PC/consoles)- and one of the very few console games I absolutely adore. 

Please DE think about disabled gamers and give us a 'toggle off' option to the cursor. I can hardly play now. 😞

As of 6/7/2018  I think the ps4 is in a good place.   The things that got reverted feel great again  (arsenal/relics).   

You guys seems to not be willing to give up the cursor for some reason so I guess I will wait to see what that reason is..... but everything else feels good.  I just use the D-pad to navigate the UI now instead of the left stick which is fine(even though my D-pad is broken, because sony makes garbage).   

However its not all Rainbows and sunshine for me....

Went to my operator menu the other day and several things were a problem.

--First the new first window you get when you open the operator menu is 3 circles... one for your amp, one for your clothes,  one for your focus schools.... all 3 of them with barely legible text in the circles stating that.   But every single one of the circles also says "secondary"  what the hell is that about lol???  This screen is super sloppy and not needed.  If you you go into your amp or clothes you can simply tab over to the other stuff so wth ???  At the least just have two circles.  Operator and Schools.  

--Second huge problem is in Focus schools.  When your looking at a specific school the text is suuuuuper small on ability names and descriptions.   Font size all over the game is looking pretty tiny lately..... Not everyone plays on a pc with a screen in their face....  

--Lastly.... PS4 has NO WAY to preview what the cost or effect will be for upgrading an ability.   When you mouse over an ability it just shows the CURRENT stats and description.   You can dump a little focus into it and THEN see but then you have to cancel out(or spend it).   It should just tell us from mousing over.. like it does on PC (from what i've been told).   Or give us a button to press to preview next rank.  

--If we dont get the ability to stretch the chat box horizontal and vertically by the end of all this UI update that is going to be a massive fail.   

New UI cursor is not intuitive. I use a controller whether on PC or console and the new update has made navigating frustratingly difficult. Selecting items takes longer, cursor is slow and sluggish even with sensitivity turned up, and simple actions like rotating your frame while in the arsenal is buggy. If I use a mouse it might make a bit more sense but I don't and on console, I cant. Please revert the changes or at least give the option to toggle it off.

I'd like to add that the new UI seems quite buggy. A friend of mine can only mod anything one slot at a time. He equips a mod, then has to exit the mod screen, then go back in, etc until done. On my end, I see the UI ignoring input regularly. I've had the Navigation screen ignore R1 button presses and then after backing out and returning to the Navigation screen, it ignored X input when selecting the Sortie mission. Ignoring X and d-pad input is the most common. Usually backing out of the screen and going back in fixes it, but sometimes you have to do this repeatedly.

Also, chat windows seemingly can't be closed except while you are in your ship. It's a bit odd.

iv been playing trying to find good sides to this new UI and i nearly found one i can if i want play with a mouse and keyboard cool i can snipe better now and more accuratly BUT whats the controller buttons move to on the keyboard? it dosent say and you can not remap them so that need fixing so that we can remap the keys on the keyboard

Since PS4 has to be like PC now then I want all aspects.  When's our founder's pack going on sale?  Hold the updates to make sure we all get them at the same time.  Apparently sarcasm but won't be purchasing prime access and accessories like I usually do if this is not fixed.

as I said before, this (even after the fixes) is stopping me entirely from playing. I hardly log in the hope of some discount, then I close. I just can't stand how bad the feeling of... doing everything is now.

a toggle would be VERY appreciated. maybe you guys don't think this is a major affair, but it is, undoubtedly.

as we are now, we can slowly accept this (as we have done with all others major changes to the game) or we can keep on being vocal about. this time for me is a game changing "no".

I absolutely hate this new cursor. I literally logged off. The only reason I will be getting back on is because I have a 3 day booster. If I wanted these features I would have played on a pc. This is not user friendly for me or efficient. I'm slower due to disability and this takes up too much time. It's become way too complicated. Fix this and I'll come back. Otherwise it's a major turnoff. I play on consoles for a reason. 

PC m+kb player here. I have to say i LOATHE the removal of so makey key (haha pun 😒) features for us keyboard jockeys. Please restore arrow / wasd and enter functionality to the UI ASAP. The removal of these has become a constant annoyance and i can see abosutly no benefit to their removal. To me it seems the UI has just been made more aggravating for no reason. Even if this was needed to implement the new controller cursor (wich i dont use but the replies dont seem in favor of it) why is something like this not toggleabe in settings? we all have different preferences in how we play and how we control our games. Stop trying to force eveyone to use the UI scheme you think is best but let us choose for ourselves.

More than unwelcome balance changes or server problems THIS is the kind of change that makes me immediately consider leaving the game for good.

1 hour ago, (XB1)RealisticSky79 said:

I absolutely hate this new cursor. I literally logged off. The only reason I will be getting back on is because I have a 3 day booster. If I wanted these features I would have played on a pc. This is not user friendly for me or efficient. I'm slower due to disability and this takes up too much time. It's become way too complicated. Fix this and I'll come back. Otherwise it's a major turnoff. I play on consoles for a reason. 

One thing to note, the dpad does jump to menu listings in many cases. That doesn’t excuse this pre alpha pushout to the community.

So after playing with the cursor a bit here is my thought/critics and suggestions:

1. The cursor makes everything feel slower overall. I know you can up the speed but if you make it too fast it becomes impossible to accurately select anything. That said it's not too bad in the foundry and arsenal (now that we have the option to use the old system to select, upgrade, and change appearance, greatly appreciated!) Although using the right stick to rotate the warframe in appearance is still somewhat awkward in this new system. 

2. Selecting things with the cursor is slow and doesn't feel good. My only real experience with this issue is placing dojo decorations and selecting relics. When you select any item you then have to move the cursor to the opposite side of the screen to confirm your selection which wastes time.
Suggestion: Have these items double click to confirm player's selections. It would help a lot, especially during endless void missions when time is short.

3. Anytime you bring up a menu you have to figure out where the cursor was last or use the Dpad which is also slow because the cursor then has to make the journey across the screen. Same goes for the gear wheel.
Suggestion: Have the cursor start at the top the menus when they are opened, or in the case of gear, have the cursor return to the center of the screen. That way players can more quickly select their gear or an emote.

4. Using trade chat is must harder and time consuming now. This is the one place I feel the cursor should excel. Being able to directly click on item links and player names is great, but most of the time it simply does not work. The item links only really work if you use the old method of pressing L3 and selecting the link from the second menu. Selecting a player's name has become needlessly complicated. Since the player link doesn't usually work you have to open the submenu to select the first letter (like before) however the cursor just gets in the way. The Dpad can highlight a letter but you can't select anything until the cursor is in the field and instead of selecting the highlighted letter it selects whatever is under the cursor.
Suggestion: Beyond simply fixing the broken link issue, allowing the Dpad to select letters that can already be highlighted would be greatly appreciated. 

As many have said, we are not on PC. The cursor slows everything down. I honestly don't understand what the cursor was supposed to do better than the Dpad. The only place the cursor would excel in my opinion is the chat, which is broken.

Overall the cursor isn't terrible but does not feel necessary at all.

Honestly the cursor is a cool concept, but in practice it's absolutely unwieldy as a console/controller using player. Being unable to scroll down the shop options without using both thumb sticks or the right thumb stick and D-pad just feels counter-intuitive and when I tried re-modding some of my gear it frustrated me to the point that I didn't even want to continue playing. No other updates in all the time I've played have managed to do that, and to put it into perspective I run a 2 person ghost clan that can build the Hema. I honestly don't intend to even attempt to play until the UI makes some sense again.

Console player here, just waiting for the wrath of the gods to undo the horrible UI changes or make them optional.

I'll probably stop by aphew more times until I give up and uninstall.

I hope this *update* isnt the end, but its hard to see a bright side when DE keeps saying they are shoving spoons up my @#$ to MY benifit, now your a person and a silverware drawer! Arent you happy? No... ... Well, dont worry we can sort out where to plug the knives next.

I just wish if they had wanted to clean up their code, they could have kept it to the code side. The side we ideally never see or recognize unless something feels off. Well, something feels off that didnt before. I can't say it feels bad, but it feels nowhere as good as it did, and in some areas like sub-menu-scrolling with the right stick feel more hand twisting than Shadow of the Colossus (the big sand-snake one). It feels like I'm trying and often failing to convince it to do something when previously it would just do it. All the sensitivity adjustments don't fix the sensation of lag, and by this point if/when anything actually comes of this, I'm going to have to reset to default. Again. Hey, can we have profiles if we're allegedly going customizable? Although this isn't feeling customizable at all.

I also would like if the "mouse-over" (it is) would pop up the details in relics without have to "click" on them. Scrolling through things with the d-pad -or- cursor should auto-scroll (or have option) in foundry/arsenal/relics. So, both as before in so many words. Not saying you have to use the same code, just have a translator on hand in programming :/. You know, make the new code do the same thing as the old, but cleaner. So it doesn't feel like I'm riding a concussed horse.

I have no input on what has apparently happened to the gear/emote/fishing wheels, but from how much the menus in the lander sap me of desire to play, and from what I've read hereabouts I suspect it to wouldn't feel good to me.

Never used the chat/ trade and am a clan of one left, so also no input there good or ill.

So, yeah, unfortunately I'm one of those taking a playing hiatus until they either "fix" it into something I can do something to, or actually release the thing this mess allegedly was leading up to, and have it warrant these growing-pains. I'm a cynic, and have my thoughts, and would love to be wrong.

Good luck DE. Hope it gets you where you want to be, and those who can tolerate/like the new setup, you're better than me.

...and I can't read.

Edited by (PS4)Arc1723
idiocy

Well DE hope you happy with your new PC Console baby cause everyone leaving now cause they want no part in it. My friends quit cause this courser, I would say 75% of the player base don't like the courser from what I have seen, and I don't like it. The courser just does not work with console. Now 3 options are in front of you and if you don't pick one you will lose a lot of people just because of 1 little fault. First option would be to remove the courser from everything but the mission select where it originally was. Option 2 Make a option to turn courser on/off. Option 3 I would say not to do this ever and that would be not doing anything about it and loosing everyone cause our trust in you would be lost forever. I may be throwing this at you hard DE but its only because I care. Warframe is a great game and I would hate to see it die because of this after it has come so far. I hope you make the right choice.

The Cursor is a joke right? Just to troll us? Only ask because, its a fool's idea. Its not asked for, yet u force this pathetic stupid f'n annoying P.O.S on us, and you dint give us an option to turn it the f off, wtf were you guys thinkin at all.Now ANY menu is a slow,numb,dim whitted and hugely frustrating to use. Get rid please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please, i cant even get my head in the mood to play no more,coz ya HAVE TO USE its stupid ass to do anything now,n it just straight up angers n enrages me, makes me hate your creation with a passion. #killthecursor #sacktheguywhosideaitwas. Do you thing we cant see a highlighted box? Hence the 'Cursor of dummy' addition?

On 2018-06-09 at 1:41 AM, (PS4)jrpack907 said:

I hope you #*!%ing die you $&*&*#(%&ed S#&$. Who puts pc cursors in a ps4 game? If i wanted a #*!%in cursor id go buy a #*!%in computer. Anyway I deleted your S#&$ game. Lemme know when you remove the cursor or atleast make it optional. You guys really let a lot of ppl down. Its still a great game and ppl will put up with the cursor but 80%of the people who play warframe hate that cursor but still play. Stop makin ps4 a pc. Do you make ppl on pc not have have cursor and play with controller? I didnt think so....

I'd delete that post quick before you get perma banned I hate the new UI as well but death wishes won't bring the old UI back nothing will because DE have their heads so far up their asses right now they won't give a crap or care to fix it because once the major crowd dies down they start to completely ignore incoming criticism 

Honestly right now I hope your office gets smited by God and you get put out of a job because how you treat us is a PlSS take its like we're mindless children and we don't know what we want despite us voicing valid criticism and what we want. Give me one person who's asked for this except you selfish people at the office I really feel like I've been trolled or lied to right now do you hate us what did we do wrong to piss you off so badly that you would force and idea upon us like this and not even a bit of reconsideration to change it back this is not the same company I came to love a year ago I guess the more you play this game the more you realise you guys don't care as much as I thought

On 2018-06-06 at 6:16 PM, (PS4)VauhtiVeikko said:

PC People have been complaining this for weeks and not a single peep have been heard of them to address these issues. And in stream Steve said that there is no turning back that we are stack with this thing. I started WF in 2015. And yes there are many many updates etc that I haven't liked and agreed but this is the first time that I have dragged myself here and complained about it. And why? Because this literally broke the basic functions of this game.  And yesterday in the stream they just said that we have to get used to it. Why I would have to get used to broken controls? Doesn't make any sense at all. 

Now after Steve's tweet I have little faith that they might actually do something to mix this god awful mess. But still cant wrap my head around that how this kind of change got to be released in the first place. I guess the testing people have not played on consoles before?

They actually said that I'm #*!%ing so pissed and sad right now lost for #*!%ing words