Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 22.20.0] Virtual Cursor Feedback MEGATHREAD - Share Videos Where Possible!

aidan890

So they show us pictures of the coming UI and tell us to "live with" this new UI hardly anyone is liking right now. Even though I have dumped money on this game I can honestly say that unless this new UI wows me to my core I will probably end up deleting this game from my PS4. What a joke to be dealing with this for this long when a version reversion would have sufficed to keep most folk happy. Who asked for slower controls on everything again? 

If they don't fix this courser problem soon and I mean soon warframe will die faster than Volt can run with max power and sprint speed. If DE thinks that adding a courser was a good idea they have a lower IQ than a Grineer butcher. I hope they come to their senses otherwise they will lose everyone on console. I myself have not played since this update, my friends quit, and the list goes on. Also im sure if you look through all the comments you will see mostly hate for this UI. You may have big updates coming up but don't expect anyone to be playing cause this new UI. Im sure everyone is thinking this right now "Warframe is is dead until they bring back the old UI, we are not PC."

10 hours ago, (PS4)codyu2425 said:

If they don't fix this courser problem soon and I mean soon warframe will die faster than Volt can run with max power and sprint speed. If DE thinks that adding a courser was a good idea they have a lower IQ than a Grineer butcher. I hope they come to their senses otherwise they will lose everyone on console. I myself have not played since this update, my friends quit, and the list goes on. Also im sure if you look through all the comments you will see mostly hate for this UI. You may have big updates coming up but don't expect anyone to be playing cause this new UI. Im sure everyone is thinking this right now "Warframe is is dead until they bring back the old UI, we are not PC."

Here’s the thing, outside of bugs ATM, the only reason the UI is slower is DE’s failure to auto focus in a few menus.

Pressing the dpad keys will often snap the cursor to menu listings.

The missions menu in navigation and chat tabs are the biggest offenders. For the former  r1/l1 doesn’t cause the UI to focus on that listing and on the latter “x” doesnt do anything, you have to use the cursor to interact with menu/panel in both cases.

appearence doesnt allow you to preview unpuchased skins. loadouts dont hint the frame and gear.

Also if you want to know how bad this is my friends that I said left because of the courser all play Destiny 2 and they all said and I quote "DE just ruined their game by trying to be like Destiny." You know what they did they went back to Destiny 2 after all this time and before this courser problem they thought Warframe blew Destiny 2 away and there was no contest on what was better. Im sure if you ask them now they will say Warfame died because of something stupid. I talked to them last night they said they are not coming back until the courser is gone and they cant believe DE added that and haven't removed it yet with all the hate it is getting and people quitting. Does DE even listen to us anymore? Im sure they could remove it cause if it was added it can be taken away just like how a lot of people started playing cause Warframe was good they can easily quit just like I just may do if nothing is done.

I reaalllyyyy miss the old UI. Just wanted to vent my nostalgia and sadness that the old UI is gone. The old UI was so fast, so slick and unlike our current abomination, so very RESPONSIVE. It worked plain and simple. BTW, I'm a PC user w/Controller. And no Kb/M is not an option for me.  I can forgive mistakes, but it's hard to swallow this seemingly BAD decision when DE hasn't attempted to show what we have to look forward to. 

trash this awful ui on consoles and revert back to old set up never needed a fix it was fine the way it was any of the 1'/, that asked for this trash can go to pc i bought a console to play console games if i wanted a "pc experience" id have shelled out for a good pc to play wf on dont pull a activision and screw over your players just get rid of this crap heap of a idea 

Also if steve really feels we need to get use to it he needs to get useto being unemployeed we pay for his stupid ass to program if for weeks we tell you this S#&$ dont work revert back than do it dont be lazy good luck recovering your fan base the ones who actualy pay your checks not the casuals who pay nothing you sit here and for last year push vets away even the founders over stupid crap now are putting yet another nail in the coffin with this crap oh but thats the sacrifice right be forced to play on a pc or quit after 3+ years and thousends of dollers spent

I just started playing again after a few months break and the game is now unplayable, i play on PC using a controller.. I got 239 hours into the game and spent money but now i can't properly play because for some reason the whole control scheme changed when i was gone. please bring it back I want to play warframe again also why couldn't I use my direction pad for the menus like before and not my joystick(horrible idea)..

Edited by wuzup916
error

If they were to at least take the courser out of modding, customizing warframes, and in the pause menu everything would be fine cause everywhere else I don't really mind. Also on the mission select I don't see why you need the right analog to zoom in and out, there really isn't a point to it and is a bit dumb but not as dumb as the courser.

Well I will say with all due politeness as a PC gamer who prefers to play games like Warframe with gamepad that I really intensely dislike the new gamepad style. I find it unnecessarily makes navigating menus slower and more frustrating. It made sense before for gamepad controls to snap to the options on the menu and have convenient hot keys for appearance, upgrades m.m...

I would ask to please change it back but from what I see here looks like I am only one of many asking this and I don't see any indication we're making any difference. This change to the controls is frustrating and disappointing. 

DE listen to your player base seriously no one wants the stupid courser except PC players and even then most of them don't want it. People are leaving the game in droves because of it and because you fail to listen. Well if you intend to keep it have fun with what little people you may have then. And don't expect many more people willing to pay for things which gives you money. If the courser stays everyone leaves. You have officially ruined one of the greatest games good work DE hope your happy.

1 hour ago, (PS4)codyu2425 said:

DE listen to your player base seriously no one wants the stupid courser except PC players and even then most of them don't want it. People are leaving the game in droves because of it and because you fail to listen. Well if you intend to keep it have fun with what little people you may have then. And don't expect many more people willing to pay for things which gives you money. If the courser stays everyone leaves. You have officially ruined one of the greatest games good work DE hope your happy.

PC players don't want the virtual cursor either! We have our mice if we need mouse cursors (even those of us that use controllers), and the mouse is better in every way than the plodding v-cursor.

Listening to the justifications from DE just leaves me thinking that they went with the virtual cursor because they couldn't figure out how to make navigation work with a controller, and weren't going to put in the effort. "Oh, just make it like a mouse or something. They'll get used to it." 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

16 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

PC players don't want the virtual cursor either! We have our mice if we need mouse cursors (even those of us that use controllers), and the mouse is better in every way than the plodding v-cursor.

Listening to the justifications from DE just leaves me thinking that they went with the virtual cursor because they couldn't figure out how to make navigation work with a controller, and weren't going to put in the effort. "Oh, just make it like a mouse or something. They'll get used to it." 

I did say even most PC players didn't want it. And I agree the didn't even put thought into it. Didn't even think trying way beforehand to say Hey guys mind trying something new. If you don't like it we can take it out BUT NO THEY STICK US WITH THIS AND JUST EXPECT US TO GO ALONG WITH IT THEN THEY DO NOTHING TO GET RID OF IT EVEN THOUGH JUST ABOUT EVERYONE SCREAMING AT THEM TO GET RID OF IT. The stupidity I tell you what.

13 hours ago, (XB1)Eternally Ninja said:

Welp, I guess this is it then. Not enough players speaking up to get this fixed.

On the bright side Anthem is out in February, and many other co-op games are on the horizon.

Maybe WF will get fixed eventually, and maybe I will catch wind of it then... but Im not holding my breath.

Not enough players speaking up? Have you seen Home >Feedback> Feedback Categories> General> (XB1/PS4) Virtual Cursor Feedback Megathread

They have 64 pages of of about 97% complaints and criticisms.

I have no idea why there are two different forums, also the devs actually put updates there.

The devs know we don't like this and don't feel like our happiness is worth the extra trouble to reprogram the whole thing and stick to UI reprogramming only and not mess with the controls.

4 hours ago, (PS4)codyu2425 said:

Just went into the PSN store and rated this game 1 star for failure to listen to player base. You all should do the same.

I think that's a good idea maybe if the scorn for the terrible controls was put somewhere people will find it easier, the devs might care more. Hey devs we care! I am going to leave a bad review on steam. When you fix this problem I will fix my review.

Need the option to turn it off or fully reinstate the dpad functionality. Also, the UI keeps locking up and I am either unable to open the chat window or I cannot click on names to talk, invite, etc. This is in latest update. 

I won't be investing large amounts of time or money anymore until this works. I will login and sortie but that's probably it. What an awful and untested mess to roll out just before tennocon. The timing could not have been worse. I cannot recruit fast enough for the clan members I have lost due to this.

My clan has over 90 people in it. Every single one hates The Curse. Same in the Alliance chat. Every1 hates this crap. Before I would have rated this as AAA+ game, now its in Alpha state. Here's couple Big Bugs which are constant:

Arsenal: They hotfixed the triangle back so we could remove mods faster. 90% of the time its not there! Before we could move config to config with shoulder buttons. Now the Config text becomes magnetized and can't click it anymore because The Curse revolves around it!!! Its literally impossible to change configs because I just can't click it. 

Text chat: This is repeatable 99% of the time. Click any of the linkable items in the text and it glitches. Cant anymore close chat tabs and every single menu item in the chat becomes unresponsive. Only way to recover from this is go to the relay or the dojo.

Same S#&$ keeps happening everywhere. The Curse becomes unresponsive and just cant activate things. It locks navigation sooo many times that.... ARGH!!!!!!!!

Saryn is Great! Everything else in this update is F U B A R !!!

After playing this a while it has become clear to me: Not a single sole tested this release. This is so broken and riddled with bugs all over the place just because of The Curse they added here. They should be ashamed of themselves to release this kind of mess. They surely cant call them professionals anymore. I have worked in many software companies and not in a million years would it been possible to break there own product completely and then just say to the paying customers: "GET USED TO IT AND STFU!" I still can't believe that they didn't revert this release back when they noticed that it's completely broken. That is total disrespect against their customer base. 

..this has killed my good will in the long haul. I haven't played since this hit the consoles after seeing the reaction it got over there (and how little they changed it from the PC version, then had to patch things back in, of course).

In fact, further seeing the commentary about the upcoming UI (and where the inspiration comes from), im just utterly baffled, and no longer interested in playing whatsoever, despite everything about to come up (which at this point i think is why this happened/ is happening when it did)

it's amusing actually how little foresight was in this. was there polling, was there any care to any of this ui related stuff, or is this all just full steam ahead "we'll get it right" sort of thinking?

I just don't get this.

'Twas the night before updates, and all through the ship,
nobody stirred, RedText did not quip.

Though there should have been so much excitement ahead,
the players were ticked; the UX was still dead.

The Tenno were waiting, blades clean in their sheaths;
logons showed still a cursor that filled them with grief.

... seriously, when are we getting a fix? Please? We wanna play the new update without taking half an hour to get through the required menus.