Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 22.20.0] Virtual Cursor Feedback MEGATHREAD - Share Videos Where Possible!

aidan890

The new virtual cursor is a HUGE step backwards. I literally cant mod anything in the arsenal. It shouldnt be this hard when the old UI worked just fine. It takes much more time and effort to move cursors around than the old UIs method. It is slow clunky and inefficient. I cant play the game like this.  Please allow us to toggle the virtual cursor!

edit: So i am in the Foundry. I can see the left and right shoulder buttons icons in the UI. But they do not work! Instead I am forced to clumsily move this slow cursor to precisely select a rather small icon with my thumb stick! DE is this your idea of "full controller support"?

edit2: Using chat is NONFUNCTIONAL with virtual cursor. I cant close chat windows with a player. It works maybe half the time. I am so frustrated with this new UI.. it is not consistent in the slightest. See vid here:

Please DE why the delay in fixing this? 

Edited by Maelthric

1. I cannot change the controller key binding setting on PC !!!!!!

Saw the solution in another thread: after changing key binding, use the controller to save it.

Please bring back how it use to work. 

2. Instead of having a cursor, 

a For star chart just allow arrow key to jump from planet to planet. 

b for menu scrolling, it use to work with arrow keys. Please bring it back

Edited by cloudis0077

I'm gonna give a big thumbs-down on this one.

I had been playing on Steam with a DS4 controller, and could seamlessly go from game to menu to everything and navigate through all of it like it was nothing. I've been out of the game for maybe a month (moving, personal stuff to deal with), and decided to go with the standalone version when I came back. The controller changes were jarring.

Using a keyboard and mouse on PC games like this causes my hands to cramp up, so I prefer controllers. D-pad navigation is faster. Using the analog stick in place of a mouse is just so much worse... I may as well just use the mouse, which sort of defeats the purpose. Big changes like this should probably made as an optional choice in the settings menu. I would use my mouse just this once to click this one off.

Edited by WillHavik
A second thought

I play Warframe with a PS Nav controller in my left hand and Logitech G502 Mouse in the right.

I often use the circle button on the Nav Controller to back out of menus and things. Since the UI icons change depending on input source, kb/m or controller, each time it swaps to kb/m with a slight move of the mouse it swallows a circle button input so I have to keep my right hand completely still then press circle to swap to controller mode and press circle again to back out of whatever menu I was on. It's very clunky.

To illustrate further,  I can keep moving the mouse while spamming circle and the circle button input will not be recognized because the icons are spazzing out. I think this could be solved if there is a toggle option to keep UI icons static to an input method.

Luckily, I have not noticed an impact on responsiveness of controls while in mission and combat.

As an aside, I've tried contoller/mouse input scheme on games where I can (eg Vanquish, Destiny 2) and they are very clunky because the switching between UI icon sets causes input hitching. Overwatch is another game that does similar UI icon swapping but does not hitch inputs, however certain heroes (Hanzo, Zenyatta) for some reason have UI icon locations swapped for abilities based in input method and can allow me to use two different abilites with one kind of input based on how much I make the UI spaz.

The world is not either or kb/m or controller, sometimes it's controller/m. 

17 hours ago, Sawney said:

Well this sucks. 4 pages in 11 days. I can only assume they will call us the vocal minority and easily ignore this. 😞

Most of the complaints about this are in the build-note threads, it seems like most people don't know this thread is here.

Okay, I'm glad I found the right outlet for this. I'll put this very simply (difficult, because I'm nearly hyperventilating).

This system is absolutely and totally horrible. I play with a controller because I want a controller experience. I do not want a virtual mouse. At all. Every basic menu function is slower, less precise, more cumbersome, and just plain deeply unpleasant. Where I could just tap the stick before and get results, I have to drag my virtual pointer through molasses.

Look, if people like this sort of thing, that's fine. But this really needs to be optional. It's a straight up game-ruiner for me right now. I just dread using the menus now, for anything and everything. I don't want to go through my mods. I don't want to set up loadouts. I pretty much don't want to touch the UI at all because this system is just so utterly offensive to my sensibilities.

Hello, I would like to add my voice to making this optional.

This feature wasn't really needed, messed up steam controller configs and makes everything worse than it was to begin with.  I am really unhappy with the feature. I would say dump it entirely however I can see a lot of time went into making the system to begin with and maybe someone likes it.

Please Make It Optional! 

[edited for spelling]

Edited by CheekiestBreekiestNinja

On 2018-05-27 at 6:13 PM, Sawney said:

Well this sucks. 4 pages in 11 days. I can only assume they will call us the vocal minority and easily ignore this. 😞

Technically, you are. Most PC players, to my knowledge, use kb/m over gamepad.
Therefore gamepad users are a minority no matter how you slice it.

That doesn't change anything; this change was made with gamepad users in mind, and DE should therefore be listening to the gamepad users over the rest of the community on this particular issue, and you're being quite vocal on the matter, in this and other threads on the subject.

@[DE]Aidan , could we get some acknowledgement over here, please? Just a 'yes we see you' would be enough to let us know you're not just ignoring the threads of complaints on this change.

Just now, WolvenEdge said:

@[DE]Aidan , could we get some acknowledgement over here, please? Just a 'yes we see you' would be enough to let us know you're not just ignoring the threads of complaints on this change.

Yep Tenno! We are reviewing the thread for feedback! 

I hope you lot realise that could mean something, or a whole bunch of nothing. It's great that the thread is being 'reviewed', but I won't be happy until the changes are rolled back. I still think DE is dragging their feet because they are trying to force joystick players to 'get used' to the new interface. Well, I've been forced to use it for the past (how long has it been? A fortnight?) whatever, and I still think its horrible. I want to pull my hair out when I need to manipulate mods or look at my relics or even choose 'Leave Squad' after a mission. What used to take half a second, now takes five to ten.

I don't think anything is going to happen until this thread becomes 100 pages long. Only then will it become a 'hot topic'. Every time I see someone complaining about the new controls in Region, I tell them to make a protest..I mean comment here, to add to the number of disgruntled joystick players.

Just now, BiTheWay said:

I hope you lot realise that could mean something, or a whole bunch of nothing. It's great that the thread is being 'reviewed', but I won't be happy until the changes are rolled back. I still think DE is dragging their feet because they are trying to force joystick players to 'get used' to the new interface. Well, I've been forced to use it for the past (how long has it been? A fortnight?) whatever, and I still think its horrible. I want to pull my hair out when I need to manipulate mods or look at my relics or even choose 'Leave Squad' after a mission. What used to take half a second, now takes five to ten. 

I don't think anything is going to happen until this thread becomes 100 pages long. Only then will it become a 'hot topic'. Every time I see someone complaining about the new controls in Region, I tell them to make a protest..I mean comment here, to add to the number of disgruntled joystick players.

DE has multiple times stated their goal for UI 3.0 is to use the virtual cursor, hence why they added it NOW on a UI that's not designed for it -- to see where the qwirks are and fix them as much as possible.

I don't really see them doing a full roll back.

On top of this, the biggest issues I see with the new system is mainly on Arsenal (some of which were adressed, like the camera being retied back to the right cursor) and some D-pad functionality which Steve has tweeted about looking how to reimplement.

And on top of this, not all of us Gamepad users are in disagreement with the changes or would like to go back fully.

If that is true, then you are in the minority within a minority because all I've seen here are requests to either roll back the changes or enable a way to toggle it on and off. It is astounding that they would even make such a large change to the UI before asking the players who are active joystick users whether or not it would be a good idea. Instead, they decided to ask us AFTER the fact. I don't think that's a great way to do business. I surmise that the majority of us would have said that a virtual cursor would be a horrible idea.

Edited by BiTheWay
(edited to correct grammatical errors)

28 minutes ago, BiTheWay said:

You are still hanging in. I've shelved the game until the virtual cursor (and the associated controller changes) are gone. They've made the interface juuuust clumsy and slow enough for me to say "f*ck it."  

Obviously, I'm one player and they don't (and never should) base their decisions on one player. However, whatever their goals were for Interface 3.0, based on the pretty consistent feedback here and in the update threads about the virtual cursor and controller changes, I think they need to seriously consider going back to the table and coming up with new goals. One of those goals being "This interface must be completely usable with or without a cursor."

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

58 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

You are still hanging in. I've shelved the game until the virtual cursor (and the associated controller changes) are gone. They've made the interface juuuust clumsy and slow enough for me to say "f*ck it."  

Obviously, I'm one player and they don't (and never should) base their decisions on one player. However, whatever their goals were for Interface 3.0, based on the pretty consistent feedback here and in the update threads about the virtual cursor and controller changes, I think they need to seriously consider going back to the table and coming up with new goals. One of those goals being "This interface must be completely usable with or without a cursor."

What can I say? This game is #@$% addictive. So much, in fact, I created a second account on my PC just so I can start over (I own almost all the Warframes on my PS4 account). This doesn't mean I still can't be effing disgusted with the recent changes DE made to the interface.

I will say this much, however. DE threw us a bone and switched the confirmation buttons back to what they were originally. Why they made the change in the first place is anyone's guess.

Edited by BiTheWay

1 hour ago, NightmareT12 said:

I'm fairly sure there's a setting for that already.

There is not. There is a slider for aim sensitivity but that's it. I don't want to screw up my aim just to browse menus at the same speed. 

Edit: to be clear, I don't believe this setting affects cursor speed in menus. Even if it did it wouldn't be an effective solution.

Edited by ENGINEEEEER